Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+149
Ahhotep1
SlothAlmighty
skarekrow13
Shakie666
Phenetylaminos
HereticForLife
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
diddle
Fayt
GravelordZealot
SATLOS
Mireneye
PhlyingDutchman
jaythibodeau
ChizFreak
Emergence
Sentiel
steveswede
Serafiem
SadPanda
Thuggernaut
StiffNipples
FreeSergey
GenericUsername
DxV04
phastings
DyingAce
chaos4ever181
Buttcheekofdeth
Halicarnassis
vixder/pennywise
bloodpixel
Dessembrae
MrDynogames
morte
Dibsville
ser-john
vegan666
User1
xtal84
garrettegge
Jester's Tears
Z3nMast3r
Rayko
ollebsson
jimmyc0341
Ashran
dragonbeast6
RedderAI
The Once-Ler
Gyonimizotetsu
Slarg232
Acarnatia
Oh_the_Humanity
Shkar
Derpwraith
amaro57
ublug
MrMan
Agent Talon
CaptanSpudsy
Forum Pirate
Sargerus
dormancy
reim0027
ExecutionerTri
MasterofShadows
ComaPrison
ak1287
X-government-agent
bosslugger
Strigoi
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
Infighter
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
Yukon
Qawdz
chuck woolery
Soulbreak
MagisterM
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BartholomewWenceslas
Aevun
>Brave<
Macromute
defacto
Tomhet
Phoenix Rising
Kerberos-013
CaligoIllioneus
sciicers
Back Lot Basher
Seignar
FexDS
carlucio
BIG TIME MASTER
FruitPunchNinja
Zechk
DE5PA1R
callipygias
Forcefed
PlasticandRage
RANT
Rainraey
dianaduh
Frostacar
F3N.R1R
TehInfamousAmos
Onion Knight
Ser Isaac
Major_kenny
Nightmare Moon
Juutas
raecor14
passivefamiliar
Marino.
Ghiblier
bart95
The Letter X
Serious_Much
iGBx
Sal Paradise
Bamjam
new deal
The_Hallion
Dogwelder
Tolvo
Spurgun
hageshisa
mugenis4real
XachAttack
Rarayn
Everynevers
eminusx
LordSolaire
Derpin_Errday
jankenneth_10
Espada Muerta
Argetlam350
Noob-of-Artorias
cloudyeki
Icegodzilla
DoughGuy
Shindori
Anonymous Proxy
153 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 21 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by Emergence Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Chiz, mind adding the new Wiki and the Wiki's twitter to the OP? I know I can but thought I would ask out of respect.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 21 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by morte Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:09 pm

Today's what to expect interview said they wanted to get rid of things like the difficulty that "tediousness or pain in the butt aspects and the network."

DOES THIS MEAN NO MORE BOC?! TELL ME THIS MEANS NO MORE BOC! Praise the Sun
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:50 pm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/04/11/dark-souls-2-box-art-revealed-game-for-windows-live-still-a-mystery/

Boxart for ya'll.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:51 pm

I like backtracking =(
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:05 am

"The underlying setting is that you’re afflicted, and that you’re on a journey to free yourself from this curse. Dark Souls
    is unique in the way that we want players to truly recreate themselves
    in the game, to deep dive into who your character actually is, and
    behave in the same way that you would in real life, if one were to
    encounter such challenges.

We haven’t really created any drama; we don’t have a story to tell.
    Instead we try to give the underlying setting and that’s it. We want
    players to role-play and create their own story. You don’t have to go to
    the last boss. It’s more what you want the story to become, by giving
    players the options to adjust the high level settings that we provide."

Now THIS sounds like Dark Souls <3
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:12 am

And this <3

"Dark Souls II has new monsters to fight, a bigger world, more
    customization options, and a refined combat system. You know, the kinds
    of things you would expect from a sequel. FromSoftware added new tricks
    too and these are interesting because they attack player’s senses. Dark Souls II
    will have threats that force players to face phobias like a fear of
    heights and vertigo. FromSoftware also added elements that trick senses
    like auditory hallucinations. Dark Souls had devilish traps and it sounds like they upped the ante with Dark Souls II."
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:58 am

Oh box art was already posted

Last edited by Infighter on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:15 am

Emergence wrote:http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/04/11/dark-souls-2-box-art-revealed-game-for-windows-live-still-a-mystery/

Boxart for ya'll.

