Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
IV_Mark_VI
Bloodios
WyrmHero
reim0027
JoeBroski09
PaPaSmVrf
10 posters

Zweihander build, any suggestions?

Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Zweihander build, any suggestions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Zweihander build, any suggestions?

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:43 am

I'll throw out the suggestion of wearing full Catarina armor and a Pierce Shield, give yourself a full Onion Bro build.

Also, I love your avatar and signature....
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Zweihander build, any suggestions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Zweihander build, any suggestions?

Post by Bloodios Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:56 am

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:I'll throw out the suggestion of wearing full Catarina armor and a Pierce Shield, give yourself a full Onion Bro build.
    All we need now is a sleep standing gesture...
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:57 am

Bloodios wrote:
    Noob-of-Artorias wrote:I'll throw out the suggestion of wearing full Catarina armor and a Pierce Shield, give yourself a full Onion Bro build.
    All we need now is a sleep standing gesture...
    I'M WAITING FROM!!!
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:56 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1524496494645612

Having the Grass Crest shield equipped still adds Stamina regen even though you are 2 handing the Zweihander, having the Mask of the Child (which you will get from Pinwheel) is also a good idea to have, you can use them both or just one happy up to you!

having weapon in 2 hands negates the fact you need high strength! so invest in Vitatlity/Endurance, a little bit of attunement to get some slots open and a bit of dex (think Zwei you need only 10 which you have covered already happy

all these items equipped can be gained very early on in the game, even before going into Sens fortress happy so that is why I have made it to around mid 45 which is a good SL to be going into Sens and Anor (SL50 or so)

Its always good having a pyro flame equipped, when finished with Quelaag enter the covenant with her sister to get the Great Chaos fireball pyro flame spell!

if you want to use it, press triangle (ps3) and you will equip the shield as well to block while timing the flame casting happy

using all the shards etc just for the Zwei early on will allow you to upgrade it to fire quickly which is the best for it, at +15 you will deal 728 damage per shot!

I think its the best path for the Zweihander! and can be done early on as you can get to Vamos quickly if you know how too!

Hope that helps a tad happy feel free for anyone to leave comments happy
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:19 am

I have 2 Zwei builds; it is one of my favorite weapons.

They are built for PvP, but the second one would work perfectly well for PvE, (hell, even the first one would if you wanted to go through the game like a boss).

1st one co'ops and invades from Solaire's bonfire in Anor: http://tinyurl.com/8rnw89u

2nd one is my "Havel build" : http://tinyurl.com/8dly3xr
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

one thing I think most people who ask about builds are referring to their ones currently.. all these 120 level builds are only applicable to NG+ and or NG++....

Whenever I asked for help regarding builds and advice, all I got was these 120 builds suggestions which I was nowhere near in being when I asked for assistance!

The 2nd build is pretty sweet though dude, liking the fast roll and armour silly
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:31 am

i'm currently playing a zwei/faith build at the moment

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4600021194179708

i know it's already a 120 build, but when i was leveling i started with getting my stats to 18/12/18/16/10/11/8/14 which put me at a comfortable level of 25 and i two handed my zwei and was using the grass crest and wanderer/crimsom waist armor combo

by level 50 my stats looked more like this 21/12/24/16/10/11/8/30

by level 75 my stats were 30/12/30/16/10/11/8/40

and by level 100 my stats were 30/16/33/24/10/11/8/50

some other valuable equipment to keep handy is a heavy crossbow which is great for PVE in certain areas, the grass crest shield (as always) and combined with the sanctus, the ring of the evil eye was also helpful.

i never did touch the dark wood grain ring with this build, sticking with medium roll throughout

good luck!
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Thank you all for the help! I have plenty of info for making a awesome zwei build, and I'm glad to be a part of such an awesome and helpful forum!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:07 pm