Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
GkMrBane
nsane32
Azran
Tolvo
Bcc17
ViralEnsign_
10 posters

So I finally did it....! (Potential Early Game Spoilers)

Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

So I finally did it....! (Potential Early Game Spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: So I finally did it....! (Potential Early Game Spoilers)

Post by Azran Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Yeah, my only grips with the games are
    1) The first one is a clunky mess which makes replaying it a chore.
    2) Since replaying 1 is a pain in the back, I can't change anything from the Mass Effect 2 storyline. I guess it works from a business point of view.
    3) Kaidan and Ashley were supposed to be interchangeable. Hence, their similar lines - if you make two characters to be mutually exclusive while sharing lines and a certain storyline importance, you are sacrificing individuality. Plus, between Williams and Alenko there was even no competition. Man, I think I miss Jenkins more than Alenko.

I don't care about all the "ORIGINAL ENDINGS SUCK!" thing. I liked the gameplay of 2 and 3, and the fact that Shepard was actually voiced.
    Even so, the ending of 2 was herpy-derpy.

"Hey guys, we normally only take 3 guys on missions, but this time we are taking the entire armed crew of professional killers for plot non explained-circumstances! Yep, nothing will go wrong. tongue"
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

So I finally did it....! (Potential Early Game Spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: So I finally did it....! (Potential Early Game Spoilers)

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:17 pm

WAIT you though destroying the collector base was 'herpy derpy'?

Okay I see and understand what you are saying..... but it was a suicide mission and the whole plot does lead up to that one momment and it is explained why the whole team is needed.

I figure Shepard and his crew work as a small efficient kill team stype force thus having eight sodiers on the field at anyone time reduces thier capacity for effective operations. IN the collector base example they were taking on a whole species, in their fortress, and would have needed to split up on occasion.

but seriously you let little gripes like that ruin a really good series. ME came a out a long time ago and while it was clunky mess it had some entertainment value.

The Mass Effect 2's should have a short comic section at the begining of then where you can make all the important ME decisions. My PSN version does so I couls bring over Wrex, the Council, Ashley, and the Rachni.

And yes Kaiden and Ashley were the weakest characters but in ME 3 i thinkthey should be well fleshed out.....
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:23 pm

No, I think the way they made up an excuse to leave the Normandy totally undefended was herpy derpy.

Heh, I haven't got any of the games on a console. I played them all on PC.
    It's a good series? Yeah, especially if you disregard the first Mass Effect gameplay failings.
    Do I like the idea of a Codex with non-vital background info? Yeah, I like the idea.
    Do I like the fact that to enjoy the game fully I have to purchase the three of them? Eeeeh.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:43 pm

Fair enough I understand your point of view.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:45 pm

Wait a second, he calls parts of the game retarded, while I just say it's a good game and I don't enjoy it. And you are perfectly fine with him, but angry with me? Gah, I'll never get you Viral.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:43 am

Im going to get downgraded but if you want to talk story Castlevania and if you want to talk about a story that doesn't make any sense whatsoever play Assassin Creed
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:45 am

Don't tempt me to join you in talking badly of AC's story, people will get angry with me! Let it rest Nsane, we can't leave our critical judgments of popular series sit out in the open!
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:51 am

Im saving Mass effect 3 for when the game of the year edition comes out for $40.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 am

Tolvo wrote:Don't tempt me to join you in talking badly of AC's story, people will get angry with me! Let it rest Nsane, we can't leave our critical judgments of popular series sit out in the open!

Your right its just maddens me how that series got popular :x
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:58 am

Quit goading me into this discussion! I won't give in, to your temptation, must be loved, by everyone, must not insult, beloved franchises.

*Begins coughing up blood*
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:59 am

Bad Tolvo! How did you get out of the anti-video game cage!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:02 am

It's not my fault, you left the door open! Just keep the RP door locked, for the love of god!
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:10 am

on an unrelated not looks like Castlevaina LOS 2 is going to have some crazy **** because for some reasons after I beat the crap of you Satin I turned into some crazy shadow vampire
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Tolvo wrote:Wait a second, he calls parts of the game retarded, while I just say it's a good game and I don't enjoy it. And you are perfectly fine with him, but angry with me? Gah, I'll never get you Viral.

I understand I can never change his mind. I WILL CHANGE YOURS TOLVO!
    mrbeckham87
    mrbeckham87
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by mrbeckham87 Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:56 pm

I love it. play much multiplayer?!?!?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Tolvo wrote:It's not my fault, you left the door open! Just keep the RP door locked, for the love of god!

http://personamoon.freeforums.org/index.php ... was helped made by DoughBoy and others right?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:09 pm

mrbeckham87 wrote:I love it. play much multiplayer?!?!?

I love MP!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:28 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:It's not my fault, you left the door open! Just keep the RP door locked, for the love of god!

http://personamoon.freeforums.org/index.php ... was helped made by DoughBoy and others right?
    yeah Rayne made it and I helped.
    Tolvo it wants to be let out. Cant you hear it crying. Imma open the cage ok?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:30 pm

I told you I'll assist with an non-fan-fiction RP's! Especially not any relating to Dark Souls! But that's the line!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Ok, I'll only let a few out then silly
    And i wont copy paste blocks of fan fic into the chat silly
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:11 am

lol good stuff dough
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:16 am

I really hated how much TURRET TIME they made you spent. Who thinks on-rails shooting sections and static turret defense parts are a good idea nowadays?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:32 am

Killzone 3 did too unfortunately. Worst parts of the game IMO.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:51 am

I already suffered the Mako and your opening section railroading Bioware. Stop it. sad
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:55 am

Azran wrote:I already suffered the Mako and your opening section railroading Bioware. Stop it. sad
    Well there's your problem silly
    I kid, I;ve only played DA:2 and it was good for at least the first 1 and a half playthroughs. Not enough motivation to get to both endings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:26 pm