Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Akatik
Yarxov
Yesuurd
Blazefury
Dellusions
skarekrow13
10 posters

Found something worse than backstab...

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Found something worse than backstab... Empty Found something worse than backstab...

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Yesterday my play schedule was all painted world oriented. I missed the notches whip first time so I went human to take out Xanthous King was a bullfrog. Otherwise I stick to hollow as my PvP record is spotty. I get back to the bonfire just in time to see it go out and then comes the blue phantom (yes I'm a sinner). Starts off funny as he runs right by me (ring of fog). I cast toxic mist like a smoke grenade for him after a brutal minute of watching him search (here I am). Comes rushing at me with a giant club and misses. A couple Lifehunt taps and he suddenly loses his aggression just long enough to let the bleed go down. No biggie, fight is going fair with me chipping more than he is. To be nice I let him back off as needed to reduce bleed. Then it all goes to hell as I have him down to the kill shot and he leaves on me. What a d*ck!
    Dellusions
    Dellusions
    Casual
    Casual

Found something worse than backstab... Empty Re: Found something worse than backstab...

Post by Dellusions Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:21 pm

This is much better than a backstab. You see, you need to leave that fight with the satisfaction of knowing you just made a twelve year old break his controller, or urinate his pants, quite possibly both mind you. It's a win-win situation here.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Found something worse than backstab... Empty Re: Found something worse than backstab...

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Lol. That's a good way to look at it.
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:36 pm

There's no better feeling than this. It would be better if you managed to kill the fella, but anyway, you made him rage quit. In one of my last PVP sessions as a Darkwraith, there was a guy camping just where I spawned. He cast TWoP, then I switched to BKGA and staggered him to death. I taunted the fella like there was no tomorrow lol.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Hahahaha, this feels so good it happened to me also at the forest after killing a farmer's sunbro and almost killing him.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Glad I posted. This has gone from big aggravation to near badge of honor levels
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:40 pm

Him leaving is not worse than a backstab. I have more respect for the fella who knew he couldn't win so he fled. He's not rage quitting, just making a logical choice.
    And wht would you taunt someone for using TWoPwhen you just stun locked them with a BKGA? That's not respectable :/
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:35 pm

That's crazy, there is really no penalty for dying while invading. You keep all your stuff and end up at the bonfire you last rested at.

People should just take the loss with honor.
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:43 pm

Yarxov wrote:Him leaving is not worse than a backstab. I have more respect for the fella who knew he couldn't win so he fled. He's not rage quitting, just making a logical choice.
    And wht would you taunt someone for using TWoPwhen you just stun locked them with a BKGA? That's not respectable :/

Man, I use a Man-Serpent Greatsword with Sunlight Blade, but he didnt even give me time to buff my weapon nor blossoming. He was camping right behind me wearing full Giants and cast TWoP. Sorry, I have to give myself a chance. If I win while he was cheating me out of the duel, better, so I taunted him.

And thank god you're not a professional athlete, if leaving a match is the logical choice when you know you cant win lol.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Agreed, play hard to the finish no matter what, especially with no penalty as stated above. But even if there was a penalty follow the same rule as any other gambling, don't bet more than you're willing to lose. I'd have sympathy for the running strategy if there was any way to invade on accident. In that case it's just like accidentally stepping into an enemy you can't beat. For example, my first time in New Londo I had never really paid attention to the transient curse description. After realizing I had no way to hurt my enemy I did flee. But even in this case, it was only long enough to figure out how to fight, not to avoid the fight altogether.
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:24 pm

I'd agree that your op situation is one to be amused by if not outright proud of. I have managed to evade attacks from an invader to the point that they bailed on me. When it comes to patience I'll drag it out into a cold war. Meanwhile they are worried about keeping up the tempo of their invasions and kills.

I'm not one to go run and hide, but I'll go into turtle mode and barrel roll-dodge all day. I figure if I can be 1/10th as bothersome as those stupid mosquitos in Blighttown that I've done my best to be an awful PvE enemy for the invader :-) Sadly I usually end up eating cold steel or a well timed fireball, and then we're all back off on our merry ways.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:54 pm

The solution is simple...if you invade, then leave, you forfeit ALL humanity and souls, and you should lose a level. If someone can't quit their game when and invader comes in, it shouldn't be this easy to back out of an invasion.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Wow that would make farmers ultimate griefers!
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:09 pm

ive only done this once as a invader because there was 3 people and every time I invaded it was the same people so I kept leaving
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Yea dried finger kinda sucks lol
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:20 pm

yep I normally go in the forest and get invaded by two people at once no matter they will still die twisted

need to stop using it
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Blazefury wrote:

Man, I use a Man-Serpent Greatsword with Sunlight Blade, but he didnt even give me time to buff my weapon nor blossoming. He was camping right behind me wearing full Giants and cast TWoP. Sorry, I have to give myself a chance. If I win while he was cheating me out of the duel, better, so I taunted him.

And thank god you're not a professional athlete, if leaving a match is the logical choice when you know you cant win lol.
    I see your point now, to me it initially came off as him being a normal faith build.

There is a big difference, retreating and giving up is different. He left because he couldn't win and you are the better player, him charging to his death only to give you souls would not help him.
    Two competitors face off, one is superior and towards the end of their duel the lesser realizes his defeat and admits to it. That's what the invader did. Instead of go and lose he admitted defeat. (personally I would bow and let you deliver the kill blow)
    You all could be right, but honestly he/she doesn't deserve as much hate as you all are pileing on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:12 pm