Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
Emergence
Tolvo
Jovias-86
Rin
phantomblk
DancingFood
Darksomething56
Sintinerus
The_Flail
BT90001
Ciledaknuf
BackwardsBaboon
fearandwhiskey
TehInfamousAmos
Kirk-Barb
ROOSTER330
Cidek
twilightwarwolf
NR-K
RaynexFall
ZikoLogiKa NL
DxV04
RagingDragon_69
Shkar
mrbeckham87
Servant of Priscilla
IV_Mark_VI
Yukon
whitechikz11
Brokewilly
billy_bayonet
SunlightCrusader
White Knight Wulf
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Federally
40 posters

Gravesworn - Servants of the First (3rd Thread)

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Gravesworn - Servants of the First (3rd Thread)  - Page 18 Empty Re: Gravesworn - Servants of the First (3rd Thread)

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:27 am

I dont know? Anyone actually dedicated to the GS....

How about one of the elders?
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Gravesworn - Servants of the First (3rd Thread)  - Page 18 Empty Re: Gravesworn - Servants of the First (3rd Thread)

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:28 am

Also.....are dung pies allowed? lol, I dont plan to use them on Viral at least, but for the war? My character is Skurge after all, I see him throwing sh** at people. And I refuse to eat anything green, totally against his nature.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:32 am

Lol rooster in the tourney nothing is banned but BS and healing. In the war all rules are out the window.

As far as Red Hand, whoever steps up wanting to do it can have it and change it how the want as far as I'm concerned. RH as a vocation didn't get a lot of traction since NR was so absent.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:37 am

Im full of questions this morning.... too much coffee at work and hyped about stuff later this week....

I always go med roll. Never really used the dwgr, but it seems very advantageous. Thinking about dumping the wolf ring and trying it. Also is the Leo ring worth anything? Is it better than Hornets for spears? Prob using either wolf or dwgr, but curious nonetheless.

Also I would do the RH, but I'm just much more of a BH guy....and dont wanna change it too much, It would end up being another version of BH. lol
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:59 am

I have nothing against Dung Pies throwing them may even give me that second I need to get close to you!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:00 am

Well if you come up with a good idea you wanna take to RH lemme know, I'll listen and probably give it to you lol.

As far as your other questions, first the Leo. Leo is a great under appreciated ring. It increases counter damage for spears, meaning if your opponent is in the middle of an action and you stab them you get counter damage and the ring boosts that considerably. You can get some serious damage playing smart with Leo. Though on a 70 you may sacrifice too much to use it.

Now DWGR, the added mobility is great obviously and with a spear you really ought to have mobility and since your spear of choice is ridiculously heavy a dwgr would be helpful. Personally I love medium roll and I'm getting pretty dang good at using but, plus I think tanks doing hand springs look stupid. So its personal choice and all, but what i do know is your sit and slug it out style isn't optimal for a low damage weapon like a spear. Usually spear users poke and roll, always on the move just stopping occasionally to get a shot in.

Anyway here is a build idea I threw together based on the very heavy pike,
    http://tinyurl.com/cch6kkz
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:05 am

Federally wrote:Well if you come up with a good idea you wanna take to RH lemme know, I'll listen and probably give it to you lol.

As far as your other questions, first the Leo. Leo is a great under appreciated ring. It increases counter damage for spears, meaning if your opponent is in the middle of an action and you stab them you get counter damage and the ring boosts that considerably. You can get some serious damage playing smart with Leo. Though on a 70 you may sacrifice too much to use it.

Now DWGR, the added mobility is great obviously and with a spear you really ought to have mobility and since your spear of choice is ridiculously heavy a dwgr would be helpful. Personally I love medium roll and I'm getting pretty dang good at using but, plus I think tanks doing hand springs look stupid. So its personal choice and all, but what i do know is your sit and slug it out style isn't optimal for a low damage weapon like a spear. Usually spear users poke and roll, always on the move just stopping occasionally to get a shot in.

Anyway here is a build idea I threw together based on the very heavy pike,
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/cch6kkz
    http://tinyurl.com/cch6kkz[/quote[/url]]

Good god Fed hand him the key to victory why dont you.... You have unlocked the greatest underappreaciated way to attain victory since Giants Armour..... though I have fought Dough's DSS build.... and it does come undone at close range...

I would support the use of the Leo ring especially against me as my actions take time to perform... though I would say that, in my experience, the best way to take advantage of the Leo ring damage is through the shield poke.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:30 am

Well thankfully helping him kill us in the tourney will help him kill Noble Knights in the war. So while it hurts now it will hurt Doughy more later!

