Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+94
argotthar
loklopez
Darkpicha
xxHeroinxBobxx
ViralEnsign_
alxyamaguchi
Emergence
LordRevan
TehInfamousAmos
Sun Bruh
Kiva the wanderer
passivefamiliar
DxV04
Ciledaknuf
Alocas
Garl_Vinland
Slarg232
Pesth
RandelOolacile
Sheldor
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ghadis_God
Sabre120
joeclone
Nymfo
Zodiaxel
Bioraptor
isthefridge
Zombie_Collin
BishopHavel
Juutas
Estebanx1
Odinbear
Shkar
TheNudgeMan
H3adShotty
FruitPunchNinja
Zakkia
Ser Isaac
BartholomewWenceslas
Artorias
lordgodofhell
SlayerOfThe4Kings
BackwardsBaboon
dianaduh
Yukon
Raptrojo
billy_bayonet
Halicarnassis
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Yarxov
Tolvo
bloodpixel
his1n-
PlasticandRage
reim0027
JohnnyHarpoon
Majikero07
Viexnia
Azran
Severance
pillz1990
sonofartorias
RNsunbro
Yesuurd
Extertionist
TheBigLebowski
Wilkinson3424
GkMrBane
Leeroy_Jenkins
deadagain
SpecOps0
RagingDragon_69
Dubscythe
jjshowal
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
robsthedon
Federally
skarekrow13
Rynoa
Serious_Much
Reaperfan
Rollo-9
Jorund
sunbro
ublug
DoughGuy
FrEyes
SlakeMoth
dancash1808
Blazalin
Noob-of-Artorias
Baldor Ostarv
Wade_Wilson
98 posters

Console DLC confirmed! Release date October 26th.

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Console DLC confirmed! Release date October 26th. - Page 14 Empty Re: Console DLC confirmed! Release date October 26th.

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Got some more minor DLC spoilers for you guys:

Spoiler:
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Console DLC confirmed! Release date October 26th. - Page 14 Empty Re: Console DLC confirmed! Release date October 26th.

Post by Yesuurd Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:04 pm

ARENA MODE! that's what I wanted to know about, interconnectivity who can give me more info on that? sick of droping signs and shh..
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:12 pm

theres a video of the arena mode thats in german from gamescon. Its footage of the 4 person deathmatch. here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jd_-P1ZjTw
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Just noticed that he translate some of what they are saying. He seems to confirm that the console DLC wont be coming till "December", I'm confirmed pissed.
    Alocas
    Alocas

Post by Alocas Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:28 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:You missed something even more interesting on the sword but that's most of the stuff I was referring to. The cloth seems to have been damaged from the left mostly just like you said. However, I saw it as frayed from age, pretty much universally on each side, but the left is discolored. So since I don't like keeping secrets too long.......

Spoiler:

Hey guys. I'd like to jump into your discussion and ideas.

Let me spoiler this straight away...

Spoiler:

By the way I really liked you analysis of the probable Lordblade Ciaran and her daggers, why they'd fit the hornet ring-style and everything. I would also love to see the smaller blade with the barbs to inflict a poison or toxin status (like: Oh, I didn't kill you with my OP-as-****-backstab? May you die from the intoxication sucka! twisted

THAT would be really really nice! lol!
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:26 am

I'm having serious doubts about pvp matchmaking...
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:29 am

As am I
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Whats unique about dark souls pvp is its unpredictability, for better or worse. Im getting the notion that rather than building on top of that awesome original idea of pvp that they are taking the easy way out with this pvp matchmaking system. With its growing popularity the soul series i worry will get watered down by shareholders pushing for easier accessibility to non-hardcore gaming customers and of course to their money. If this is the case, that would be a bummer to say the least , but business is business.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:19 pm

I agree sir. I get pumped up when invading/being invaded because I have no idea what's coming or was caught completely unprepared. Taking this away will kill much of the Souls game's appeal to me.

I just wish instead of match making they worked on better balance and better implementation of included mechanics. I'm sad
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:11 pm

We on the consoles might want to be more appreciative of what time we have before the dlc comes in instead of not being able to wait to get it. It may be the last moment of innocence, enjoy it, i say. Of course i coukd be worried about nothing... i hope so!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:28 pm

Yea no more this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miqBtyhYqw4 (go to 1:55 if you are in a hurry)
    or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LILwbhy0Y5s
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:28 pm

They need to leave invasions alone. But the white summon signs need a demon souls makeover, summoning there was a breeze. Whatever they did different they should change. But the idea that invading, i could invade a lvl700 as a lvl 1. Thats all good and fine. Risks/reward ratio. I can't wait to get this dlc regardless though.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:19 am

It apparently releases october the 25th which sucks I wanted a sooner release date oh well I at least now know how to get artorias armour and ciarians armour. And artorias abyssword has a beast moveset.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:36 am

That's more of an acceptable release. I wish it was way sooner, but I can deal with that since from now it's only a little over a month...Wait no two, since its late october.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:54 am

It makes me sad that namco has catered to a pc port which is a horrible excuse for a port itself rather than prioritising console versions of dark souls they prioritised somethinng they had no experience with the pc deserves a better port.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:55 am

I think they shouldn't have prioritized one over the other. But I do sort of see the idea, they are new to the PC so they really wanted to make sure they didn't *** up the PC version and disappoint people there. I just think they should have released both at the same time, and pushed back the PC release.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:00 am

Oh well looks like namco could release the dlc now but they wont.
    Sun Bruh
    Sun Bruh

Post by Sun Bruh Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:00 am

Kiva the wanderer wrote:Oh well looks like namco could release the dlc now but they wont.

I believe they're still figuring out how to manage compatibility between people who have the DLC and people who don't. There's a lot of big things to take into consideration with that.

Not only that, but it's clear that they're planning on releasing a GOTY edition on consoles and bundling the DLC with it, and October is a much better time for that.

Third point, making it a temporary PC exclusive has essentially doubled their sales, because now all the hardcore fans are buying it on PC and then later again on consoles. They basically figured out how to sucker a bunch of people into buying the same game twice, which is pretty smart.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:50 pm

You say smart, i say greedy. Even if they do release a GOTY edition theres no way i would pay for it, honestly the DLC should be 10$. You can't call something new content when its been out for 4months. I love this game, and want to support them so they make more souls games. However i will not support them if this is the way they will be conducting business.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Greed is smart is the thing.

But there's also stupid greed. It's keeping the smart greed constant and the stupid greed out that makes companies stay on top.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:36 pm

DLC is digital , meaning there is no guarantee that I can still play it 5 or 10 years ahead for nostalgia.

Digital downloads suck , when HDD dies and the current PS3/ Xbox360 server isn't online anymore in the future ...

your file is gone ,

that won't happen with full/goty editions
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:45 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:DLC is digital , meaning there is no guarantee that I can still play it 5 or 10 years ahead for nostalgia.

Digital downloads suck , when HDD dies and the current PS3/ Xbox360 server isn't online anymore in the future ...

your file is gone ,

ia a 5 or 10 years a new souls game will be out.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:DLC is digital , meaning there is no guarantee that I can still play it 5 or 10 years ahead for nostalgia.

your file is gone ,

SO what ?

does that mean I shouldn't be able to replay my older beloved games?

you are just making a stupid remark
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:16 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:

your file is gone ,

SO what ?

does that mean I shouldn't be able to replay my older beloved games?

Hard rive data transfers exist you know

you are just making a stupid remark

Calm down.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Guys, let's just talk with civility.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:04 pm