Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Paragon
Informidance
Lord of Ash
Ahhotep1
Demon Slayer
Darkmoon Blade
dantheman123
FriskierHail
Soris Ice Goldwing
wolfboy
vatar5
hageshisa
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Mr_Bungle50221
dancash1808
whitechikz11
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
ROOSTER330
ImperialSunlight
Servant of Priscilla
WyrmHero
Shkar
DoughGuy
SunlightCrusader
29 posters

Lordran's Deliverance: Join us my fellow Blades of the Darkmoon!

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Lordran's Deliverance: Join us my fellow Blades of the Darkmoon! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lordran's Deliverance: Join us my fellow Blades of the Darkmoon!

Post by dancash1808 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Well sure! just come over here and take it winking
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Lordran's Deliverance: Join us my fellow Blades of the Darkmoon! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lordran's Deliverance: Join us my fellow Blades of the Darkmoon!

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:48 pm

Once again I question how long it would take to remove an ear with a rapier....
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Not too long with velka's which is what you should be using since its goddess of sin and all.

also I felt I was having dejavu about this conversation winking
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Yeah we have definitely been here before. Ah but I can't buff velka's now can I? DMB is way more relevant than Velka's to the DMs.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Horrendously overpowered and great for griefing new players as opposed to cool looking and classy as hell? your right DMB does relate to the covenant more winking

I think it was probably in the second forest mass invasion thread if I remember rightly.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:12 pm

Overpowered in a way yes but I don't abuse it. No Hornet Ring with it and I use it on a weapon that isn't that effective without it. I also stick with that weapon after the buff ends with the exception of my bow and talisman of course. I try not to lean on my buff too much. I use it but I try to be able to win without it. Sometimes I win sometimes I don't. Oh and for the record DMB looks awesome. Don't get me started on the DM not being griefing subject; that never ends well.

Yeah that would be about where it was. That was around the time my DM was born.
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:07 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Horrendously overpowered and great for griefing new players as opposed to cool looking and classy as hell? your right DMB does relate to the covenant more winking

I think it was probably in the second forest mass invasion thread if I remember rightly.

Except its the Darkwraith's who grief the new players just trying to kindle bonfires and kill bosses, dont get mad at the Darkmoon Blades just cos they actually know how to PvP and kill all you Darkwraiths who think you are pro because you pick on questers.......
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Good God you necrobumped my old cov. Sadly this cov died off due to lack of interest. Please leave it to its rest.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:01 am

Sunlight your cov didn't die it needed a rest please take charge again and try to recruit more
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:09 am

Mr_Bungle50221 wrote:
    dancash1808 wrote:Horrendously overpowered and great for griefing new players as opposed to cool looking and classy as hell? your right DMB does relate to the covenant more winking

Except its the Darkwraith's who grief the new players just trying to kindle bonfires and kill bosses, dont get mad at the Darkmoon Blades just cos they actually know how to PvP and kill all you Darkwraiths who think you are pro because you pick on questers.......

Wait... what?

Come again?

I'm trying to understand if you're attempting to make a thoughtful point or a hurtful/slanderous one. :|
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:27 am

Mr_Bungle50221 wrote:

You my friend appear to misunderstand the level system for invading. and just how easy it is for a quester to accidentally aquire sin. regardless. major necrobump lol!
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:43 pm

I would just like to point at that by "you" I wasnt meaning anyone in general, I meant it as a collective term for the typical DW griefers who just like to pick on the average quester who is just trying to kindle his bonfire/co op, they seem to get a major ego problem and the amount of hatemail I have recieved from these griefers is unreal, just because I invaded them as a Darkmoon and proceeded to romp them.
    The lvl brackets for Darkmoon is your lvl +/- 10% with each indictment adding 1 lvl, eg lvl 70 who has got 10 indictments means +10 lvls are added to the formula. Not our fault if you have so much sin it opens up a super low lvl for us to invade. DW's also invade down by 10%, with no upper lvl limit, except you dont invade anyone who has killed a boss, meaning the only time you invade a much higher lvl is if they have deliberately left the boss alive to host and grief DW's.
    The point is Darkwraiths are perfectly happy to bully the questers, but as soon as someone invades their world it is cheap and unfair and bah blah blah.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:36 pm

^Agreed with what you said. Didn't know that was the formula for DMs invasions where/how do you know that?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Pretty sure that formula has been disproven, and as long as you have any sin you can get invaded by a DM of any SL.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:56 am

Mr_Bungle50221 wrote:I would just like to point at that by "you" I wasnt meaning anyone in general, I meant it as a collective term for the typical DW griefers who just like to pick on the average quester who is just trying to kindle his bonfire/co op, they seem to get a major ego problem and the amount of hatemail I have recieved from these griefers is unreal, just because I invaded them as a Darkmoon and proceeded to romp them.
    The lvl brackets for Darkmoon is your lvl +/- 10% with each indictment adding 1 lvl, eg lvl 70 who has got 10 indictments means +10 lvls are added to the formula. Not our fault if you have so much sin it opens up a super low lvl for us to invade. DW's also invade down by 10%, with no upper lvl limit, except you dont invade anyone who has killed a boss, meaning the only time you invade a much higher lvl is if they have deliberately left the boss alive to host and grief DW's.
    The point is Darkwraiths are perfectly happy to bully the questers, but as soon as someone invades their world it is cheap and unfair and bah blah blah.

