Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
About8547Souls
Buggy Virus
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
JoeBroski09
ICEFANG
User
Pratix
12 posters

Who is Gwyn's first born? I think I know....

Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Who is Gwyn's first born? I think I know.... Empty Who is Gwyn's first born? I think I know....

Post by Pratix Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:38 am

I don't know if this has been an idea or not yet but, many of you guys believe that Gwyn's first born is Solaire. I may have gotten some proof that he isn't. Now be warned, this may have already been said, but I haven't seen it. Now for most covenants, if not all have a leader, right. So many people believe that Solaire is the Sun-Bros leader. But if I remember correctly, I killed him and then joined the Sun-Bros. Now if the leader is missing or dead, you can't join the covenant, take The Blade of the Darkmoon as an example or The Princesses Guard. So how come you can join The Sun-Bros? Because the leader is the alter. Now you may say that the Sunlight Medal are given by Solaire when he co-ops a boss with you. And the Medal says "The symbol represents Lord Gwyn's firstborn, who lost his deity stats and was expunged from the annals. But the old God of War still watches closely over his warriors." Meaning he must be the first born. Although when you are in the sun-bros and you help a host kill a boss you get a medal, regardless of the fact that Solaire is there or not. This must mean that the broken alter is Gwyn's first born. Anyway that's the end of that.

Who is Gwyn's first born? I think I know.... 2905764326 Sun Praise the Sun Who is Gwyn's first born? I think I know.... 2905764326 Sun Praise the Sun
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Who is Gwyn's first born? I think I know.... Empty Re: Who is Gwyn's first born? I think I know....

Post by User Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:50 am

Go to the archives for a few and check it out.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Who is Gwyn's first born? I think I know.... Empty Re: Who is Gwyn's first born? I think I know....

Post by ICEFANG Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:50 am

That is evidence that Soliare isn't the leader of Sunbros, but isn't evidence that he isn't Gwyn's firstborn. Even if the Sunlight Medal is related to his firstborn, it could just be related, just like how many of us made usermade covenants, Soliare may just really like the sun and convinced From his covenant idea was GROSSLY INCANDESCENT!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:53 am

Oh man. If one of our player made covenants become real in the next Souls game, that'd be freaking awesome. Too bad this forum isn't very well known sad
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:53 am

Haha, I spent like 10 minutes writing that.... 'twas a waste. Anyway, how did you get reputation? I have like 2 as many posts and four times as many points.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:56 am

I made hundreds of other accounts and buffed my own rep.

I have 2 thank you's for my knowledge of dragonbros, and 3 rep from good posts. I like to post things that are in great detail, well thought-out and I try to be helpful, since I am a teacher at heart.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:57 am

ICEFANG wrote:like how many of us made usermade covenants, Soliare may just really like the sun and convinced From his covenant idea was GROSSLY INCANDESCENT!
    'Cause he seems to be funny guy. See how he wrote this thing that made me laugh and almost give him an up-rep?
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:58 am

How do you give an up-rep?
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:59 am

Pratix wrote:How do you give an up-rep?

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t497-reputation-how-what-why
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:01 am

Ahh up repped you!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:54 am

Seriously we need a thread stickied in the archives showing why Solaire isnt the GoW.
    For future reference Pratix if you have any ideas like this put them in the archives section where Skare, Acidic or I will see it faster. You can also read some of the archives to see what ideas have been discussed.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:18 am

Isn't Solaire too obvious? The sunlight altar has Gwyn's robes by the way.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2473-the-god-of-war

8 pages of good theories.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:14 pm

I honestly see no reason as to why Solaire can't be the suns firstborn and there is no evidence against him besides his being "of Astora." But I still think it' unlikely.
    About8547Souls
    About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by About8547Souls Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:39 pm

The sunlight altar statue (or ruins of what was a statue) is holding what looks like a spear similar to Ornsteins.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:42 pm

One far fetched theory I have not yet seen brought up, which is also a tie-in to demon's souls, is that the God of War could be the Old Hero. He's got that sunbro-glo' as well as the only crystal weapon available in demon's souls. Fallen God in one world, Demon in another. His soul also makes the Second Chance miracle.
    Who is Gwyn's first born? I think I know.... Oldhero
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:I honestly see no reason as to why Solaire can't be the suns firstborn and there is no evidence against him besides his being "of Astora." But I still think it' unlikely.
    Theres plenty of evidence against him. The whole miracles thing, and the fact due to separate worlds he doesnt actually exist in your world, meaning he cant be the god of war.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:47 am

DoughGuy wrote:Seriously we need a thread stickied in the archives showing why Solaire isnt the GoW.
    For future reference Pratix if you have any ideas like this put them in the archives section where Skare, Acidic or I will see it faster. You can also read some of the archives to see what ideas have been discussed.

