Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
SunlightCrusader
KomradDakka
Tolvo
swordiris
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Serious_Much
Yukon
Forum Pirate
skarekrow13
dancash1808
DoughGuy
ZikoLogiKa NL
16 posters

Creation or Darwinism ?

Poll

Do you believe in Creation or Evolution

[ 3 ]
    Creation or Darwinism ? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Creation or Darwinism ? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Creation or Darwinism ? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap80%Creation or Darwinism ? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [80%] 

Total Votes: 15
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Creation or Darwinism ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Creation or Darwinism ?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:29 pm

I demand a Pastafarianism option!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:30 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I demand a Pastafarianism option!

I agree with this! (though pastafarianism believes in creationism silly )
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:32 pm

I love talking about this kind of thing personally I think the "no talking about religion or politics" thing is a copout since they are two of the most intelligent topics you can talk about.

Personally I believe in Evolution guided by God.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    I also seem to remember Fex saying devoted discussions to religion are kinda sensitive topics that are prone to locking/deletion.

Yeah... and that may happen however this forum is pretty level headed by and large and its nice to actually be able to discuss such things on the internet without (FLAMING FLAMING EVERYWHERE!) so yeah. I adopted an enjoy it while it lasts attitude to the thread silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:53 pm

swordiris wrote:
    Personally I believe in Evolution guided by God.

Yeah, something like that
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Just remember when expressing your beliefs, intelligent design is a no no. Theistic evolution, perfectly fine. ID was just asserted into the realm of science where it didn't belong, so it's just a whole terminology issue. While most use it because its a simple way to state your belief, just don't fall for the evil ID.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Evolution. Im not a religious person by any means,.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:44 pm

oh god, rep giving for personal beliefs, the phantom repper is playing a tactical game :|
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:46 pm

haha It's that interesting nobody so far leans towards the creation theory.

Im not a religious person , I don't follow a religion , and I really hope I haven't offended anyone , I have read these types of discussions on other forums before so I thought it would be okay to post in off-topic.

It's kinda hard to explain things on paper so that they don't reach the reader in the wrong way :|
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Creationism isn't as common of a belief these days, but there's nothing wrong with it. I'm an atheist, but hey people have their beliefs so it's all good.

If someone gets offended, just explain that you meant nothing and try to reach an understanding. These threads go sour on many forums, but we've handled these in the past so I think people can be civil.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Most dangerous and most interesting of the threads assume they dont degenerate.
    frankly I am surprised how prevalent the hybridized belief of evolution from a god initated standpoint is. not saying anything against it I just didnt think it was commonly held silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Look up a pie chart of the number of religious people in the world. I'm pretty sure it will look like pac man.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:02 pm

It's not commonly held I don't think, it's just something I decided for myself as I choose to have no denomination silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:05 pm

It's fairly commonly held actually, in certain countries. If I remember correctly, most of Europe is like that. While America is more so a Versus stand point, with people saying one or the other.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:13 pm

I didnt think id get up-repped for that. huh, of all things...
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Ugh repping comments in here seems like a way to incite disagreement. I agree with you not being the religious type myself but Up repping implies it is somehow better than other peoples views. which I do not want to do since it is a bad road xD
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Anyway. I'd go with evolution followed up with indeterminate starting point...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Yeah, rep really shouldn't be brought up in a religious discussion in regards to sides. But, it's in the off topic anyway.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:35 pm

In addendum to my previous post on Creationism/Evolution, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of higher intelligent species, just not man's perception of a "god figure".But hey, thats just an opinion.

I really enjoy threads like these, and i wish i could see more like them around, I think were alll more than grown up enough to talk about such things, keeping "hush hush" about this taboo topics only keeps them taboo and not open to discussion.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:29 pm

I voted for evolution but I believe in a combination of both as Skare mentioned at the beginning. I believe in evolution but I also believe there is a higher power that put events into motion.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:27 pm

I have come back after a long trek of work... now I think it is time to talk here.