If you invade me as a Darkmoon and beat me fair and square you are welcome to your victory. bear in mind I have to have left the boss alive for this to work also. I'd still say during my questing days darkmoons griefed me far more. (I got one attempting to WoG me off the cliff near leeroy in ToG)
    And my local friendly neibourhood darkmoon is SL 250 ish. I am SL 120 on that account and I have/had about 17 sin. He invades and hornet ring backstabs with a DMB DGA if you bow. and then when I messaged him asking why he did it he said it was a mistake. I bowed again and he did it again. so yeah you wana talk to me about **** invaders? lol!

So in short:
    My personal experience suggests there are more **** darkmoons
    The invasion system gives you an unfair advantage against questers
    If the darkwraiths were that bothered about you invading they would kill their boss. its probably how you acted.
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:42 am

Yeah, we Darkwraiths just griefs questers. And Darkmooners are so honorable and nice. Except everytine a DM invade my sl60 DW he is over sl90 for sure. That is very fair... Yeah, very fair
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:49 am

I don't know how a small number of Darkwraiths gave all DWs such a bad rap.

If you don't want to get invaded just play as Hollow until the Gargoyles or so.
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:51 am

Well said Pendant!
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:46 pm

WyrmHero wrote:^Agreed with what you said. Didn't know that was the formula for DMs invasions where/how do you know that?
    There is no level restriction for invading as a Spirit of Vengeance, when you're using the ring (invading in Dark Anor Londo), regardless of your level. This means that a SL1 Darkmoon can invade a level 713 player, and vice versa.
    The Blue Eye Orb has level restrictions, the basic formula is:

( X +/- (10 +/- (10% of X))), where X is your current lvl. This means that, for example, if you're level 50, you can invade people from lvl 35 (50 -15), to lvl 65 (50 +15). Important Note: testing following Patch 1.05 indicates that Sin acquired from being indicted for killing a player, which cannot be removed by speaking with Carim, is added to this formula in a 1:1 ratio to level to allow high level Dark Moon Blades to invade and punish player killers even if those players are very low level. For example, a level 20 Darkwraith who has been indicted 80 times after slaying other players could be invaded by a level 100 Dark Moon Blade using the Blue Eye Orb.

Straight from the wiki, the ring has no SL brackets, and it works either way. Dark Anor Londo basically = Forest
    The orb has a formula that the wiki states has been tested as of the last patch.

TBH I believe the indictment sin formula adding 1 lvl should have a cap, to stop it getting too out of hand. I would also like to add that BB glitching causes the chracter to inherit sin also. But if you are BB glitching to pick on newbies in the burg you deserve some DM coming to kill you.
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:54 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I don't know how a small number of Darkwraiths gave all DWs such a bad rap.

If you don't want to get invaded just play as Hollow until the Gargoyles or so.

Sorry for double post but my last quote was on the other page and i dont know how to quote 2 seperate posts :3

My issue isn't with being invaded by DW's, my issue is that from my personal gaming experience, a DW who fights fair is a rare thing indeed I can probobly count the amount of honorable DW invasions on one hand.
    But as soon as they get invaded by a Darkmoon, who has just as much right to invade as the DW, its all QQ.
    Just remember a DmB invades DWs, a DW invades random human who hasnt killed the boss yet, who do you think is more likely to run into skilled opponent?
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:59 pm

I get ya Bungle, but some people (like me) have experienced the opossit. So its really hard to judge a whole group of ppl. Tbh I mostly hate DM's cuz my experience from them are that they never bow and rush me while being 0-210sl above me. Bad players are bad players. ^^
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:23 pm

I think some people take the whole "Spirit of Vengeance" thing a bit too far and think that it allows them to be asshats. -_- Police Brutality kinda thing.
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:19 am

Haha hell yeah! Many DM go for police brutality D:
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Servant of Priscilla wrote:Sunlight your cov didn't die it needed a rest please take charge again and try to recruit more

Sorry but I am busy busy busy. I hardly even play xbox anymore. Hopefully at some point things will slow down a bit in my life but for now I am very limited in my capacity to participate in Dark Souls. However if enough interest is expressed I may need to find the time.

Oh and lets not start the Darkmoon debate again. We can invade up or down based on sin of potential targets. That is to say we can invade high level players with high sin and low level players with a lot of sin (typically griefers or bb glitchers so my sympathy is minimum). Beyond that our ring puts us into situations that are surpassed only by the forest in difficulty. The fact is that we go in expecting the worst. Strong pvp'ers, gankers, and other dishonorable people. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have tried to bow while DM'ing only to be backstabbed. We are just like the Darkwraiths except for we invade via different means and we feel that we are fighting those who have brought this trial by combat upon themselves. And as such we have the honorable, the dishonorable, and everything in between. This has been said in this thread and our first one. It has also been discussed in other threads at various points. Our arguments always win in the end to the point that we are no better and no worse than any other pvp'ers. If you wish to stereotype DM's as being dishonorable then please provide proof that we are any less honorable than Darkwraiths or hosting players or kindly leave my thread.

Lordran's Deliverance: Join us my fellow Blades of the Darkmoon! - Page 4 3799246625
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:46 pm

Hey, it was a defensive counterarguement! >.> the first aspersions were cast at the DW's

oh and sin lets you invade up beyond 10% ? cool. never knew that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:36 am