Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
dannyhugz
KomradDakka
Bcc17
ImperatorMortis
8 posters

Console Command cheaters?

ImperatorMortis
    ImperatorMortis

Console Command cheaters?  Empty Console Command cheaters?

Post by ImperatorMortis Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:51 pm

I have to wonder if cheaters will be a huge issue in the PC version. Like people using console commands to pimp out their character then complaining the game is too easy. Or even worse, bringing those characters into PVP.

I'm sure there will be hacking, but console command abuse it probably my biggest fear. They could just use Console commands offline, then bring their character online. Unless I'm uawnare of a method to prevent this.
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Console Command cheaters?  Empty Re: Console Command cheaters?

Post by Bcc17 Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:39 pm

There probably won't be a console that is accessible to the player, it's not going to be like Skyrim's console.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Bcc17 wrote:There probably won't be a console that is accessible to the player, it's not going to be like Skyrim's console.

this, not every pc game has access to the console section. and if you do there probably wont be any "cheat" commands to enter.
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:21 am

Hopefully the VAC will be used for DkS. I would love for steam mods to kick hackers in the junk on a daily basis.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:24 am

Actually I would love to have them implement an anti-cheat system where if you typed in something in the console something hilarious would happen.
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dannyhugz Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:50 am

bloodpixel wrote:Actually I would love to have them implement an anti-cheat system where if you typed in something in the console something hilarious would happen.

They should make everything in the game proportionate. Allow them to hack but it's like give and take, you may raise your HP to as high a value as you'd like, but your defenses will decrease into the negative so it takes the same amount off your HP bar. Or the more you hack the damage up on your weapon/char the bigger your agro range to monsters, so you log in and everything in the area just makes a mad dash for you and staggers you to death. It would be like April Fool's!

Speaking of April Fool's, I use to play Ragnarok Online, one year for said "holiday" the GMs made all the main towns free-for-all pvp areas but didn't notify the players of said change lol. Chaos ensued.

Mostly being silly but I've been ganked by hackers enough that I'm bitter =/
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Ah the console, I remember how fun that was. Back in JK2: Jedi Outcast, you could access the console. But, depending on how you set up a server you could block some of the access. So there were cheat servers, full of flying Jedi's, teleporting people fighting with lightsabers, it was hilarious. But on a normal server only necessities were allowed, but none of the cheats. The old kicker was always.

"Hey, type in /disco. It turns on disco mode, it's pretty cool looking."

______ has disconnected.

The hilarity.
    BajiBunny
    BajiBunny

Post by BajiBunny Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:23 pm

dannyhugz wrote:
    bloodpixel wrote:Actually I would love to have them implement an anti-cheat system where if you typed in something in the console something hilarious would happen.

They should make everything in the game proportionate. Allow them to hack but it's like give and take, you may raise your HP to as high a value as you'd like, but your defenses will decrease into the negative so it takes the same amount off your HP bar. Or the more you hack the damage up on your weapon/char the bigger your agro range to monsters, so you log in and everything in the area just makes a mad dash for you and staggers you to death. It would be like April Fool's!

Speaking of April Fool's, I use to play Ragnarok Online, one year for said "holiday" the GMs made all the main towns free-for-all pvp areas but didn't notify the players of said change lol. Chaos ensued.

Mostly being silly but I've been ganked by hackers enough that I'm bitter =/

Or if you did tinker the stats, 3 Over Powered Big Hat Logans would come after you wielding keyboards, And your Estus Flasks would be gone...as well as the rest of your stuff. I would love that.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Yeh, something proper hysterical like permadeath.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:35 am