Here is a Leo Ring build Rooster,
    http://tinyurl.com/d9zk3hp

Partizan is way lighter, much easier to fast roll with it and keep RoFaP. Your poise is low so against large weapons hold the shield up and poke while they swing to trigger Leo, and roll a lot so you don't get stunned. Against small weapons you can tank a bit so two hand that thing and stab them in the face when they attack.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:33 am

Hmmmm..... well the build you posted is almost EXACTLY the build I used the other day, save the dwgr. I did feel like I was too slow alot with the spear. (All my other characters are ultragreatsword swingers and I dont really need to move faster than med for my huge damage output). I will test it out some if I get a chance. Like the leo ring idea.... especially if not many people use it happy.

I will think about the RH, though if you find a member that would like to step up dont hold it for me or anything.... I'm still afraid I'd want to change it too much, lose what its about.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:37 am

Great thing about the Leo Ring build is fast roll! Just looks and fits right
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:45 am

Can anyone confirm if the Leo Ring also increases all non-counter thrust damage ?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:48 am

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:Can anyone confirm if the Leo Ring also increases all non-counter thrust damage ?

Only on specific weapons. I tested it with the normal halberd which has an R1 like a spear and it didn't work. Was sad getting crushed by Sin while the Leo ring did nothing lol
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:58 am

Gravesworn - Servants of the First (3rd Thread)  - Page 18 10-tea11

Gravesworn - Servants of the First (3rd Thread)  - Page 18 12-tea10

So Fed, the brackets will have to be altered in order for everyone to have a first round match, meaning that for example on PSN, first round 12 fighters, 6 winners and losers. 2nd round, 3 matches each side, 3 winners and losers. SO 3rd round there will be an odd man out in both winners and losers, unless a winner fights a loser..... meaning things might have to be altered later depending on who wins these "odd man out" matches. It can still work, just difficult.

Or if you want to seperate elders from others or something, giving eldes the initial bye and do the bracket above.... up to you.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:03 am

Yeah I didn't like the way that website setup the opening brackets. When it gets down to 3 I'll draw random lots again and pit the odd winner against the odd loser. Will probably require some custom bracket made in paint or something.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:06 am

Federally wrote:Yeah I didn't like the way that website setup the opening brackets. When it gets down to 3 I'll draw random lots again and pit the odd winner against the odd loser. Will probably require some custom bracket made in paint or something.

Can do happy. I've gotta get Some sleep, but I will see if I have time at work to finish new, custom made brackets. If not, tommorrow morning for sure. All the current fights will stay intact, so no need to change anything etc.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:07 am

Awesome, thanks for the help.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:12 am

Federally wrote:Awesome, thanks for the help.

Thanks for making the tournament! lol.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:24 am

ROOSTER330 wrote:
    Federally wrote:Awesome, thanks for the help.

Thanks for making the tournament! lol.

Well you are welcome!

Also don't be afraid of RH ideas that change it. PM them to me and we'll kick them around and see what we think about it. If no one wants to take over as is they'll just wind up being generic casters and that doesn't seem exciting. So all ideas are welcome!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:47 am

I could take over the red hand - you all know me as a proficient pyromancer. Wait... Aren't I supposed to be making a promo :face:
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:02 pm

Good god Fed hand him the key to victory why dont you.... You have unlocked the greatest underappreaciated way to attain victory since Giants Armour..... though I have fought Dough's DSS build.... and it does come undone at close range...

I would support the use of the Leo ring especially against me as my actions take time to perform... though I would say that, in my experience, the best way to take advantage of the Leo ring damage is through the shield poke.
    Hey Viral I know an even more annoying build than one with a pike. Look at my Crowley build in my Sig spoiler box thingy. Ask Rayne, Dan and Ziko how much pown that build is. tongue
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:35 pm

it was an annoying build to fight with Rayne, he lost both times. lol... i would like to take you on with my 120 Saol build though.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Ive never fought your Crowley build Brandon :drunken:

Thanks Fed , do you know if it increases non counter BSS's R2 ?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:10 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:Ive never fought your Crowley build Brandon :drunken:

Thanks Fed , do you know if it increases non counter BSS's R2 ?

Well two things, it ONLY increases counter damage. So no. However does it increase counter damage from the BSS R2? not sure, is the BSS considered a pierce weapon?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:14 pm

its thrust damage, not pierce Lance. If I remember.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:14 pm

I just caught this on the wiki page.

Strengthens counters ONLY with thrust weapons (or weapons that have a thrust attack, like Long Sword's one handed strong attack).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:21 pm