Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Noob-of-Artorias
skarekrow13
Slarg232
FruitPunchNinja
Bcc17
Phantasmio
yollo
11 posters

Will we be able to keep the same charactes from Dark Souls in the new DLC contect?

yollo

Will we be able to keep the same charactes from Dark Souls in the new DLC contect? Empty Will we be able to keep the same charactes from Dark Souls in the new DLC contect?

Post by yollo Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:24 pm

Tried to google it, no real respons.
    Anyone here knows?

Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Will we be able to keep the same charactes from Dark Souls in the new DLC contect? Empty Re: Will we be able to keep the same charactes from Dark Souls in the new DLC contect?

Post by Phantasmio Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:28 pm

The new DLC is just additional areas and content, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to use your old characters.
    yollo

Will we be able to keep the same charactes from Dark Souls in the new DLC contect? Empty Re: Will we be able to keep the same charactes from Dark Souls in the new DLC contect?

Post by yollo Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:43 pm

That would be a bit OP imo. Just walking throught that contect with a maxed out platinum characted sad
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:44 pm

yollo wrote:That would be a bit OP imo. Just walking throught that contect with a maxed out platinum characted sad

So don't do that then, make a new character for it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm

I'm sure you will be able to, but i wouldn't get to excited just yet. The DLC isnt coming until this "winter".
    yollo

Post by yollo Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:48 pm

Is it just the PC version that hits now 24th of August?
    EDIT: My gameshop says they all release on 24th
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:48 pm

Yessir.

EDIT: Your Gamestop is an idiot.

Will we be able to keep the same charactes from Dark Souls in the new DLC contect? Bender
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:50 pm

No, namco bandai has said the PC edition releases the 24th and DLC will come later this "winter".
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:51 pm

*Gets hope up* maybe August is winter on there calender big grin
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm praying we get the DLC oct 25th like Japan. Imagine if they got the DLC a month or two before us....I wonder if that would mean they could use all the new stuff in pvp against us. I might just abandon this forum and the game until DLC is released. Ive already spoiled way too much of the content for myself
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:38 pm

I've been planning on getting it for PC when it comes out just so I can enjoy the beauty of the game on a nice and powerful graphics card. A Blighttown with no framerate lag, all in maxed settings. I'm just gonna plug in my wired xbox control into my computer to play this. Even though the developers said they aren't including mod content, I'm pretty sure somebody in the community will go out of their way to make some excellent mods to play on the PC edition. Perhaps some sweet multiplayer mods? Either way, I do hope they release the DLC for the consoles sooner, so those who choose to not buy the PC version don't miss out for too long.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Phantasmio wrote:I've been planning on getting it for PC when it comes out just so I can enjoy the beauty of the game on a nice and powerful graphics card. A Blighttown with no framerate lag, all in maxed settings. I'm just gonna plug in my wired xbox control into my computer to play this. Even though the developers said they aren't including mod content, I'm pretty sure somebody in the community will go out of their way to make some excellent mods to play on the PC edition. Perhaps some sweet multiplayer mods? Either way, I do hope they release the DLC for the consoles sooner, so those who choose to not buy the PC version don't miss out for too long.

They didn't fix the blighttown frame rate drop sad
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Slarg232 wrote:
    Phantasmio wrote:I've been planning on getting it for PC when it comes out just so I can enjoy the beauty of the game on a nice and powerful graphics card. A Blighttown with no framerate lag, all in maxed settings. I'm just gonna plug in my wired xbox control into my computer to play this. Even though the developers said they aren't including mod content, I'm pretty sure somebody in the community will go out of their way to make some excellent mods to play on the PC edition. Perhaps some sweet multiplayer mods? Either way, I do hope they release the DLC for the consoles sooner, so those who choose to not buy the PC version don't miss out for too long.

They didn't fix the blighttown frame rate drop sad

But shouldn't the additional RAM and processing power of my computer be able to overcome that? I just figured that the 360 didn't have strong enough equipment to run that area properly... Shrug
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Not by much according to what they're saying and to the original topic it is "yes"
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Well from what i understand the game will stay at a steady 30fps. So those areas should be a lot better then they were on consoles. You arent going to be able to get 60fps or anything like that though.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:20 pm

Bcc17 wrote:Yessir.

Will we be able to keep the same charactes from Dark Souls in the new DLC contect? Bender
    Oh Yeah well, I'll start a NEW character, and it'll have blackjack and hookers, in fact, forget the character and the blackjack...ah screw the whole thing!
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:
    Bcc17 wrote:Yessir.

Oh Yeah well, I'll start a NEW character, and it'll have blackjack and hookers, in fact, forget the character and the blackjack...ah screw the whole thing!

That made me lol pretty hard.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:43 pm

Phantasmio wrote:But shouldn't the additional RAM and processing power of my computer be able to overcome that? I just figured that the 360 didn't have strong enough equipment to run that area properly... Shrug
    The internal resolution is locked at 1024x720 and the frame rate is locked at 30fps. In other words, you will basically be playing a smoother Xbox 360 version... nothing more...
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:58 am

Bah, like 60 FPS actually matters that much.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:36 am

Shkar wrote:Bah, like 60 FPS actually matters that much.
    Well,... it's a matter of opinion...
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:40 am

Bloodios wrote:
    Phantasmio wrote:But shouldn't the additional RAM and processing power of my computer be able to overcome that? I just figured that the 360 didn't have strong enough equipment to run that area properly... Shrug
    The internal resolution is locked at 1024x720 and the frame rate is locked at 30fps. In other words, you will basically be playing a smoother Xbox 360 version... nothing more...
    Thats a bit of a shame. I wish I had the proper gear to hook my PC monitor to my Xbox. My TV's resolution is piss poor and overall pathetic. Maybe then I'll save my money for the 360 DLC. Unless the PC version has a incredibly large population compared to what we have or steals population from the console versions (which in all honesty hope doesn't happen, I do not want the console versions to die anytime soon.) Other than that, I guess I no longer have a preference of which version I play the new DLC on..
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:45 am

Bloodios wrote:
    Shkar wrote:Bah, like 60 FPS actually matters that much.
    Well,... it's a matter of opinion...
    I agree. I believe 50-60 fps is absolute gaming beauty for my eyes. I adore the smoothness of all the frames displayed in my game in such an amazing quality. I used to play WoW for years at only 15-20 fps I believe and that was fine with me, I just prefer 50-60. Of course in a game like this, lower frame rates can equal death, so I wouldn't be able to do that. This based off of my opinion, of course, so I'm sure they're plenty of people that do not notice or care for the difference.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:47 am

The Eye only sees around 30 FPS. I don't see why 60 is what "everyone" demands (By that, I mean the standard)
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:00 am

Shkar wrote:The Eye only sees around 30 FPS. I don't see why 60 is what "everyone" demands (By that, I mean the standard)
    Personally, I notice a difference in smoothness when it's above 30 fps. Might just be a mind trick or something, but games look noticeably smoother to me compared to 30 fps. I don't see why people would want 60 as a standard. Like I said before, I played WoW for a few years at only 15-20 fps, which was still enjoyable. If it isn't hard or too much work for a developer to have a game run at 60 fps, then by all means, do it if they like to. Don't think it should be a standard for gaming, however. Just a nice addition.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:59 am

Shkar wrote:The Eye only sees around 30 FPS.
    That's just plain wrong.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:07 am