Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Juutas
Maneater_Mildred
Federally
Shkar
bloodpixel
Knight Alundil
10 posters

    My personal issue with WoG

    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    My personal issue with WoG Empty My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Knight Alundil Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:33 am

    Now if you've ever played with me you'll know I'm a pretty laid back guy. Spamming GC, lagstabs and other general dark souls pvp nuisances never tend to bother me. I always feel that if you invest the stat points you deserve to use whatever you like.

    There is one thing though.

    I have many duels that go like this. My opponent and I begin at 100% health. We bow, and fight honourably for a while. Eventually, I do some damage so my opponent is at say 70% health. At this point they WoG spam until my health drops to 70%. Then their talisman goes away and the shield comes back out.

    This continues until my opponent wins, or I'm about to win and they spam WoG. This really gets my goat.

    If you run into a fight and spam WoG someone to death, fine. It's a powerful spell feel free to use it. If you use it at opportune times to block backstabs and/or knock people off ledges, then good! That is its intended use!

    Using it as an equaliser when you're losing though is a completely different matter. It's like admitting its overpowered and using it as your own personal handicap in a game that's supposed to be brutally fair.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1658
    Reputation : 65
    Join date : 2012-01-22

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by bloodpixel Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:35 am

    The solution is obvious.
    Instant shield glitch like a boss.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Knight Alundil Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:36 am

    I don't need to lower myself to be a boss winking
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived


    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Shkar Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:39 am

    Wait, so you get upset that they use it strictly for the damage, but don't spam it? Just trying to figure out what exactly you're trying to get across.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1658
    Reputation : 65
    Join date : 2012-01-22

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by bloodpixel Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:43 am

    I don't really see how wrath of gods bothers you if everything else doesn't though. It's like the least of my concerns right now.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Iowa, USA

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Federally Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:44 am

    Sir are you aware with a well timed roll you can avoid all damage from WoG? Why don't you learn to do this, then annihilate those who rely on WoG as their contingency plan.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator


    Posts : 2525
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 48
    Location : The 3rd place.

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:08 am

    Federally wrote:Sir are you aware with a well timed roll you can avoid all damage from WoG? Why don't you learn to do this, then annihilate those who rely on WoG as their contingency plan.

    Amen, +1
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 34
    Location : Finland

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Juutas Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:17 am

    I would be more annoyed about spamming GC since you don't need to invest any stats to use it (ok maybe few lvls of attunement) and with proper equipment that can do 800 dmg a hit....so yeah imo WoG has nothing compared to GC. WoG in the hands of poor user is just free bs, but GC has that weird hitbox that seems to hit you in weird angles even if you try to punish it.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Iowa, USA

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Federally Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:25 am

    Shrug spam of all kinds doesn't bother me. It's just the sign of a one trick pony and I've yet to come across a type of spam that doesn't have a counter.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 34
    Location : Finland

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Juutas Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:31 am

    Federally wrote:My personal issue with WoG 3358384175 spam of all kinds doesn't bother me. It's just the sign of a one trick pony and I've yet to come across a type of spam that doesn't have a counter.

    There is a counter to everything if you have DWGR, but when midrolling or slower there is not counter to everything. DWGR = resolving all problems since...always.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Iowa, USA

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Federally Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:50 am

    My main build is a mid roller FYI
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel


    Posts : 7873
    Reputation : 136
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 29
    Location : The Executive Members Boardroom

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:54 am

    Juutas wrote:
    Federally wrote:My personal issue with WoG 3358384175 spam of all kinds doesn't bother me. It's just the sign of a one trick pony and I've yet to come across a type of spam that doesn't have a counter.

    There is a counter to everything if you have DWGR, but when midrolling or slower there is not counter to everything. DWGR = resolving all problems since...always.

    THE DWGR Really gets me. I fought Billy the other day and directly hit him with 4 GFB and he took not one point of damage due to those damn invincibility frames!

    Curse that ring. Its on my list of enemies alongside

    -Doors (because when even I pull them its a push door or visa versa)

    -The Sun for it is always inconvient and in my eyes

    - and Doughguy for he is my arch nemesis.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 34
    Location : Finland

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Juutas Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:54 am

    Federally wrote:My main build is a mid roller FYI

    Interesting! how do you counter combustion spam? I always have problem when midrolling with CG and even sometimes with WoG if I have too much poise to be knocked down. When midrolling you are not able to roll bs punish (if your opponent is not completely retarted). Spears also cause me lots of pain when midrolling if they are wise enough to keep their distance.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated


    Posts : 822
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by lextune Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:42 am

    Solution? Dodge more, or better.

    happy
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Iowa, USA

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Federally Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:05 am

    Juutas wrote:
    Federally wrote:My main build is a mid roller FYI

    Interesting! how do you counter combustion spam? I always have problem when midrolling with CG and even sometimes with WoG if I have too much poise to be knocked down. When midrolling you are not able to roll bs punish (if your opponent is not completely retarted). Spears also cause me lots of pain when midrolling if they are wise enough to keep their distance.