I feel so...mediocre...

Here I find evidence suggesting that literally the entire universe revolves around your character and time plays twister to work for you, and I don't even get named as a decent lore poster.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:50 am

Sorry Shkar, but you havent been online enough recently! My memory only includes people Ive seen online in the last 6 hours.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:04 am

the god of war is like velka IE we hear about them but do not see them in game
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:12 pm

DoughGuy wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:I honestly see no reason as to why Solaire can't be the suns firstborn and there is no evidence against him besides his being "of Astora." But I still think it' unlikely.
    Theres plenty of evidence against him. The whole miracles thing, and the fact due to separate worlds he doesnt actually exist in your world, meaning he cant be the god of war.

Why can't he be, if he was stripped of his deity status and is now a mere mortal?
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:15 pm

Solaire is Gwyn's firstborn because a) he says the SUN is like a magnificent FATHER, and that's a really f*cking weird thing to say, UNLESS YOUR FATHER WAS THE LORD OF SUNLIGHT!

That's all there is to it, seriously. Also, the explanation that he doesn't use miracles is stupid because SUNLIGHT blade IS the GoW's miracle, so clearly he had at least 30 Fth and used Miracles!

Also Shkar, the player can't be the GoW because you don't "watch over any Warriors", whereas Solaire totally does (in fact, he gives you the only item potentially linked to 'watching over' anybody, the White Soapstone). So, if it weren't for Solaire, you wouldn't even have that ability.

I said this on another thread, but interpreting things literally all we have to go on, and it's really the only way to keep yourself from getting too into your own head.

Last edited by JohnnyHarpoon on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:21 pm

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Solaire is Gwyn's firstborn because a) he says the SUN is like a magnificent FATHER, and that's a really f*cking weird thing to say, UNLESS YOUR FATHER WAS THE LORD OF SUNLIGHT!

That's all there is to it, seriously. Also, the explanation that he doesn't use miracles is stupid because SUNLIGHT blade IS the GoW's miracle, so clearly he had at least 30 Fth and used Miracles!

Then why does he use a sword, instead of a halberd like he used to? How come attacking him before he goes insane doesn't cause you to get kicked out of the Sunbros? How come you can continue to use the Sunlight Spear (draws on his power), even when he's dead?
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:31 pm

Don't know about halberds, but the fact that he was stripped of his deity status explains the other two - he is not special, merely a warrior on a mission, and along the way he watches over his fellow warriors. Sunlight Spear draws on Gwyn's power, so I'm not sure why you bring that up...did you mean SLB? Either way, Gwyn left his power split up amongst the Lords, so I would assume that the GoW's power still exists somewhere, even though he himself was stripped of it.

I really don't mean to rain on anybody's parade here...but it just seems so obvious to me, I think everybody is seriously overthinking it.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:38 pm

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Don't know about halberds, but the fact that he was stripped of his deity status explains the other two - he is not special, merely a warrior on a mission, and along the way he watches over his fellow warriors. Sunlight Spear draws on Gwyn's power, so I'm not sure why you bring that up...but either way, Gwyn left his power split up amongst the Lords, so I would assume that the GoW's power still exists somewhere, though he may have been stripped of it.

The statue is of the God of War. It's HIS covenant, and the followers worship HIM, not Gwyn. Why would the miracle you have to be in his covenant to use draw on what little magical power Gwyn has left after burning as a cinder for a thousand years?

And who says he wouldn't have his power? He lost his deific status, so he's no longer a god. So? If he IS the God of War, that means your character is just a normal human, but you can kill Gwyndolin and Gwyn in combat, so power isn't necessarily what he lost. Heck, he could still be immortal for all we know.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:49 pm

I suppose he could be, but stripping somebody of deific status seems like it ought to have more repercussions than literally just you are not a God anymore. Considering how fearful Gwyn/everybody is of mere Humans, I doubt the GoW would be left with his power/memory intact - he'd just be too much of a threat if he ever sought revenge. Finally, literally every Undead in this game is immortal, so immortality isn't a big deal, and only gives them more reason to strip him of his power/memory if they can't kill him.

Now, this is purely my logical thinking, I'll admit...but if I had to exile a General in my army, I sure as sh*t wouldn't let him keep the nukes, ya know? And if I could eliminate all the intelligence gathered in his head, even better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:24 am