Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Wade_Wilson
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Kaminari
Serious_Much
Buggy Virus
callipygias
10 posters

Infinity Challenge

Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Infinity Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Infinity Challenge

Post by Kaminari Fri May 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Well, I can only speak for myself, that acctually happened to me...I hattacked head on and then I unerstood like Crap, this is ng+!?! But I did not die, and was very amused about this, and I think I would have laughed even if I died...still though, could be just me..
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri May 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Rynn wrote:I've done this challenge before, but I allowed myself to level up to level 120... I think you can do a lot more at that point... and overall I kind of feel when you've got at least -something- to work with, you have more fun. I've never been a fan of "impossible" difficulty settings on games, challenges like this included.

I agree with her. Finished my first and second playthrough at SL150, and then left at the beginning of NG++. The added challenge of the first NG+, plus the fact that you've got most if not all the useful, secondary items in the game, means the run is faster and more fun.
    But since I consider that upping damage/health is fake difficulty, I didn't continue.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri May 18, 2012 10:58 pm

I AM SO GLAD I DID THAT. There's a glitch invader called rakesemup who just unloads on sl 6ish players in the Burg all day long with his maxed out fire club, dwgr, MoF, etc. I see him constantly. Apparently he lays down his white sign as well, 'cause there it was.

It was meant to be. Summoned him. He ran ahead oblivious, backstabbing anything with a back, doing 500+ damage. I just followed and smiled when he went down to the Black Knight. He bs'd him, then turned away. Only this is +++, and Mr. Knight is doing fine, thank you. Rakesemup turns back to him, and Mr. Knight breaks his guard, then finishes him off in about 2 seconds.

I waited a long time but his sign didn't reappear. I'm sure he's taking his aggression out on fledgling Dark Soulers right now.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Fri May 18, 2012 11:12 pm

callipygias wrote:I AM SO GLAD I DID THAT. There's a glitch invader called rakesemup who just unloads on sl 6ish players in the Burg all day long with his maxed out fire club, dwgr, MoF, etc. I see him constantly. Apparently he lays down his white sign as well, 'cause there it was.

It was meant to be. Summoned him. He ran ahead oblivious, backstabbing anything with a back, doing 500+ damage. I just followed and smiled when he went down to the Black Knight. He bs'd him, then turned away. Only this is +++, and Mr. Knight is doing fine, thank you. Rakesemup turns back to him, and Mr. Knight breaks his guard, then finishes him off in about 2 seconds.

I waited a long time but his sign didn't reappear. I'm sure he's taking his aggression out on fledgling Dark Soulers right now.

Excellent work in my opinion
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat May 19, 2012 4:12 am

I once got summoned into NG +[7] by a glitcher.
    He sent me a message and told me to pay no attention to me, he's just seeing how well I hold up... We reached the Taurus Demon before I keeled over and had a heart attack, due to that blasted plunge attack only taking away like 3% of it's HP... and myself not knowing it's attack pattern inside and out yet...

So apparently on NG+ it takes more poise to block things?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 19, 2012 4:20 am

callipygias wrote:I AM SO GLAD I DID THAT. There's a glitch invader called ******* who just unloads on sl 6ish players in the Burg all day long with his maxed out fire club, dwgr, MoF, etc. I see him constantly. Apparently he lays down his white sign as well, 'cause there it was.

You cant post others people ids on the forum.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat May 19, 2012 4:26 am

Shhhh the mods didnt notice! Callipy, quick! the edit button!

I love the idea of summoning newbies and showing them it gets worse.

On the bright side callipy, if youre one shot at +++ every playthrough will be essentially the same damage taken wise lol
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat May 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Yarxov wrote:
    On the bright side callipy, if youre one shot at +++ every playthrough will be essentially the same damage taken wise lol
    ha, yeah. estus flasks become a mockery when you cant survive a hit.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat May 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Do you appreciate the tiny damage taken from fall damage now? finally a use for flasks!
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm

yes!!! didnt know what to expect from jumps. was happily surprised.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sun May 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Here I go. NG+++ Gwyn. Here's hoping my li'l Dragon Crest Shield holds out for one more round.

Deep breath. Wish me luck!

EDIT: Yup, it held out. That's a good little shield. His quick one-hand attack I can't parry in time, so I have to absorb the first hit. Takes me down to a sliver of green, but that's still enough to parry the second hit, thank God.

On to ++++! *gulp*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:39 am