Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Tolvo
reim0027
Ciledaknuf
Uparkaam
WyrmHero
WarriorOfBenOwnage
nsane32
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ghadis_God
Palarax
whitechikz11
footsied
Motopsycho
FinPeku
Knight N. Allant
Bamjam
DarkW17
ViralEnsign_
EmoElmos
SunlightCrusader
befowler
N_Raist
Shkar
FattyOfDoom
Spurgun
TehInfamousAmos
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Brokewilly
Quarik
dancash1808
cloudyeki
36 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 39 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by dancash1808 Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:26 pm

He said he watched until you popped a DB if I remember rightly... depends whether you consider that watching or not. regardless
    *offers chill pills around*
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:29 pm

Umm just read the 1st page 8th post were he says he didn't watch it?

I don't disagree with you that the point of the forum is to have open discussion good or bad....but someone arguing about material they didn't view and basing assumption of me from that is uncalled for and rude!!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:31 pm

DarkW17 wrote:
    Brokewilly wrote:
    DarkW17 wrote:Well heres my video as promised. The toon I am using is actually my Burg host, its kind of a Leo ring build 54 vit 10 att 58 end 16 str 40 dex, I dont use FAP or DWGR so i can use any 2 rings I want.

EDIT other people in the pvp section have a problem with the 2nd part of the video....if your closed minded and dont wanna see me stalk gankers and mess with them just stop watching when I am a dragon please....I dont want to cause a fight in this thread!!!

@Dark - don't let these fools discourage you.Your control of the Circle of Death (that's what I call the area in front of Alvina) is excellent Prostration . You are doing what you have to do to survive. Keep making the vids and I will keep watching - you have a sub.

Once question though are you getting good a AR bonus from the Leo ring when you use your Chaos Claymore? I'm about to give my chaos pike a whirl with the leo ring to see how it performs. I would also recommend you make some crystal weapons (take the weapon to +4) and use it with the Leo - my testing is showing crazy damage even without the leo.I have played around with the a crystal BSS+4 and pike +4 (I have a whole rack of 'em) and it is well worth the expenditure of titanite chunks.

Keep taking it to 'em.

Thanks Broke much appreciated man!!

ya the chaos claymore with leo hits like a tank dude...the only thing is its a tad slow and the BSS almost does as much....and the BSS seems to land more so IMO its still the better choice.

Ya dude the crystal weapons hit hard i have a crystal BSS and love it...with my dragon i did a rtsr /roar/ leo counter for 1150 dmg lol!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:31 pm

dancash1808 wrote:He said he watched until you popped a DB if I remember rightly... depends whether you consider that watching or not. regardless
    *offers chill pills around*

Ya which was 15 seconds into the video.......mmmm that chill pill takes great thanks dude it was much needed big grin

Boy oh boy I won't post a video like that again fml!!!!!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Well just realize who your audience is, that's the most important thing. If I had a mainly christian audience I probably wouldn't post a video about the big bang theory. Not that it's wrong to do, or should be offensive to them. It's just the wrong audience. Usually its best to go with what people request if you want to play it extra safe.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:37 pm

@Dark - don't sweat it bro.You know the forest has a special place in all of our hearts - we all love the unpredictability and chaos.Only the very few can really enjoy hosting alone without hugging the stairs like its our mamma. When I see host standing in the circle alone I know they are confident in their ability to deal with about any situation.

Nuff respect to all hosts who can face down the bang in the circle with a big ole smile on their face Prostration .
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well just realize who your audience is, that's the most important thing. If I had a mainly christian audience I probably wouldn't post a video about the big bang theory. Not that it's wrong to do, or should be offensive to them. It's just the wrong audience. Usually its best to go with what people request if you want to play it extra safe.

Ya it was stupid of me to think people on this forum would have an open mind and just laugh...just beacuse I thought it was funny doesn't mean others will!!

Your point is taken and understood and I hope you have no ill feeling towards me... I think ill just post my vids to youtube from now on and just skip the forum!!!

The vid was for broke I should have just posted it here I truely didn't think it would turn into such a fiasco!!!
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:42 pm

Well I cant stand up there with a big smile on my face. no headgear has that capacity
    Spoiler:
    but it is very fun big grin

and yeah dark usually stuff is fine I know I dont have any ill feeling towards you. its just a pity the thread kinda. I dont know it didnt really explode. it more smouldered very slowly with lots of acrid smoke xD
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:46 pm

Haha, Dark - dw. That is one reason why I don't tend to post my vids on the forum: Hate wars may occur. I would rather direct people to my channel via the forum and let them make the informed decision whether to hate, stay neutral or subscribe silly

That way the hate tends to stick to the channel rather than the forum cheers
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 pm

Brokewilly wrote:@Dark - don't sweat it bro.You know the forest has a special place in all of our hearts - we all love the unpredictability and chaos.Only the very few can really enjoy hosting alone without hugging the stairs like its our mamma. When I see host standing in the circle alone I know they are confident in their ability to deal with about any situation.

