Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
RANT
GkMrBane
Spurgun
dancash1808
Hahalo
TehInfamousAmos
cloudyeki
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Forum Pirate
DamageCK
Yarxov
BLA1NE
User
BindMind
Ecko
20 posters

Armor. What's the point?

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Armor. What's the point? - Page 4 Empty Re: Armor. What's the point?

Post by User Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:54 pm

🤡
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Was i right? Tell me.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:59 pm

🤡
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:59 pm

He never tells anyone anything.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:01 pm

I say something every day, and I tell something every day. For example, you have too many emots in ya signature. The maximum is 7.

Last edited by Acidic_Cook on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:03 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    the atrong attack is needed to have the same reach as the g halberd. Nearly same time, and the g halberd dead angles. With the g halberd, just swing if you're going to hit. You dont wiff if it gets blocked or if you hit them. And it has such huge reach, they cant roll and hit me if they dodge it. And it can punish bs fishers hard with the 2h r2 attack.

Really? Just curious have you tried using a +5 lighting pike 2h yet?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:39 pm

the shield I see fitting with a demoney kinda theme is the spiked one from the thorns set.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:I say something every day, and I tell something every day. For example, you have too many emots in ya signature. The maximum is 7.

Is that another rule you just made?
    Ecko
    Ecko
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ecko Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:49 am

Todaay I switched out the wanderer's leggings for the knight leggings. Still light enough to stay under 25% but with 10 more defense (And not even fully upgraded yet) and 12 poise. I think I'll give up my hornets ring and switch it for the wolf. 52 poise should be good for taking some hits I feel like. (EDIT: I forgot to mention the best part. Those two leggings look almost identical so my character still looks like a badass)

Also, I know I've only been a member of this forum for a couple days so I just want to say something real quick. I probably sound a bit like a noob to some of you because, to be honest, I sort of am a noob when it comes to PVP. I never got really into the PVP until recently so I'm still trying to get around all the little kinks, but for PVE I am very good. Not "naked level 1 run through NG+" good, but I don't think I have anything to be ashamed of. ;D

Last edited by Ecko on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    BindMind
    BindMind
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BindMind Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:51 am

Ecko wrote:Todaay I switched out the wanderer's leggings for the knight leggings. Still light enough to stay under 25% but with 10 more defense (And not even fully upgraded yet) and 12 poise. I think I'll give up my hornets ring and switch it for the wolf. 52 poise should be good for taking some hits I feel like.

Also, I know I've only been a member of this forum for a couple days so I just want to say something real quick. I probably sound a bit like a noob to some of you because, to be honest, I sort of am a noob when it comes to PVP. I never got really into the PVP until recently so I'm still trying to get around all the little kinks, but for PVE I am very good. Not "naked level 1 run through NG+" good, but I don't think I have anything to be ashamed of. ;D

It's okay. We enjoy a good discussion where we explain to you that you're horribly, HORRIBLY wrong :face:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:03 am

Ecko wrote:Todaay I switched out the wanderer's leggings for the knight leggings. Still light enough to stay under 25% but with 10 more defense (And not even fully upgraded yet) and 12 poise. I think I'll give up my hornets ring and switch it for the wolf. 52 poise should be good for taking some hits I feel like. (EDIT: I forgot to mention the best part. Those two leggings look almost identical so my character still looks like a badass)

Have you tried the Hollow Warrior Waistcloth? 7 points on Poise for EXTREMELY low weight. It would probably allow you to add on more poise elsewhere.
    Ecko
    Ecko
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ecko Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:23 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Have you tried the Hollow Warrior Waistcloth? 7 points on Poise for EXTREMELY low weight. It would probably allow you to add on more poise elsewhere.
    I've considered every piece of the hollow warriors set. But tbh, I think it looks way too ugly to ever wear. XD
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:26 am

Of course it's ugly (not one of my toons wears any of their stuff), but it sure is useful if you're up against a hard equip burden cut-off but you still need that boost in poise. I imagine I'll end up using it on a future build, though I'm pretty much an exclusively light armor wearer, all my poise only comes courtesy of the Wolf Ring. silly
    BindMind
    BindMind
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BindMind Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:37 am

It makes a nice loincloth... big grin
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:38 am

and I should correct myself, it's the SOLDIER'S leggings that give poise not the Warrior's ones.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:52 am

They both do. Warrior is 5 poise for 1.4 weight, Soldier is 7 for 1.5.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:11 am

Hahalo wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    the atrong attack is needed to have the same reach as the g halberd. Nearly same time, and the g halberd dead angles. With the g halberd, just swing if you're going to hit. You dont wiff if it gets blocked or if you hit them. And it has such huge reach, they cant roll and hit me if they dodge it. And it can punish bs fishers hard with the 2h r2 attack.

