Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Jovias-86
Noob-of-Artorias
GkMrBane
DARKXLORD
Doelker
DxV04
BartholomewWenceslas
SlakeMoth
TheBigLebowski
MsCherryBlossom
Serious_Much
nsane32
Halicarnassis
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Jorund
Sulfur
Railage
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Tolvo
befowler
chimi chongos
Bioraptor
27 posters

Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 24 Empty Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:09 pm

I actually killed him as an assassin using primarily my sword the firt time. The thing is once you get on his body he has a hard time shaking you off, which means you can safely spam gouge to dea tons of damage.
    Isnt Savan the duke or something?

Also when do dragons and drakes and wyverns start showing up in the game world. Im level 40ish and havent seen one yet.
    Alluier
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Alluier Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:13 pm

They appear in set locations. Go near shadow fort and you can find one

Last edited by Alluier on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:16 am

alluier... I wouldn't even put that in a spoiler box, everyone will read it, just remove it before people who haven't done a full playthrough read it silly

No Dough, the duke isn't savan, but the duke is an arisen, hence why he's called "Dragons bane" a lot
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:26 am

Yeah I figured, but he mustve been a recent one considering, so i thought it migthve been him.
    Also yeah, I read that spoilre, but Im more excited about the ur-dragon. Have to make sure Im online when I fight it.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:43 am

*Sigh* Just to say the real final boss is the dragon, that post game bull crap where the world goes to hell is just an over long and unnecessary ending silly

Seriously, it's not even that long after the dragon, you should have just rolled with it and carried on and you would have completed it. You wouldn't even struggle with NG+, because it's more like NG-. You start the game again, except you keep your level and stuff and everything is same difficulty as first playthrough... so damn pointless.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:55 am

Just got a quest from the duchess's handmaiden, onyl to have it cancel itself straight after Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 24 2707236321
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:01 am

classic. I had that was supposed to go visit the duchess... Never did it, I'm a lazy bum silly
    Alluier
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Alluier Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:04 am

Ur Dragon so much fun, but some other chambers are way more chaotic, go into chamber of apprehension and have fun.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:05 am

Ah Dough how did you fix your earlier problem? Sounds like you are having fun!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:07 am

Which earlier problem?
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:08 am

DoughGuy wrote:Which earlier problem?

LOL let me look it up
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:08 am

Alluier wrote:Ur Dragon so much fun, but some other chambers are way more chaotic, go into chamber of apprehension and have fun.

have no idea which I went to, at that point I just wanted to end the game and go try NG+.. but then found it it's not really an NG+ at all.
    Alluier
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Alluier Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:10 am

sad
    THere are so many chambers, with so many bosses/enemies.
    You need to check it out.
    Also everfall merchants are the best.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:12 am

DxV04 wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Which earlier problem?

LOL let me look it up

Waaaaa I confused you with Fruit Punch Ninja!! waaa sorry cheers

Never mind!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:19 am

I went to most of them (I think), probably 7 or so. Yeah the merchants were good, though didn't buy anything because i decided to be stingy silly
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:22 am

DoughGuy wrote:I actually killed him as an assassin using primarily my sword the firt time. The thing is once you get on his body he has a hard time shaking you off, which means you can safely spam gouge to dea tons of damage.
    Isnt Savan the duke or something?

Also when do dragons and drakes and wyverns start showing up in the game world. Im level 40ish and havent seen one yet.

After you Kill Grigori (aka the Dragon) something happens to the everfall and then more dragons appear in your world.

One in the blue moon tower (ice drake i think)

and one (lighting) in some caves where you get those stone tablets I think.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:46 am

Wyrvens are the rarest of dragons also if you need all items Dragon Forged kill the Ur-Dragon in offline mode has just as much heath as The Dragons also drops the best loot
    Alluier
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Alluier Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:33 pm

It's so sad that sorcerers are so bad vs the ur dragon.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:44 am

Had my first non boss dragon fight. Magical Archer destroys it. Hunter bolt knocks it out of the sky with decent damage. Got its heart open unfortunately due to a previous fall I was on low hp. When it flew up and I tried to jump off I died. They take off too quickly.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Yeah Dough thats how I killed dragons. I just spammed hunters arrow repeatedly and let my pawns climb all over it looking like an orgy. Only thing I didn't like is they took too long, and they had and attack that instantly kills your pawns..

I mean, they're not even hard, they just take a while.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Yeah Dough thats how I killed dragons. I just spammed hunters arrow repeatedly and let my pawns climb all over it looking like an orgy. Only thing I didn't like is they took too long, and they had and attack that instantly kills your pawns..

I mean, they're not even hard, they just take a while.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:46 pm

Killed the big main storyline dragon last night, which was fun. I'd been farming the Devilfire grove one for a while so most of my stuff was dragonforged already, but I'd switched from mystic knight to magic archer to forge goodies for my pawn too (since the magic archer can wear most of the mage/sorceror gear too, which is what my pawn usually wears). Although I think mystic knight is probably the most powerful, I agree that magic archer was great. One thing in particular was that your arrows seem to do more damage the farther they fly, which is sorta counter intuitive. I could stand way off and do regular arrow attacks and 1-shot most mobs, and do huge damage to bosses. Only annoyance was that I was so far away that my pawns wouldn't even engage even if I ordered them forward.

I also had a bunch of quests crap out for no reason, and may have missed a bunch when after clearing Salvation from the Greatwall I was randomly exploring the ruins and went through a door and apparently triggered the "final fight" quest when I should have been off talking to other people to prepare for it. But on a funny note
    Spoiler:
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:58 pm

lol at the spoiler. Im pretty sure they arent doing extra damage from distance. If someone, you or enemies, does not have your weapon they take extra damage from all attacks. So what you are getting is bonus damage from them being unprepared.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:25 pm

My bro got to the bit in the story at end of selene's bit:

Spoiler:
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:16 pm

I'm taking a bit of a break from DkS to play this, it's pretty good so far. Chose Strider because of how annoying it was to not be able to be a full archer in DkS but it's a balanced class in DD.

Edit: I also had an absolute nerdgasm when I realized you can get Griffith's armor. DkS needs that badly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:07 pm