Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
isthefridge
OrnsteinBro
ICEFANG
Ghadis_God
Spurgun
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
zzombieboy
Jovias-86
DoughGuy
omega Elf
15 posters

the best overall weapon/build

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

the best overall weapon/build  - Page 3 Empty Re: the best overall weapon/build

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Twop is the only good tactic I have for killing spear users, excluding using a spear.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:37 pm

A bow forum, they get frustrated because it is you who out range them.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:46 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1698489835586618

THIS build. It's so straightforward, MLGS can stunlock, has great chip and two WoG stacks just because.

I've run into more than I'd care to and every time I just feel mad.

strictly speaking there probably isn't a "best" weapon. The way Greatswords, Spears, Katanas, Piercing swords, BKGA interact with one another creates a "loose" system of soft counters.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Yeah that build is one of the most powerful.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Even if there was a "best" weapon, i wouldn't use it. I don't see the fun in just picking what is the easiest to win with. I can get easy kills using a katana/slb/and wrath, but its boring and i get no satisfaction. When i kill a flipping tank with a fast rolling build with nothing but +15 weapons and no buffs, thats satisfying.

I don't mind if people pick the best gear, its in the game. Just remember that unless you are fighting another player with all the best stuff, most of your kills are a product of your weapons/gear rather then your actual skill in the game. Not saying that everyone who goes top tier is a bad player, thats just not true, but if you challenge them to a 0poise/no armor/longsword only match you see that their gear/spells do most of the work for them. Challenging yourself is a good thing, it forces you to improve.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:22 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Even if there was a "best" weapon, i wouldn't use it. I don't see the fun in just picking what is the easiest to win with. I can get easy kills using a katana/slb/and wrath, but its boring and i get no satisfaction. When i kill a flipping tank with a fast rolling build with nothing but +15 weapons and no buffs, thats satisfying.

I don't mind if people pick the best gear, its in the game. Just remember that unless you are fighting another player with all the best stuff, most of your kills are a product of your weapons/gear rather then your actual skill in the game. Not saying that everyone who goes top tier is a bad player, thats just not true, but if you challenge them to a 0poise/no armor/longsword only match you see that their gear/spells do most of the work for them. Challenging yourself is a good thing, it forces you to improve.

Don't mistake best weapon with easy to use. It's all about how
    you use the weapon, put it in the hands of the average player
    and they'll suck. It takes a S**T load of dedication and practice
    to use it to full effectiveness.
    Not to boast, but i've played against allot of Washing Pole users,
    and completely wiped the floor with many of them. You can't
    just go rushing in spamming r1, or randomly throwing out attacks,
    you have to be very precise in your actions.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:24 pm

That's why i said that just because someone is using top tier gear doesn't mean they are a bad player. Regardless, it's a crutch. Kick the crutch out from under them and they fall.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Great Scythe, consider the dead angles, range, and power especially when buffed. Not to mention it has a stunlock combo that actually defeats toggling out, and can kill in three hits with a proper build. It BS cancels with many of its attack, has probably the most effective running attack, and is fairly simple to use. I'd say it, or the Lifehunt are the most powerful weapons in the game.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:23 pm

I might have to agree tolvo. Ive been using the Gscythe the last few days, its dmg output is huge even un-buffed. I got really used to the murakumo and the Gscythes moveset is actually very very similar, so ive been doing pretty well. I usually just see Gscythe users spam the running r1, but the r2 combo is not to be underestimated either. Great weapon overall.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:46 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:That's why i said that just because someone is using top tier gear doesn't mean they are a bad player. Regardless, it's a crutch. Kick the crutch out from under them and they fall.
    Dodging is a crutch, skilled players parry. Armor is a crutch, skilled players don't get hit. Weapons are crutches, skilled players win bare handed.

See my point?
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:52 pm

More importantly why would you kick the crutch out from under someone? that's rude.

Second, unless you personally have lost to flipping tanks MORE OFTEN than you've lost than even if I wear MoM/Gaints3 I can proudly say MOST of my wins are from my personal skill.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:56 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:That's why i said that just because someone is using top tier gear doesn't mean they are a bad player. Regardless, it's a crutch. Kick the crutch out from under them and they fall.

Not using, the best of whats available, when the opportunity is there,
    is just a way, for less skilled players, to justify their losses;
    And, for them, to then point the finger, at their more skilled opponent,
    claiming: it was not my lack of skill - that was the cause of my defeat.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:40 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote: challenge them to a 0poise/no armor/longsword only match you see that their gear/spells do most of the work for them

the best overall weapon/build  - Page 3 2707236321

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:19 pm