Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
IncrediblePlum
SunlightCrusader
Shkar
Serious_Much
Federally
Jorund
Baldor Ostarv
befowler
Wilkinson3424
User
Yukon
Imarreteet23
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Eolan
Wade_Wilson
DoughGuy
SpecOps0
21 posters

You know Solaire... right?

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

You know Solaire... right? - Page 5 Empty Re: You know Solaire... right?

Post by Shkar Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:18 am

Sparda wrote:I guess I believe it's a father-son thing. Kids look up to their because they're perceived as strong and powerful. I believe he just wanted to prove himself, hence wanting and finally proving that he can handle his own "sun".

EDIT: It's controversial, but there's a difference between emulate and replicate. I said emulate, which means to mimic or SURPASS the original, and replicate, which is to copy EXACTLY.

He's the oldest of Gwyn's children and If Gwyndolin is any indication, he already would have had chances to prove himself.

Instead, I think Solaire is just a very poetic person, and he equates the constant vigilance of the son to a loving protection, like that of a father protecting his children.
    Sparda
    Sparda
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sparda Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:21 am

Shkar wrote:
    Sparda wrote:I guess I believe it's a father-son thing. Kids look up to their because they're perceived as strong and powerful. I believe he just wanted to prove himself, hence wanting and finally proving that he can handle his own "sun".

EDIT: It's controversial, but there's a difference between emulate and replicate. I said emulate, which means to mimic or SURPASS the original, and replicate, which is to copy EXACTLY.

He's the oldest of Gwyn's children and If Gwyndolin is any indication, he already would have had chances to prove himself.

Instead, I think Solaire is just a very poetic person, and he equates the constant vigilance of the son to a loving protection, like that of a father protecting his children.

Exactly! If he tried to prove himself then it fits relatively cleanly with the "foolishness banishment" part. I think the guy just wanted a second chance.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:24 am

Sparda wrote:
    Exactly! If he tried to prove himself then it fits relatively cleanly with the "foolishness banishment" part. I think the guy just wanted a second chance.

Too be completely frank, the description of Sunlight Blade screams to me that the God of War left in shame or self-imposed exile after he was "demoted", so to speak.
    Sparda
    Sparda
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sparda Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:28 am

Perhaps he did not want to shame his family further. So off he went, chasing after his own sun.

I don't know. I think I'm just crazy. Solaire's character draws me in far too much lol. Hopefull more...light... Is shed on the new DLC
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:34 am

Sparda wrote:Perhaps he did not want to shame his family further. So off he went, chasing after his own sun.

I don't know. I think I'm just crazy. Solaire's character draws me in far too much lol. Hopefull more...light... Is shed on the new DLC

Solaire is definitely an interesting character, but there is very little to support him being an ex-god. He has way too much of a worshipper personality about him for someone who once was essentially the very aspect of Sunlight and War.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:48 am

The whole joke with solair is that he red herrings you into thinking he's the firstborrn. But if you take all the evidence into account and kill him to take his gear, you discover he is just a well trained undead like you. His armor and shield has been painted by hand crudely, and his abilities are the results of intense physical training.

The firstborn made a mistake in the "annals", i wonder if its as simple as him being tricked by seath into delivering the maidens. Or his sister (ewww). Either way the mystery of him is not solved by solair.

What you have is a man who appears to be the firstborn, untill you dig into him and you discover hes not, there really is no evidence to support another layer to that.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:10 am

Eolan wrote:The whole joke with solair is that he red herrings you into thinking he's the firstborrn. But if you take all the evidence into account and kill him to take his gear, you discover he is just a well trained undead like you. His armor and shield has been painted by hand crudely, and his abilities are the results of intense physical training.

The firstborn made a mistake in the "annals", i wonder if its as simple as him being tricked by seath into delivering the maidens. Or his sister (ewww). Either way the mystery of him is not solved by solair.

What you have is a man who appears to be the firstborn, untill you dig into him and you discover hes not, there really is no evidence to support another layer to that.

This is the best summary I have every heard relating to Solaire. +1 for the day!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:45 am