Man is associated with two primary things in our culture, which is birth from an ape (scientific perspective), as well as creation from a greater being (a religious perspective, and even at times scientific). However the past is ever so clouded and will never, ever have all of the facts of events checked with what we have, and probably for a good long time... Man speaks levels to itself.

Funny how man has some qualities similar to apes... However many mire different. Our bone structure of limbs is off, with legs bring majority wise superior to arms in many ways. We have webbing between our finger and toes, our skin is smooth and hair absent, climate wise we are similar to swine, our species is ever so wharves and splintered in physical qualities compared to every living thing in this world, we have been known to be in almost every part of the world... We swim, a quality alien to primapes in many cases... We have hair instead of fur, being less thick and easy adaptable to aquatic environments... Our bodies can easily be adapted to swim... We can eat almost anything that we it our eyes on that is edible, and not set on one diet... Our form and essence are always different, and such qualities show more for Man than any other living thing in the world. We are...

Unique.

Such an aspect of Man at the present is always seen as a good start to see the beginning I think, as is anything else with a foggy past. I have seen thing I can not explain, as well as others, to an absolute fact... At times I see patterns or distortions that should not exist, and at times I have questioned if their is in fact an... Observer.

But I expect no extra treatment from this being... Like how an ant in an ant farm should expect no extra treatment from its holder. It is how it is, and if such a being exists it would be to name some ants and play with them at a daily basis. A child and his toys...

But the best factor of all is the mind sets of man. Man thinks that aliens or even god(s) created Tge pyramids and such, not having any belief of natural function and conditions/effects nor, in this case, potential of man and hardship. Interesting how man has not lookers at such wonders that we created that many have not accomplished, such as the ability to split atoms and create an explosion of great mass with highly damaging long term effects. It is sad, as it were... No other form of technology was like the Atomic Bomb, not even the Halifax Explosion they tried to replicate... It was at the time... Unique and Aweful... Just like the pyramids

Man has learned to adapt in every environment they put their mind into seeking to explore... Even space itself. Although man has never accomplished such things by 'natural' evolution, they did so with evolution nonetheless. Evolution of technology... Our technology.

We have seen countless times examples of animal evolution, even man. We have lost Tge need if organs and have created immunities to diseases that had existed before, and sometimes even those of the present (biology has a funny way of function in every aspect). Arises of new diseases, mutation of cells, adaption towards different conditions both minor and major... These examples exist today.

Do I believe in Evolution? Yes. Do I believe in creation? Yes. Do I believe in this world and it's chaotic (not random) functions of conditions and effects, and the potential of things of both greater and lesser magnitude in various different measurements? Yes.

Do I know the beginning of man? No. But do you know what I think of it as? Secondary. The begging of humanity does not matter, what matters now more is the path and possible extinction. No matter if we were created by something or came to be from time's sperm and earth's womb, we are nonetheless alive. I can debate as what this world is, but as every one is in this world, their purpose is one thing: Function.

And the functions I plan on seeing for humanity is mlboth of evolution and creation, I assure you.

As for my friend saying man is evolving down... That is not evolving as much as adaption to a product world where the conditions of the world are more... I don't know a proper word for it, but the many things in this world have lead to man being less active, and their forms being skewed by conditions and effects both of the past and present... mutations arise and cone to exist, and in a world where man has reached its highest magnitude of living individuals in humanity that continues to grow, things arise in both life and death that the past times would never see due to their being less.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:02 am

What about not knowing and being happy with that?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:07 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:What about not knowing and being happy with that?

Can't be happy with that. Nuh-uh.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:13 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:What about not knowing and being happy with that?

Because humans by nature are curious and want to know all the answers.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:23 am

We don't like not knowing, and we make up things to fill the gaps. That's what's science and early religious ideals are based off too. Science is just a bunch of probably false theories waiting to be proven wrong and many primitive religions with fire gods and the like gave meaning to things man could not understand.

It's because humanity is scared of the unknown. We crave security, and can only find it in what is familiar to us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:31 pm