Those look so cool... I want that for my desktop.

Anyway I find it strange that not a single question was directed to character creation, but the rest seems awesome.
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:04 am

Ok just curious. After my umpteenth viewing of the Dark souls 2 gameplay I noticed that in the hallway scene where he pisses off that monster he changes the items in his select zone. He switched his Drop Stones of Healing for Drop stones of healing to gliston. Any ideas come to mind about these items? He had only 3 but didn't use them so I'm curious if anyone has any ideas.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:01 pm

http://www.destructoid.com/dark-souls-ii-s-director-talks-freedom-and-accessibility-251275.phtml
    http://gamingbolt.com/dark-souls-2-qa-new-information-on-combat-theme-and-graphics
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Juutas wrote:And this <3

"Dark Souls II has new monsters to fight, a bigger world, more
    customization options, and a refined combat system. You know, the kinds
    of things you would expect from a sequel. FromSoftware added new tricks
    too and these are interesting because they attack player’s senses. Dark Souls II
    will have threats that force players to face phobias like a fear of
    heights and vertigo. FromSoftware also added elements that trick senses
    like auditory hallucinations. Dark Souls had devilish traps and it sounds like they upped the ante with Dark Souls II."

I am soooooo ready to die.

Over, and over, and over again!
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:35 pm

New shield design contest for dark souls 2, but japanese only (at least for now).
    http://www.darksouls.jp/shield-design/
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Please let us know if us pale skinned devils get a chance to submit our art!
    Dessembrae
    Dessembrae

Post by Dessembrae Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:57 pm

Box art already? It looks really nice
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Has anybody else heard about the warping from the start part of the game?

http://www.destructoid.com/dark-souls-ii-s-director-talks-freedom-and-accessibility-251275.phtml

This concerns me, as one of the key aspects of the game was that you have to choose to be very careful in the game and you were punished for taking overly long trips outside your immediate area. If you can just warp there is no more danger in traveling! It made sense in the second half of Dark Souls, but not so much now that we're starting from the beginning of the game with it, not unless there is a truly massive world, at least double the size of Dark Souls.
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Perhaps while we will be able to warp from area to area in the beginning he did mention specific bonfires. Perhaps unlike the first game we won't have 13 warp points. Maybe only 4-5. Also now it could be costly to warp from location to location? They could punish us in some way for trying to do the easy way?
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:40 pm

MrDynogames wrote:Ok just curious. After my umpteenth viewing of the Dark souls 2 gameplay I noticed that in the hallway scene where he pisses off that monster he changes the items in his select zone. He switched his Drop Stones of Healing for Drop stones of healing to gliston. Any ideas come to mind about these items? He had only 3 but didn't use them so I'm curious if anyone has any ideas.

My guess is that one recharges health, the drop stone, while the other either does that, cures status ailments or restores stamina. Maybe it acts as a re generator for a limited time, though. Just based on the idea of glistening relating to cleanliness and light, which indicates energy and being in a good state.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:39 pm

GUYS, CHECK THIS.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538500

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:46 pm

MrDynogames wrote:Perhaps while we will be able to warp from area to area in the beginning he did mention specific bonfires. Perhaps unlike the first game we won't have 13 warp points. Maybe only 4-5. Also now it could be costly to warp from location to location? They could punish us in some way for trying to do the easy way?
    I think dark souls was originally inteneded to have a warp ability from one firekeeper bonfire to another without the lordvessel. To warp back to firelink from quelaags domain or anor londo would not have a big impact on the game, but being able to warp from any bonfire to any other sounds a bit much.
    It could also be their soloution to backtracking if the levels are more linear (like demons souls), where shortcuts weren't an option because of the layout.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:50 pm

Ashran wrote:GUYS, CHECK THIS.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538500

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

I like the fact that we will be able to warp from the beginning of the game. It will make backtracking/travelling/farming far less of a hassle.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:48 am

Hey this is interesting! She talks about some content carrying on from Dark Souls to Dark Souls 2 via savefiles!!!! :o that would be awesome~
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Ok if they give me the option of carrying over my previous character then I am not using it. I do not want a SL120 at the start of the game with all +15 and +5 armor/weapons. I would gladly delete my character if I could not start without them.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Aw yiss.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Wanderer set is returning? That's all I needed to know!
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:36 pm

That's the part I'm curious about. If we can transfer over saves are those Dark souls armors actually available in the game or were they transfered in?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:00 am