Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
WyrmHero
Forum Pirate
mugenis4real
RANT
DoughGuy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
billy_bayonet
11 posters

STR weapons

DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

STR weapons  - Page 2 Empty Re: STR weapons

Post by DarkW17 Thu May 24, 2012 8:01 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Overcompensation for the awesomeness of the dragon bone smasher, great axe, meat cleaver, and mirdan hammer. But yes, str weapons are noticeably more difficult to use.

I miss the old school str weapons, all kick *** and face breaking.

Lol thanks for stealing my thunder Forum Pirate!!

Well there's hardly any point in me posting in this thread anymore this is about all I wanted to say...but I will say long live the Dragon Bone Smasher....many people may even still remember that face smashing they got from mine:)
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu May 24, 2012 8:06 pm

not just teh face smashing the flyign across the room part made me lol
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu May 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Madness! The Great Club and Greatsword are awesome weapons.

I don't think there's a lack of usefulness of Str weapons, but I do think there's a lack of variety. They pretty much all handle the same; either great hammer type, great axe type (which is very close to great hammer) or great sword. Dex got the poking weapons, swords, curved swords, etc., which all handle very differently.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Thu May 24, 2012 9:52 pm

Str weapons are rare? I have more losses to str weapons than dex weapons.

Also, it's hard to put variety to str weapons when their main purpose is to smash your face in with as much force as possible.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri May 25, 2012 3:23 am

Some thing I've noticed today. I was try to find a buffable weapon for my Grant build. The thing is so heavy I was trying to use a small Str scaling weapon. Small Hammers: Not viable for PvP. Slow swings, short reach. The only one I could consider is the Pickaxe, but I don't know. Then I try the small axes. Somewhat slow and short reach. The only one that it's fast is the Hand Axe, very fast btw. Then I saw the Butcher Knife, that thing is big!!! And has somewhat long reach, and can be used to stunlock like the MSGS, but not with vertical swings, HORIZONTAL ones, which are good for PvP. In conclusion, apart from being slow, Str weapons specialize in stunlocking an opponent. All the small hammers and axes can break 52 poise when 2 handing them.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri May 25, 2012 3:30 am

I had my str builds on DeS, my first PVP build on DkS was based around the DGH silly on DeS I also had my pushlock glass cannon :L Broken ToB cast cursed weapon on sharp uchi +5 and have my hiltless +5 in OH, then I also had a Mercury Uchi +5 I believe as a backup for people using the scraping spear. On DeS my str weapon of choice, Claymore +9 ( max level i believe) and then my Blessed Mirdan hammer +5 with my Adjudicator +5 shield with Rejuvination and SC, used Sticky White stuff on the Claymore silly those were the good old days - not even the running firestorm assholes killed me silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:36 am