Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Nccbd
LordRevan
Unforseen
footsied
BiggestAdam
Malacath
Yarxov
Ser Isaac
Shkar
DeathlyLemons
sonofartorias
Mustaklaki
DxV04
DarkW17
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ghadis_God
Wilkinson3424
Tolvo
Uparkaam
Tarkkus
ithunktwice
Bamjam
SunlightCrusader
reim0027
FinPeku
C0rs0n64
DoughGuy
Brokewilly
EmoElmos
Quarik
RagingDragon_69
Knight Alundil
Spurgun
skarekrow13
User
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Garl Vinland
Serious_Much
Federally
cloudyeki
TehInfamousAmos
dancash1808
46 posters

Hunting season! (summer forest pvp event)

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Hunting season!  (summer forest pvp event) - Page 10 Empty Re: Hunting season! (summer forest pvp event)

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:29 pm

Host , Sunbro, White Phantom, Red Phantom - all ganking me - well attempting to xD
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Hunting season!  (summer forest pvp event) - Page 10 Empty Re: Hunting season! (summer forest pvp event)

Post by Shkar Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:40 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Host , Sunbro, White Phantom, Red Phantom - all ganking me - well attempting to xD

Not once have I seen the rainbow Brigade on XBL. I could probably count on one hand the number of 3v1'ers I've seen as well, but not a single 4v1.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Haha - they aren't common, see about one per day overall.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Shkar finally an advantage to being on xbox! Unless you like severe gank like that. I would rather avoid it.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:06 pm

I've seen 5 or 6 rainbow brigades and 3 of them were in one day (I dont think they were the same bunch)
    3v1's are about one or two a day. and 2v1's are just horrendously common xD
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:28 pm

I spent several hours a day FH for like a month straight and I still only saw a handful of 3v1's. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Or unlucky, since the lack of practice will make the 3v1 Lifehunter test insane...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Same as dancash, 'cept just one brigade;
    Mainly twin campers, who I like to make daid.
    Rarely see 3v1, 'cause my internet's flaky
    Lemon buff on my great scythe, still makes them shaky.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:36 pm

xD nice skare. and shkar I'm sure we can gather up 4 xbox players for practise at some point if you want xD
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:39 pm

dancash1808 wrote:xD nice skare. and shkar I'm sure we can gather up 4 xbox players for practise at some point if you want xD

Ugh, I'm sure you, Sun, and DxV would be glad to gang up on me for a while after all the beating up I did on you guys silly
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:46 pm

hehe silly sure why not I was thinking of it to help you out though, I dont find wailing on a guy in unfair circumstances remotely satisfying in terms of feeling like I won silly what are you expected to go up against in the lifehunter challenge any specific weps?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:48 pm

dancash1808 wrote:hehe silly sure why not I was thinking of it to help you out though, I dont find wailing on a guy in unfair circumstances remotely satisfying in terms of feeling like I won silly what are you expected to go up against in the lifehunter challenge any specific weps?

For the 3v1 test, I just have to go up against JK and two phantoms and kill JK. If I remember correctly, he typically uses a bow.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Hmm almost every fight in the forest or Dark Londo for that matter is at least a 2v1. I occasionally deal with 3v1s (not often though) and I believe I have had one rainbow brigade.
    DeathlyLemons
    DeathlyLemons
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DeathlyLemons Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:17 pm

when i invade the forest its usually 2v1 or 3v1, i kill the phantoms first, then the host cowards towards the entrance to summon more phantoms. ive had a few people commit suicide when i kill their phantoms by jumping off the cliffs in the area. ive even had one guy toxin himself with dung pies, run away, then die XD that one made my day, and he wasnt throwing them at me, he threw them at the wall by where shiva usually is.
    DeathlyLemons
    DeathlyLemons
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DeathlyLemons Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:41 pm

has anybody else noticed that when you get indicted as a forest hunter shiva suddenly appears in that players world as your being sent back to your world?
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Here's the build i'll be using for the event, so please take some time to give me pointers and stuff, it's much appreciated.

