Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
IV_Mark_VI
Bloodios
WyrmHero
reim0027
JoeBroski09
PaPaSmVrf
10 posters

Zweihander build, any suggestions?

PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Zweihander build, any suggestions? Empty Zweihander build, any suggestions?

Post by PaPaSmVrf Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:44 pm

As stated in the title, I am looking at doing a build around the Zweihander, I am willing to try anything, light armor, heavy armor, rings, magic, mircles, etc. However, I will ONLY be two-handing the Zweihander, never one-handing it, trying to add some challange to the build. any suggestions?

Zweihander build, any suggestions? 3358384175
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Zweihander build, any suggestions? Empty Re: Zweihander build, any suggestions?

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:49 pm

Don't invest in the stats for a buff, upgrade it to either fire or lightning, medium roll, and get lots of vitality.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:52 pm

I also forgot to mention that I am playing only offline on this run (pure PvE so I can immerse in the build) so no PvP setups will be needed, and thanks for the quick reply Joe!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:55 pm

Ohh. Ok, PvE only.

Dark Wood Grain Ring if you want it to be an easy playthrough. Well, maybe not EASY. A no shield playthrough the first time is usually really hard, anyway. Medium rolling just makes it even harder. A lot of people can do it, but I shiver at the thought of having to face S&O alone, no shield, medium roll.

So, if you can fast roll, do it. If you want to use the DWGR, go ahead. But still only invest in vit, end, str needed, and dex needed.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:55 pm

The, definitely go elemental. Don't forget some poise as well (to prevent you from being stunned before you get a hit off).
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:05 am

Thanks again for the quick feedback! I can tell I am really going to enjoy this forum! I will be using every npc phantom I can when it comes to boss battles, I am not that good yet, does the dark wood grain ring effect the backstab of a Zwei?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:06 am

Nope, it doesn't.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:10 am

The Hornet's does however. But, wear the DWGR, it'll allow you to equip more weight and still roll well.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:12 am

For PvE I really really recommend medium roll. It's just perfect for PvE.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:14 am

Here's a my "tank" version of the build, if you like:
    http://tinyurl.com/cu7tj62
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:17 am

You recommend the medium role, does it have a longer "invincibility" then a fast role if you catch my drift?
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:19 am

Also thanks for the warm welcome! I'm just glad I can talk to people who enjoy the game as much as I do!
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:19 am

@bloodios, Those stats look perfect for what I am going for, thanks!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:21 am

No, it has less i-frames. Medium roll is mainly for "style". Matter of opinion. You should try both and see what you like. Keep your equip weight under 50% and try with the DWGR (fast "ninja flip") or without (medium roll).
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:24 am

got it, so I will be looking into the DWGR, any other items, armor, etc to consider?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:25 am

Whatever you want.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 am

@PaPaSmVrf
    You're welcome. That build also works for PvP, by the way, provided that you can handle the slow swinging speed of the Zweihänder (in other words, don't swing like mad and leave yourself wide open.)
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:30 am

I'd do it completely differently.

I'd go pure physical Zwei; 27 STR, 25 INT, 14 ATT, and high END/VIT. That amount of endurance is just silly... Eat a medium roll; with a bit of practice, you should have too much difficulty.

With a higher magic, you should have more options, such as to buff your weapon, Aural Decoy, Fall control, Hidden Body... just opens up more options to keep the game fresh IMO.

You'll definitely need poise. Do you have a planned play through? Or do you want one? (What stats to lvl first, what gear to get, etc)
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:36 am

I like some pyro. Great Combustion and Great Fireball are really good.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:41 am

PaPaSmVrf wrote:You recommend the medium role, does it have a longer "invincibility" then a fast role if you catch my drift?

No but as you are PvEing you can equip any rings you want and still move a decent speed. To me the speed is enjoyable and you can plan better your tactics and be more careful around ledges.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:41 am

that is also a good idea mark! I am keeping my mind open to any build and most likly will try and incorporate all ideas into an epic build! >big grin I say keep em comming!
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:56 am

How experienced are you with this game is a question I'd like to ask. If you're going for elemental weapons, that takes more game understanding to get there as well as where to go.

If you are new, I think going for elemental weapons is harder as you won't have access to those until Anor Londo (or if you want to get past Ceaseless Discharge, you can get one that way, and then lvl it up in the Catacombs).

I'd get dex to 10 (min to wield Zwei), then pump str to 27, then push vit/end to 20, then get int/att to 10 to have access to some spells. Eventually I'd want to push vit/end to at least 30, but if you don't plan well, you might get bogged down in some areas.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:05 am

I have over 500 hrs in demon's souls and now about 100 hrs in dark souls, so im not to new to the game, however if I go elemental (which is the plan now i do believe, not sure) i have cleared the catacombs before anor londo (usually grab some green titianite from crestfallen dude, and make the weap divine, then when i get to the smith in catacombs have some green left over to make a fire weap) and by the time i hit anor londo i have about 3-4 chunks to spend to make a lightning weapon.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:07 am

Whatapro big grin
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:25 am

lol silly I would like to think so but out of every PvP encounter I have only won once, and that was because they fell off a cliff! that was in good old demon's souls when I actually had a SL 120 character (highest I have ever made, but I have made like 100 profliles between the two games trying different classes and things out)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:04 pm