Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
RagingDragon_69
Reaperfan
Forum Pirate
roanispe
User
Tolvo
DamageCK
DoughGuy
La0bouchere
Carphil
Fotitudo
Extertionist
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
reim0027
callipygias
cloudyeki
RANT
Dark Souls PRO
billy_bayonet
TehInfamousAmos
FruitPunchNinja
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
Serious_Much
mrbeckham87
29 posters

why do people get so mad?

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

why do people get so mad? - Page 5 Empty Re: why do people get so mad?

Post by User Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:59 pm

The petition is set. Congrats Roan. On General Discussion.

Damn you and your lack and many comic strips, give me more or less!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:00 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Thats actually surprising you could do that. Still it wouldnt be possible to have that along with 12 casts of wrath ext. like most of them have at the moment.
    http://tinyurl.com/7khaqhx

Lower damage but better range and wrath.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Hornet ring and DWGR shouldn't be in the game. silly

I love the way people don't complain much about hornet ring when it's a way of devoting your playstyle to abusing a broken PvP mechanic..

See i dont think its a broken mechanic, its just being abused, if i invade a 3v1 gank and they keep flasking i will whack on the hornet ring and remove both phantoms before hitting the host with lloyds talisman and terroising him for about 10 mins until i get bored or he Dc's
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:42 pm

Well it's not broken in itself, it works perfectly fine in PvE. It's just in PvP it completely falls apart due to lag and douches who develop special BS techniques to score on the lag even more (like you need any to score a lagstab lol, it's so easy)

If a guy teleporting you back to where you were 5 seconds ago for a instakill BS isn't a broken mechanic, I really dunno what is :|
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Yeah, I especially love the ones where I'm behind the opponent but I freeze in place while he thrusts his sword into the empty air in front of him and I fall over onto his *** having taken bs damage.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:49 pm

so you just prooved my point, its being abused its not broken
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Just because something is abused doesn't mean it's not broken, it's both frankly. It both doesn't work properly and is then the BS mechanic is abused because it is broken, making for an easier kill.

You can't say it's not broken when you get teleport BS'd. They should be behind me to BS me and most of the time they aren't, hence why it's broken
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Thats lag though, its not like it was designed to do that, ever been stunlocked from across the room i have you cant hate on BS when Lag is the thing causing it?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Just because something is abused doesn't mean it's not broken, it's both frankly. It both doesn't work properly and is then the BS mechanic is abused because it is broken, making for an easier kill.

You can't say it's not broken when you get teleport BS'd. They should be behind me to BS me and most of the time they aren't, hence why it's broken
    Behind you, or understandably, due to lag... VERY CLOSE TO BEHIND YOU. Your side does not count... I just mean, I'd understand being backstabed from 2 rapiers away, but when I'm 5 ninja-flips away, it annoys me.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Just because something is abused doesn't mean it's not broken, it's both frankly. It both doesn't work properly and is then the BS mechanic is abused because it is broken, making for an easier kill.

Behind you, or understandably, due to lag... VERY CLOSE TO BEHIND YOU. Your side does not count... I just mean, I'd understand being backstabed from 2 rapiers away, but when I'm 5 ninja-flips away, it annoys me.

Hate that... I also hate getting backstabbed when FACING them. Teleporting... ugh.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:29 pm

i hate being called a lagstabber, when on my screen theyve swung and left them selves open and ive gone for the punish
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:30 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:i hate being called a lagstabber, when on my screen theyve swung and left them selves open and ive gone for the punish
    I love when I backstab gankers to death, and they whine that I'm lagstabbing them.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Point is though billy, the purpose of BS is to punish massive errors or carelessness. Lag causes this part of BS to be almost completely removed and therefore, as it does not work as intended, is broken.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:32 pm

I can understand your viewpoint but the problem is lag, on my screen its been a normal BS punish how am i to be blamed for your dodgy internet connection?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Thing is, if they can abuse of a broken PVP mechanic, why can't we? If they are ganking, I will be as cheap as possible to defeat them. Wanna proove that they're not the only ones who can abuse of something winking

