Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Enigma5991
evertuy
Dalampslayer
FruitPunchNinja
Bamjam
lextune
ViralEnsign_
HavocDrive2600
cloudyeki
Forum Pirate
Spakulator
roanispe
Spurgun
Uparkaam
Yesuurd
barecanvas
Railage
DanielCdable
CrackSouls
Grey-Ronin
Tolvo
WyrmHero
User
Gravelord hunter
bloodpixel
The Prime
Imarreteet23
GrEeNgObLiN
RANT
Serious_Much
reim0027
peaceful_sabre
36 posters

Whats your most favourite weapon for PvP?

peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Whats your most favourite weapon for PvP? Empty Whats your most favourite weapon for PvP?

Post by peaceful_sabre Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:37 pm

I wanna know what you prefer to use in PvP and why. it'll help give me and anyone else who reads this ideas on what to use. So......what is it and why?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Whats your most favourite weapon for PvP? Empty Re: Whats your most favourite weapon for PvP?

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Right now, it is the Estoc. Low stat requirements, light, fast, and the parries are way powerful. I also keep a Great Scythe in my R2 slot. I use it for turtles and people with dead angle attacks (like the Murakumo).
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Whats your most favourite weapon for PvP? Empty Re: Whats your most favourite weapon for PvP?

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:49 pm

A buffed Balder side sword. Fast, good reach, 1H moveset is great, and with the buff, devastating.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:59 pm

right now it's a tie between the DGM and MSGS, the dgm has awesome reach and i love the rolling poke attack and i usually kill people with two or three hits, it's kinda slow you you have to pick your shots. the msgs on the other hand is like a mini dgm to me, it's fast hits hard and has a great move set, i wish it had more reach though, other than that i think it's perfect.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:05 pm

reim0027 wrote:Right now, it is the Estoc. Low stat requirements, light, fast, and the parries are way powerful. I also keep a Great Scythe in my R2 slot. I use it for turtles and people with dead angle attacks (like the Murakumo).

Really Reim? As backup?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Yes. I currently have a parry fetish, so the GScythe doesn't do it for me. But, and Estoc is crap for turtles. That's where the GScythe shines.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:09 pm

reim0027 wrote:Yes. I currently have a parry fetish

you're not one of THOSE people are you? :roll: lol!
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:11 pm

I got my doubts Serious
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Hmm. Prolly yes. Have you seen how much I lose because of failed parries? I'm certainly in obsessive stage and on my way to Fetish.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:18 pm

Painting gaurdian sword, awwwww yeahhhhhh. Not even a cosplay build, just a regular dex build. When im in a parrying mood i use bandits knife and target shield. Woot woot.
    The Prime
    The Prime

Post by The Prime Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Notched whip. It's a whip:face: . As little damage as it deals against an opponent with their shield up it still does damage plus bleed. Buff or modify. I use it in my left hand with any light weapon in the right. Catches people off guard when they try to parry it.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Rapier or BSS.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Mine still Great Scythe and Claws
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Not surprised, G.
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 pm

People have been asking this question since the game first came, I believe the reason for this is that majority of people will search the webs for what they deem to be "most OP" or greatest weapon for X tactic. Once they find their answer they quickly start taking interest in said weapon however they quickly learn that they have trouble with weapon and will therefore seek more information on forums such as these. While i in no way think seeking information is a bad thing especially in a game as vast as darksouls, I do however think that when your tryna find a new powerful weapon to use that you shouldn't be trying to find the strongest or the fastest or the most BS dmg (we all know i <3 BS) but rather you should find a bunch and try them out in different situations maybe make a few pvp builds revolving around said weapon (using the BB glitch). This way you're not trying to become cheap and OP but rather your trying to find a weapon you are comfortable with and can eventually through practice learn to master. In my case I have used a huge number of weapons creating many pvp ults. However recently I made my infamously know (not really) character Noxus who uses the gravelord sword, when i first read about the sword all i saw was bad reviews because of the weapons scaling however i persevered determined to make it a weapon worth while. Now a days when I pvp I may not always win but I'm sure my enemies are atleasts shaking in their boots while tryna roll away from the death that follows with each of my swings. I found a weapon I liked originally just for the looks and I spend hours perfecting it and learning its strengths and weaknesses. And i may not be the best but I atleast feel proud dueling somone, and the swings the gravelord sword make IMO look very majestic (iono if thats the right word). SO TO SUM UP incase you didnt wanna read all ^ try out weapons you think could be cool/fun in reality every weapon in the game is viable hell if you wanted 2 us your fist you could just roll dragon mode and fist *** people in their $#%& but i digress find a weapon you like master it than laugh at the carebears who run around use the black knight *** axes. Its alot more fun that way...
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:41 pm

Yeah i cant take distance of it but im also practicing with my Clay... Also beginning to handle it at the right moments
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Demon Great Hammer, Man-Eater Greatsword... It seems I am finding a new respect to Crystal Greatswords. Planning to buff em with Sunlight and see what it will look like. As the crystals emit stuff brightly as phantom and in certain areas, I can say that it will be 'shiney shiney'.

I bought about, what, 12 crystal Greatswords and 5 crystal shields. Only one ever reached close to zero, and I dropped it to give to other Greatsword user. I have to thank my friend for giving me the ring from shiva, otherwise I would have spent countless souls to have as many swords as possible. Thanks.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:46 am

My god man, use some paragraphing in that wall of text :shock:
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:59 am

OMG Gravelord you sure like to write LOL! Im trying the Lifehunt Scythe right now and I LOVE the Dashing R1 two handed attack.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:30 am

Murakumo. High Damage, Large Arcs, Dead Angling, Stun Lock, great Move set. What's not to love?
    Grey-Ronin
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Grey-Ronin Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:47 am

I have to give my love to the Murakumo as well. Such a good weapon for so many different situations. I first started PvP with the Man Serpent Great Sword and really liked it back in the day before the current update when every Joe and his dog was using the fog ring. I've been really enjoying my Velka's rapier on my pure spell caster though. Rapier running attacks are awesome.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:42 am

Since very early on the Great Scythe has been my favourite. But now that I see it often, and I've been using it so long, I'm starting to look at other options.

On that note I've been tinkering with the DGM and phew... what a great weapon if you have the timing for it. I appreciate the suggestion, Rant.
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:49 am

What are paragraphs? I kid I kid, I know I'm stupid up here in canada we go to school in igloos sooo its often way too cold to go to school. sad Thanks for all the hate. Also i'm glad you found a weapon you like Wyrm message me if you ever wanna duel me on psn: touchtouchy
    DanielCdable
    DanielCdable
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DanielCdable Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:50 am

Rapier,and Richards Rapier.

Rapier for its 2-handed R2 attack. I just love it.

R-Rapiers R2 = Hyper-active pokes. Combine that with DMB and...*drools*
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:04 am

GLGS.. I love it, it needs a bit of a buff, but it looks so cool.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:35 pm