Nuff respect to all hosts who can face down the bang in the circle with a big ole smile on their face Prostration .

Thanks bro that's great apprecited man!!!

I am always holding down the circle of death whether it be against 1 or 3...I take my licks like a man and deal them out the same way...on this particular day I just decided to have some fun and get some revenge on all the hunters who were just out to lag stab and gank me....I just went about it in a different way to mess with them!!!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:52 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Haha, Dark - dw. That is one reason why I don't tend to post my vids on the forum: Hate wars may occur. I would rather direct people to my channel via the forum and let them make the informed decision whether to hate, stay neutral or subscribe silly

Hahahaha I think I learned my lesson about that today my friend...looking back I realize now it was a fn stupid idea....one that I won't make again...no one is peefect and mistakes happen....I know I am not perfect but I don't make the same mistake twice Bow
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:15 pm

DarkW17 wrote:
    TehInfamousAmos wrote:Haha, Dark - dw. That is one reason why I don't tend to post my vids on the forum: Hate wars may occur. I would rather direct people to my channel via the forum and let them make the informed decision whether to hate, stay neutral or subscribe silly

Hahahaha I think I learned my lesson about that today my friend...looking back I realize now it was a fn stupid idea....one that I won't make again...no one is peefect and mistakes happen....I know I am not perfect but I don't make the same mistake twice Bow

That is one of the reason's why I only recently started to allow comments on my vids (Dancash talked me into it happy )- I didn't really feel like dealing with crazy comments. So far I have not received any off-the-wall comments - just questions. It's amazing how people can look at the same vid and see things so differently or just miss out on a detail.

@Dark and Infamous - keep the vids coming sirs.I get so many new ideas when I see other players attack the game.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Got a new vid coming up soon, me solo hosting in the forest as SL99
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:23 pm

at Christmas I should have some recording equipment and I can show every one how to crush gankers with a BKS twisted
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Killing them with a Longsword is more fun if you ask me.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:24 pm

I love the longsword Max!
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:27 pm

yea but I just love my BKS its either that or a Katana
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Ugh, katanas... I am such a hypocrite considering my first video is of me using a SLB WP xD
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:30 pm

dont like the WP only use my laito
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah, I'm firmly anti-katana, I don't use them on any toons haha.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:49 pm

I just like the move set laito other than that for dex build I stick to rapiers and the BSS
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm

*Sigh. The forest is so misunderstood. People keep attributing dueling honor codes to the fights in the forest. That is so not the case. In fact, if honorable duels were the norm in the Forest, I probably wouldn't go.

Hunters are considered gankers too. While we do gang up on hosts, it is the host who is the ganker (99.9% of the time). The difference is this. They are waiting with 1 or 2 phantoms when you invade. Ready to gang up on you. When we invade, it is often 2 or 3 vs 1 from the start.

There is nothing cheap in the Forest. It is war. If someone spams healing items, great. If they WoG spam, that's fine. If they run, turtle, hide behind enemies, jump you at the start, also fine.

Here's my take on the forest. This is war people. I get jumped, I figure out a way to beat the jumper. They win again, I failed, gotta dig deeper to ID their weakness. It is awesome when I see another hunter invading - "backups have arrived!" When a red invades - who's side will he be on? Will he switch sides? Even more suspense. This isn't a precision-based PvP. It is intuition and improvisation based.

I love the feeling of overcoming the odds and killing the host (who is in a FAR better PvP position than I am). I love seeing reinforcements coming to help. I love to see my Mura do over 2K on a BS. Hell, I love to see them do a taunting gesture when they win (knowing I will beat them and bow after the fight). It makes me laugh actually. Again, this is WAR (*insert Gerard Butler's roar)!

tl;dr - adrenaline, chaos, all's fair, WAR (SPARTA), pwnage, and smile.

That is all. Proper Bow

Last edited by reim0027 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Doesn't mean you have to stoop to their level, gives you a fun challenge to limit yourself against them.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Excuse me while I outhipster you all in your weapon discussion.
    this evening I went on a quick invading winstreak running priscilla's dagger and the giant blacksmith hammer winking

as for what reim said. I am generally less friendly in the forest but if someone is waiting up on the hill solo and bows I'm gona treat it as a duel.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:39 pm

Dan, I play with basically every weapon in the game, you'll never out hipster me. silly

One of my favorite weapons in the game is the Mace.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:42 pm