Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
SATLOS
LordRevan
Federally
7 posters

Port Forwarding for Dark Souls

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Port Forwarding for Dark Souls - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Forwarding for Dark Souls

Post by Federally Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:49 am

Yes
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Port Forwarding for Dark Souls - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Forwarding for Dark Souls

Post by LordRevan Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:59 am

Well you seem to have tried all that I can think of really...

Just try again to set DHCP back up, disable your port forwarding. Enable UPnP on the router and check to make sure its not disabled on your PS3. Encase because of the firmware or something makes it work now.

Sorry that I can't be of more help. Giving tech help is a lot harder without actually being there etc, especially since I have a Xbox not PS3.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:01 am

Well thanks for trying anyway
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi man... I hope this can help you out.
    First one question: do you have another modem besides your linksys router? Like the modem the ISP sets up in your place?
    Second question: Is this cable or DSL?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:41 am

Doelker wrote:Hi man... I hope this can help you out.
    First one question: do you have another modem besides your linksys router? Like the modem the ISP sets up in your place?
    Second question: Is this cable or DSL?

It's DSL, and yes there is my modem > router > Ps3
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:37 am

Ok, here is the deal, some ISP define the NAT since its origin. I had a lot of issues with my cable modem and my xbox. My NAT was always moderate.
    What has worked to me is using Upnp instead of port forwarding. As well the connection between your modem and router has to be properly bridged, that is, all the dhcp functions and lan functions are managed in your router.
    I disabled all firewall settings. Enabled Upnp and set the range in my dhcp settings to only five IP's or connections allowed.
    I did set an IP manually in my lap, xbox, and ps3 so they never change or the dhcp assign another IP.
    Upnp has a delay. It doesn't come up right away, so, when you assign the ip's manually it knows that all the devices should work with the plug and play function.
    It should work that way and if sometimes it goes bqck to moderate or strict, then you just have to do a complete power cycle, nothing more.

I hope I made myself clear and thay it does help you to fix your Nat issue.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:53 am

He's already tried all of that so I doubt it.

Also if you are using manual/static IP's then DHCP settings won't change anything as you are not using them.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:07 am

If you manually assign the IP's don't forget to set the subnet mas and the Default gateway, for example:
    Ip: 192.168.1.2 ----- PS3 IP
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 ------- Most common to use
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1------ Router's IP

For the DNS you can set up your ISP dns servers or let them to be assigned automatically. If you want to know the dns servers from your ISP you can surely google them.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 am

LordRevan wrote:He's already tried all of that so I doubt it.

Also if you are using manual/static IP's then DHCP settings won't change anything as you are not using them.

My bad then. I was just trying to help.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 am

Or just be lazy to test if it works and use Google's DNS Servers of
    8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 lol So easy to remember.

LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:11 am

Doelker wrote:
    LordRevan wrote:He's already tried all of that so I doubt it.

My bad then. I was just trying to help.

Doble Post! twisted

Nah, no problem man. Extra help always good happy

Especially what you said about power cycling. My old router switched back to moderate all the time and I just had to reset it all to get it back to OPEN.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:01 pm

Doelker wrote:If you manually assign the IP's don't forget to set the subnet mas and the Default gateway, for example:
    Ip: 192.168.1.2 ----- PS3 IP
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 ------- Most common to use
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1------ Router's IP

For the DNS you can set up your ISP dns servers or let them to be assigned automatically. If you want to know the dns servers from your ISP you can surely google them.

Yeah I got that. I never had a problem with my settings not allowing me to connect, just with them not affecting my Nat
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:59 pm

As I just got over this issue with a new modem from me ISP I know it can be sooo annoying!

Changing anything on a router is useless if it has a modem to go through the modem needs to be the deviced managed as its the connection for the ports to the outside world...if the router is behind it all its doing is giving IP's!

I think the problem is sometimes the ISP makes the modems with certain restricted ports so that even if you forward all the ports it doesn't actually change certain ports and if the PS3 needs 1 of those ports your beat!

My modem was a gigaset and it was a pile of garabage...I did all that Fed has done and more with no change to the NAT being 3 and upnp being disabled....even tho on the modem it was enabled....I requested a new modem and plugged it in didn't touch a setting and bang NAT2!

Bottom line some modems just don't like online ganmes!!

LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:18 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Changing anything on a router is useless if it has a modem to go through the modem needs to be the deviced managed as its the connection for the ports to the outside world...if the router is behind it all its doing is giving IP's!

Not true.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:25 pm

How so? Maybe a better explain would help if you disagree!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Lol maybe the better statement was they would both have to be managed...point I was getting at is if you port forward a router and not a modem(the device that data leaves your house and goes to the internet on) you are not going to have much luck!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:48 am