Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+149
Ahhotep1
SlothAlmighty
skarekrow13
Shakie666
Phenetylaminos
HereticForLife
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
diddle
Fayt
GravelordZealot
SATLOS
Mireneye
PhlyingDutchman
jaythibodeau
ChizFreak
Emergence
Sentiel
steveswede
Serafiem
SadPanda
Thuggernaut
StiffNipples
FreeSergey
GenericUsername
DxV04
phastings
DyingAce
chaos4ever181
Buttcheekofdeth
Halicarnassis
vixder/pennywise
bloodpixel
Dessembrae
MrDynogames
morte
Dibsville
ser-john
vegan666
User1
xtal84
garrettegge
Jester's Tears
Z3nMast3r
Rayko
ollebsson
jimmyc0341
Ashran
dragonbeast6
RedderAI
The Once-Ler
Gyonimizotetsu
Slarg232
Acarnatia
Oh_the_Humanity
Shkar
Derpwraith
amaro57
ublug
MrMan
Agent Talon
CaptanSpudsy
Forum Pirate
Sargerus
dormancy
reim0027
ExecutionerTri
MasterofShadows
ComaPrison
ak1287
X-government-agent
bosslugger
Strigoi
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
Infighter
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
Yukon
Qawdz
chuck woolery
Soulbreak
MagisterM
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BartholomewWenceslas
Aevun
>Brave<
Macromute
defacto
Tomhet
Phoenix Rising
Kerberos-013
CaligoIllioneus
sciicers
Back Lot Basher
Seignar
FexDS
carlucio
BIG TIME MASTER
FruitPunchNinja
Zechk
DE5PA1R
callipygias
Forcefed
PlasticandRage
RANT
Rainraey
dianaduh
Frostacar
F3N.R1R
TehInfamousAmos
Onion Knight
Ser Isaac
Major_kenny
Nightmare Moon
Juutas
raecor14
passivefamiliar
Marino.
Ghiblier
bart95
The Letter X
Serious_Much
iGBx
Sal Paradise
Bamjam
new deal
The_Hallion
Dogwelder
Tolvo
Spurgun
hageshisa
mugenis4real
XachAttack
Rarayn
Everynevers
eminusx
LordSolaire
Derpin_Errday
jankenneth_10
Espada Muerta
Argetlam350
Noob-of-Artorias
cloudyeki
Icegodzilla
DoughGuy
Shindori
Anonymous Proxy
153 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 17 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by hageshisa Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:06 am

Wait whaat? Is this true? Was it just a false roumer? =/
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 17 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by ublug Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:42 pm

hageshisa wrote:Wait whaat? Is this true? Was it just a false roumer? =/

Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura are both From Software directors who have never worked on any Capcom title or Monster Hunter game. There is another Tomohiro Shibuya on Mobygames who is a graphic artist at D.A.G., a studio Capcom contracts for graphical work on some of their games. He is not the same person. Both Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura worked extensively on the Another Century's Episode games at From Software. Shibuya is the director of ACE, ACE2, and ACE:R, and one of the producers on ACE3. Tanimura is the lead game designer for ACE and ACE2, and the director of ACE3. He did not work on ACE:R.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504253
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:47 pm

So, I haven't been around much of late and I surely don't want to sift through 27 pages of text for a simple answer so please humor me. Has there been any new information since the first trailer was released? Thanks.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:38 pm

The Once-Ler wrote:So, I haven't been around much of late and I surely don't want to sift through 27 pages of text for a simple answer so please humor me. Has there been any new information since the first trailer was released? Thanks.

Ummm...you are aware that all the new information shared in this thread is added to the original post?
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:45 pm

No I was not. All I saw was 27 pages lol. Thanks, that helped.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:22 pm

The Once-Ler wrote:No I was not. All I saw was 27 pages lol. Thanks, that helped.

Lol haha that's exactly why I created an "all-info so far" thread that updates with new info all the time. I hate to "search" for useful info but I prefer do it myself and save others the work silly
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:57 am

Updated again, with some missing info from the EDGE interview, the Official Xbox Magazine "reposted" the interview and a fellow forum user posted some highlights, among those highlights I found info I missed from the EDGE interview (mainly because the scans from where I got the info had some unreadable parts). Thanks again to Back Lot Basher.

UPDATE 12 January 2013: The Official Xbox Magazine posted some pages with info about Dark Souls II. The info was taken from the same interview posted before made by EDGE. Still, some of the info in the interview was missing, so thanks to this "repost" of the interview I can clarify a few details:

• Bonfires, Blacksmiths, and armor upgrade systems return.
    • World will be of the same size as the original Dark Souls (but as stated in
      previous info, it will be far more detailed and "rich").
    • It seems the punishment against sinful characters will be taken out from Covenants (Darkmoons) and instead will be delivered completely by AI (this is talking about the Executioners mentioned before, the one in the Chariot, they are key enemies in the game and will punish characters that do bad or evil things).
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:24 am

ChizFreak wrote:Updated again, with some missing info from the EDGE interview, the Official Xbox Magazine "reposted" the interview and a fellow forum user posted some highlights, among those highlights I found info I missed from the EDGE interview (mainly because the scans from where I got the info had some unreadable parts). Thanks again to Back Lot Basher.