Lag is horrible I agree, but if they use lag to defeat us, I will buy the most horrible connection avaible to defeat them as well
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Aye i dont get annoyed when i get lagstabbed, unless it comes out of the blue, like i watch the feet of my oponent to gauge the amount of lag and if out of knowwhere then yes it is annoying, but crying lagstab or OP or Broken wont help, if anything it will cause us here to have an arguemtn, i understand your view and i did share it once but after realising you cant help lag and what i see on my screen being different to what they see well what can you do, the only thing broken is the P2P system but even then if they had dedicated servers i wouldnt be able to connect with 98% of you on here. Sorry for long post but yeah
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:01 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote: I am very curious as to what the creator of dark souls opinions are on these balancing/item/weapon "problems" a majority of the community complain about. I would love to see a video where he commentates while invading the kiln, hearing his reaction to getting ganked by 3 giants+moms with BKGAs and MLGSs would make my day.
    What if Miyazaki secretly runs around in the forest all day with a rainbow squad of MoM/Giants wearing phantoms chain bs'ing and WoG spamming all the invaders?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:15 pm

ithunktwice wrote:
    FruitPunchNinja wrote: I am very curious as to what the creator of dark souls opinions are on these balancing/item/weapon "problems" a majority of the community complain about. I would love to see a video where he commentates while invading the kiln, hearing his reaction to getting ganked by 3 giants+moms with BKGAs and MLGSs would make my day.
    What if Miyazaki secretly runs around in the forest all day with a rainbow squad of MoM/Giants wearing phantoms chain bs'ing and WoG spamming all the invaders?

I wouldn't be surprised, the guy is a massive troll silly

Billy, the short of it is, it's broken because on the recipient's screen, he unjustly gets killed a load of his health for something that shouldn't have gotten him. Dedicated servers ain't the way to go for me, either reduce the window of BS so it's much smaller and difficult to execute so it makes it so it HAS to be a punish for something leaving you massively open, or simply remove it completely.

It's just the fact that the BS mechanic needs to have something to account for lag to fix it, otherwise everyone's gonna continue side Lagstabbing eachother from 10 feet away all day and night.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:19 pm

im all for making the hit box smaller, my argument is Lag is causing this and there is nothing we can do to stop lag
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:24 pm

It is a punish. Unless someone makes a mistake, it straight doesn't work. As a punish to a mistake, it is easy to do because it relies on the reciever making a mistake.

Your problem is with lag, why are you taking it out on game mechanics? Its really not hard to stop most of the time.

Light can only move so fast. This isn't a problem that can be fixed without servers. If its not bsing its wog, if its not wog its thrust attacks, if its not thrust attacks its parries.

Lag will always affect on line games.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:28 pm

The problem is not just lag, its how large the hibox is, giving around 120 degrees to area in which a BS can occur. If you dropped this to a 20-40 degree area (on the higher end) then BSing would actually be a punish, and not something people can abuse to get a quick BS by circling someone and attacking just on the side of them.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:40 pm

DoughGuy wrote:The problem is not just lag, its how large the hibox is, giving around 120 degrees to area in which a BS can occur. If you dropped this to a 20-40 degree area (on the higher end) then BSing would actually be a punish, and not something people can abuse to get a quick BS by circling someone and attacking just on the side of them.

This, just perfect.

Point is, BS as it is is not a punish, I can just run round someone, whack R1 and suddenly my opponent has half of his health gone and is on the floor, after he did nothing wrong because I teleported behind him on his screen.

With a smaller hitbox, at least this ability would be much less easy to execute, especially when your character is running quickly, or coming out of a roll or however you do your lagstab, it wouldn't work as being able to just pull out a BS from nowhere due to you needing to really work on getting that angle.

You say thrust attacks are also bad and parries too, but they're nowhere near as bad. Parries are mostly either luck from blind parry, or from an R1 spammer who is asking for it. Like every attack, thrusts are perfectly dodgable, especially going sideways.. BS is just made FAR worse by lag than any other component, hence why it needs changing.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:17 pm

I'd argue that fifty percent of the reason spears are so effective is lag. You can't just strafe it. And that's because the dude already popped you before you could walk out of the hitbox on your screen. The other half is reach.

And honestly, I'd be pretty pissed if they got rid of BS or did the whole "shield on your back negates damage" thing. What the hell else are you supposed to do against people who stack poise and two hand GSes, assuming they're not the type of newb who's going to keep swinging into a shield? I don't know about you, but considering how often I run into that build, I don't feel like relying solely on blind parries, or having to make a mimic build to have a stunlock comp.

However, I'm all for a small BS box.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:23 pm

+1 damage happy the Bs itself can be abused through lag or just general fishing, the mechanic itself isnt broken but how its used is
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:36 pm

You say teleported like they magically blink behind you from 40 feet away. I seriously doubt thats the case with all but the most extreme lag. The signs of a bs attempt are always there. Circling ,pivot, or roll bsing only work as a punishment, wether to action or inaction. If you try a running or rolling attack and I see it coming, you're being bsd because you were predictable, if I bs you by circling, its a punishment to you attacking without the proper spacing or just standing there, if I roll bs every attack you throw, its a punishment to your miss and failure to anticipate my actions.

Its always a punishment. It doesn't work the vast majority of the time, unless you screw up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:50 pm