Really? Just curious have you tried using a +5 lighting pike 2h yet?
    Nope, but I've hit a guy who tried to trade blows and he didn't even reach me. The halberd has HUGE reach. The grip switches mid-swing in order to go far. I'd say some halberds have a close reach to the DSS. Though, I've wanted to test reach and see what halberds hit farther.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 am

I hate halberds., at least last I tried. Funny considering I love the dgm and its both slower and shorter.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:34 am

Hahaha! Halberds DO require a unique taste. They're fast and yet slow. It takes a lot of practice like the DGM. but, seriously, if you ONLY swing when you know you're going to either get blocked or you're going to hit, it swings SO fast and it does so much base damage, and it has so much reach. It's amazing. The miss is just punishing. But that's why I have pyromancy. If I'm not confident in my swing, my fire will always be there big grin
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:40 am

I do to much swing baiting for that. I'm not reactive, I force a respone I want with aggression and high damage, then kill them while they're open.
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:46 am

I see, here some information about pike for your consideration.

1) 2H+R1 quick jab with reach, and fast recovery. Before the recovery animation finish, you're already rolling away (or in for a BS). Making it one of the difficult weapon to be BS.
    2) Decent damage, 220-300 per hit, is quite good to chip away opponent health. It's works very well for an instant kill with higher damage weapon combo, once you chip away 10-30% of the opponent HP. Vice Versa.
    3) The Roll+R1 attack is quick attack, good reach, and put you out of harms way. Very efficient counter to a Roll BS or Dash Attack. Allowing you to punish you opponent on every miss.
    4) At near max range, it can't be parried, and yet your opponent keep getting poke.
    5) It's a great fisher weapon too.

These are just some examples applicable against really good opponents. I'm ignoring the average players as those you don't really have to consider all these factors.

Anyway never depends solely on one weapon. I always combine my Pike and Zwei, as both weapon have different usage on different times, depending on the opponents, and my strategy that I wish to play.

Oh my, we are getting way out of topic..
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:08 am

Spurgun wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:
    DamageCK wrote:I like the pyro set also. Depends on tour weapon/shield combo also. I just think the light sets are generally cooler looking.

That might be because we’re used to see the heavy armor flip around. If all heavy armor users didn’t use the flip ring they would be a lot cooler IMO.
    I think you're right. Who here thought that the Havel's set looked freaking awesome until you saw that everyone else used it? And they were flipping with it...

Yes. If havels and the rest of the heavy armor were fat rolling then they would be a lot cooler.

I have a toon that does the medium roll in full Havel and I do alright, (40/60 maybe). I would never use the flip ring on a heavy armor build. I would quite literally be embarrassed.

I actually don't use the DWGR on any build anymore, (LOVE hitting 53 with the Wolf ring + one poise piece and still fast rolling).
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:27 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I do to much swing baiting for that. I'm not reactive, I force a respone I want with aggression and high damage, then kill them while they're open.
    I do the same. You just have to hit. The rolling r1 is a very wide swing with a very long range. It almost never misses unless they know you're going to do it. So, don't spam it, but that's a good one, as well as hitting their shield over and over. It simply means you should try to hit them instead of just swinging wildly, which I doubt you do since if you did, you'd just get roll bsed.

@Hahalo The g.halberd is probably just as fast if i hit, and it has longer reach, and it does more damage as a fire +10. And the halberd's roll bs is extremely useful as it's an extreme arc, which makes unlocking, rolling, then swinging backwards very useful against turtlers.

I'm not trying to say that the g. halberd is the best weapon in the world, but it's simply under appreciated. The pike has it's uses, but it can't replace a g. halberd. A pike is a pike, and a g. halberd is a g. halberd. Plus, I have no shield. Any spear but the DSS would mean death. The g. halberd gives me, I believe, just as much reach as the DSS, which is what I need.
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:46 am

No worries mate, just sharing some feedback ^.^

One of the reason I like Dark Souls so much is because there is no "Absolute" weapon.. is about how experience the User is and how comfortable his using the weapon of choice. I'm sure your doing great with G. Halberd.

I choose Pike over DSS and Demon Spear because of the damage factor instead of reach. I choose Pike over G Halberd it's because I get to cover my *** from roll bs And allow me to roll in for a quick BS when opponent believing i'm stuck in an recovery animation.

PS: I kept reading DSS as Dark Silver Shield from Demon Souls LOL
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:13 am

Yeah that G Halbred is great, until you face my BK Halbred big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:54 pm