UPDATE 12 January 2013: The Official Xbox Magazine posted some pages with info about Dark Souls II. The info was taken from the same interview posted before made by EDGE. Still, some of the info in the interview was missing, so thanks to this "repost" of the interview I can clarify a few details:

• It seems the punishment against sinful characters will be taken out from Covenants (Darkmoons) and instead will be delivered completely by AI (this is talking about the Executioners mentioned before, the one in the Chariot, they are key enemies in the game and will punish characters that do bad or evil things).

Awesome!

I cant wait to be punished :affraid:
    I really like the idea of being chased down by executioners on an undead driven chariot. bounce
    I had a strong feelings bonfires would return based on the fact that its the dame world at the same time (not sure if it is the same time, but I thought I read that somewhere.)
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:08 am

Of course, it's always zombies with axes that do the punishing. Always zombies! Why can't it ever be succubi!?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:27 am

ChizFreak wrote:Updated again, with some missing info from the EDGE interview, the Official Xbox Magazine "reposted" the interview and a fellow forum user posted some highlights, among those highlights I found info I missed from the EDGE interview (mainly because the scans from where I got the info had some unreadable parts). Thanks again to Back Lot Basher.

All I can say is...interesting.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:42 pm

Shkar wrote:Of course, it's always zombies with axes that do the punishing. Always zombies! Why can't it ever be succubi!?

Because succubi prefer to do their mischief indirectly. Who says its a zombie? I think it's more like a grim reaper type character.

Just imagine wandering through some unknown area completely silent. In the distance you hear a faint galloping. Then it starts getting louder and louder and louder then you hear the rattling of the chariot, maybe the horses cry. Then out of nowhere he comes barreling towards you with bloodlust in his eyes. One thing and one thing only he is seeking. Your death. This is what I imagine anyways. It actually gives me a reason to want I be evil. I love the idea.

Anyways wouldn't it be interesting if the bonfires suddenly came back IF they went with the dark lord ending. If that is what they do, Maybe those undead type creatures with the glowing orb inside is humanity "bursting" into flames. Could also be use to explain why the bonfires came back. Remember this is only if they go with the dark lord ending for DS2.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Shkar wrote:Of course, it's always zombies with axes that do the punishing. Always zombies! Why can't it ever be succubi!?

I concur, why always zombies. They have to be the most over used enemy type, EVER!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:26 pm

It seems the punishment against sinful characters will be taken out from Covenants (Darkmoons) and instead will be delivered completely by AI (this is talking about the Executioners mentioned before, the one in the Chariot, they are key enemies in the game and will punish characters that do bad or evil things).

..............................lame
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:41 pm

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:

I concur, why always zombies. They have to be the most over used enemy type, EVER!

If you think about it everyone's undead. We are all zombies here. All it says is he's undead.... Just like us. I don't get this zombie talk really. sad
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:47 pm

RedderAI wrote:
    Oh_the_Humanity wrote:

If you think about it everyone's undead. We are all zombies here. All it says is he's undead.... Just like us. I don't get this zombie talk really. sad

I think it was more of a generalization than a literal description.
    But if you were looking at them a certain way, they definitely have zombie like characteristics. But yes, technically they are not zombies.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:20 pm

I don't think anybody got my joke. And I'm not sure I could explain it without breaking several forum rules and/or federal regulations.
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:29 pm

I agree with forum! Its lame that the new "DMs" gonna be AI, totally takes out the fun from killing overleveld SoVs
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:15 pm

hageshisa wrote:I agree with forum! Its lame that the new "DMs" gonna be AI, totally takes out the fun from killing overleveld SoVs

I'm honestly a bit more worried that the NPC's will become too trivial to kill. Granted, the DMB covenant never had a chance at actually STOPPING sins, but they were still an actual threat. NPC's, however, become simple to kill with enough practice if they aren't on a, say, Gwyn level of power.
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Being punished by a succubi woulden`s really be punishment would it silly

Bonfires returning is no big suprice...
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:20 pm

dragonbeast6 wrote:

Being punished by a succubi woulden`s really be punishment would it silly

Bonfires returning is no big suprice...

Well, it's "punishment" of a sort...
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Punisher NPCs are probably gonna be leveled up by the severity of sin. I'm just glad dark moons are gone, hated those over leveled wog-spamming lightsaber derps.
    ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 pm

Juutas wrote:Punisher NPCs are probably gonna be leveled up by the severity of sin. I'm just glad dark moons are gone, hated those over leveled wog-spamming lightsaber derps.

And, while this might be a minority opinion, I share it wholeheartedly.

Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Is the **** that bad? Masochists will love the next Dark Souls even more.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Juutas wrote:Punisher NPCs are probably gonna be leveled up by the severity of sin. I'm just glad dark moons are gone, hated those over leveled wog-spamming lightsaber derps.
    guess what? Wraiths do that too. Don't blame the system, blame the pricks who exploit it (and there are always pricks)
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    guess what? Wraiths do that too. Don't blame the system, blame the pricks who exploit it (and there are always pricks)

Dont hate the Player . Hate the Game 🤡

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:52 pm