    Well there is one bit that makes me maybe a bit of an unfair comparison. That same build also wears BK armor and has a BK, along with pyro of his own. So I laugh at GC, either straight tank it or block it and punish the **** out of them for being stupid enough to try and pyro a gut decked out in anti fire gear lol.

    Though to help you, how often do you use the backstep, neutral roll, on your mid roller? You can easily back step away from a GC and follow up with the rushing R1. I've done this a lot.

    Another fun thing to do to GC spam is pull out a bow and keep you distance. Then annoy the **** out of them as revenge for annoying you with spam.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 533
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-03-17
    Location : United States of Daku Souru

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by lordgodofhell Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:19 am



    Gotta love how this has turned into a Great Combustion thread lol

    I personally love Wog, as I use it on 2 of my 10 builds. Solutions to it?
    -as others have pointed out, DODGE
    -Crest shield works for mid rollers who get caught out of position
    -PARRYING Wog can be done to great effect. Practice is everything
    -Magic Barrier/Great Magic barrier will nullify its damage from 1000 to about 200 or so
    -Casting CHSM for Mages is a great anti wog spell
    -Pivot backstabbing them also works


    I agree with the upper that GC seems to be more trouble for me to dodge, although I dont mind its use, it is in game like all other spells. However, you should carry a flash sweat on you like I do on most guys
    8)

    Hope this helps a bit, practice against a friend who has a few casts. It really helps you narrow down the timing on the dodge.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1523
    Reputation : 69
    Join date : 2012-05-05
    Location : Tama

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Rifter7 Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:24 am

    yeah i hate when they do that. most people can't handle losing and will come up with any excuse they can to win and use something cheap... but they don't want to look like they're cheap so they like.. do it in doses or something. it's weird.

    idk tho, i fought a guy with 4 stacks of wotg a while back in the burg. halfway thru the fight he started blatantly spamming it for the first 2 stacks as i backpeddled and rolled around waiting for him to run out and i finnally got tired and roll stabbed him->chain bs'ed and during the chain bs he started levitating away.

    sent me some hatemail saying how i was bad mannered or something.. figures..
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 34
    Location : Finland

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Juutas Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:54 am

    Federally wrote:
    Juutas wrote:
    Federally wrote:My main build is a mid roller FYI

    Interesting! how do you counter combustion spam? I always have problem when midrolling with CG and even sometimes with WoG if I have too much poise to be knocked down. When midrolling you are not able to roll bs punish (if your opponent is not completely retarted). Spears also cause me lots of pain when midrolling if they are wise enough to keep their distance.

    Well there is one bit that makes me maybe a bit of an unfair comparison. That same build also wears BK armor and has a BK, along with pyro of his own. So I laugh at GC, either straight tank it or block it and punish the **** out of them for being stupid enough to try and pyro a gut decked out in anti fire gear lol.

    Though to help you, how often do you use the backstep, neutral roll, on your mid roller? You can easily back step away from a GC and follow up with the rushing R1. I've done this a lot.

    Another fun thing to do to GC spam is pull out a bow and keep you distance. Then annoy the **** out of them as revenge for annoying you with spam.

    Yeah, I usually use crossbow pretty effectively against pyros and that is so far the only good counter I've come up with. I sometimes use backstep, but I don't know if it is my timing t hit the i-frames or what, but I'm never able to get enough range between me and my opponent and combustion usually gets me during my rolling recovery frames too. Sadly I cannot add any BK-pieces in my gear because my midroller is this so called "legit knight" and I use traditional looking knight gear on him sad
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Iowa, USA

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Federally Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:02 am

    Double back step is helpful.

    Also you need to predict them. When you see the pyro flame out you should constantly be ready for GC. Instead of reacting to it predict it, or bait them into using it when you want them too.

    Also organization your inventory and menu swap shields. I menu swap gear mid fight a lot, so if you're fighting an obvious pyro menu swap to BK shield!
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 34
    Location : Finland

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Juutas Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:16 am

    I know, I know, but I'm funny that way that I don't really swap gear mid fight and just try to pull it off with always the same gear, I guess it's my own fault to get burned sometimes big grin
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Iowa, USA

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Federally Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:24 am

    Well practice menu swapping! And organize your inventory so its easy and fast. Since most people are constantly expecting you to try and trick them backing off to menu swap usually causes them to hesitate and gives you plenty of time to switch gear. And a BK shield all but nulifies pyro!
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Knight Alundil Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:55 am

    Rifter7 wrote:yeah i hate when they do that. most people can't handle losing and will come up with any excuse they can to win and use something cheap... but they don't want to look like they're cheap so they like.. do it in doses or something. it's weird.

    Cant believe it took this long for someone to actually understand my original post. Makes me wonder if I should continue to post in this forum. Seems like every time I voice any opinion or idea I either get told i'm **** and I dont know the finer points of the game, or that it's already been covered and i'm wasting time. Hm.

    Sponsored content


    My personal issue with WoG Empty Re: My personal issue with WoG

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:39 am