http://tinyurl.com/7awegxv

Aside from the DGM, i'll be using a GLGS, Fire Mura +10, and a Chaos Gargoyle halberd +5 as primary weapons. I also have a chaos pike +4 to replace the falchion if necessary. I also may swap the Havels for Stone and the Witch Hat for the Royal helm once i have no more need of Vamos this playthrough. It gives me the same poise level and looks more unique, though i do like the way the Witch hat looks on armor. There are also some wasted points in there, as this was tweaked from my very first toon, but it doesn't matter in the forest so Shrug

Last edited by reim0027 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minified URL)
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:40 pm

The prize list is really, really minimal imo. Most 3v1 wins gets 10 humanity...what? Thats deserving of 99 humanity xD

What about a prize for most hatemail? xD
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:53 am

Yarxov, the bat, though he's flapping no longer;
    wants to suggest rewards for hate stronger.
    I'll second this goal, as one thing stands out.
    That mail can be sent, much like a shout,
    and provide evidence...of one's great deeds.
    Of chopping up campers, like intrusive weeds.
    While other things measure, a forester's worth,
    they can be hard to prove, a veritable dearth.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:47 pm

The prize list is a little low :') I'm sorry I am behind schedule and I would rather offer lower prizes and be able to provide on it than the reverse. (and I dont want to make the prizes so big that its worth cheating xD)
    A prize for most hate mail sounds rather amusing and fairly easy to adjudicate. although I have a bit of a back catalouge... Best hate mail might be amusing but is not dependent on the hunter.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:22 am

I came across something pretty strange in the forest just now. A host in full stone armor with the Stone GS who refused to fight, but summoned a variety of phantoms for duels with the invaders. (I invaded him a few times) I got the message of what he was trying to do and only dueled the phantoms, but he also got some less honorable FHs who tried to bang the host. He would just use the 2H R2 twop mimicry on his sword to escape, while the phantom went in to BS them. He was pretty cool about not flasking the phantom either; even when I got his summon down to a sliver of heath he let us fight to the death.

Have you other hunters ever come across anything like this? A host moderating duels? I might actually like to try that in the forest sometime to raise the general standards of honor among people PvPing there.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:20 am

I was in the forest just now, and honestI got 3v1ed as the host. first phantom to invade didnt wait for me to finish a fight with an NPC, charged right in, after fighting those two a bit (NPC wass just stunlock danger) a third joined in, same DW as before who 2v1 ganged me. He joined in, FH uses Divine Blessing, got the FH down to 1/3 after a bit, DW down to 1/2 before I randomly died. (honestly dont know what happened lol, no one was near me.)
    I can see why people summon atleas 1 phantom, Forest invaders can be assholes! lol.
    (But not you guys! I love you guys!)
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:42 am

Haha, sorry yarxov. It can be like that, and I have had almost as much hate from hunters saying I was an *** for not 2v1'ing as I have from bitter hosts, sad sorry you had such a bad experience
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:58 am

No problem, I think I sent the proper message: "1v1 and your *** would be mine" xD
    (especially the NPC)

(And before you call me out on saying that look at my first post, I got one down to 1/2, other down to 1/3 after he healed with DB, in a 2v1 +NPC situation)
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:03 am

I wasnt gona call you out on saying that silly far as I'm concerned if I force the opponent to heal I win , I just didnt get the souls I rightfully deserve... silly
    Malacath
    Malacath
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Malacath Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm definitely in this, that's gonna be hell of a fun.
    Most forest intruders deserve to get punched hard, the last week I met only a single fair player, that's such a shame.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:24 pm

That host is not going to last long moderating in the forest All you need is a invisible ring hawk ring and power within Use dragon slayer bow and watch what happens to the honorable host.
    I can't believe people still want to have fair duels in the forest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:17 am