Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Enigma5991
evertuy
Dalampslayer
FruitPunchNinja
Bamjam
lextune
ViralEnsign_
HavocDrive2600
cloudyeki
Forum Pirate
Spakulator
roanispe
Spurgun
Uparkaam
Yesuurd
barecanvas
Railage
DanielCdable
CrackSouls
Grey-Ronin
Tolvo
WyrmHero
User
Gravelord hunter
bloodpixel
The Prime
Imarreteet23
GrEeNgObLiN
RANT
Serious_Much
reim0027
peaceful_sabre
36 posters

Whats your most favourite weapon for PvP?

barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Whats your most favourite weapon for PvP? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whats your most favourite weapon for PvP?

Post by barecanvas Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:33 am

The halberd is such a good weapon for its 2H R2 attacks against somebody who thinks they can get an easy BS because of the halberds awkward R1 moveset. The silverknight sword also has an awesome R2 attack
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Whats your most favourite weapon for PvP? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whats your most favourite weapon for PvP?

Post by peaceful_sabre Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:44 pm

Gravelord hunter> i understand where your coming from with looking for the best weapons. i do kinder do this but only to a small extent i feel. i am i guy who will at times what to sort things out as soon as he can(efficiently). i only play my xbox weekends(holidays are dif) so when im not playing i'd like to here other opinions.

i don't just go with what others say; they give me ideas. i'll try out the weps, won't always use them(e.g. sythes)

Weapons i currently use are:
    >lightening washing pole
    >marakuma
    >used to use qulaaq Furysword
    >sometimes use schiemek(or whatever its called) lightening

i use the washing pole most but hate that it does(feels like) little damage, specially in BS's doing bout 400-500

As i said earlier i like to hear opinions when im not playing. i will prob try marakuma agin with my latest build, may try clubs, e.t.c

Asking for opinions are helpful to get ideas and spead up completion of 'jobs' with what time you have

P.s. not fond of the nitos sword + plz can you use full names for weps, im not sure what you all are trying to get at at times.

Thank you

Last edited by peaceful_sabre on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:46 pm

hmm....what would mine be?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:03 pm

I'll have to go with either darksword or barbed straight sword. I think I'm leaning more towards darksword. I know they're not the most effective weapons out there, but I don't care.
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Often times people use lingo when their talking about items in game to save time i guess I do remember seeing somewhere a thread which outlined most lingo used ill give you a few examples of most commonly abbreviated weapons

DGM = demon great machete
    BK___ = black knight w.e (BKGA is black knight great axe)
    GC = Great club
    MGS = moonlight greatsword
    DWGR = darkwood grain ring
    RoFP = ring of favour and protection
    I know their are many others but thats all I could think of for now if you have trouble with any others post them or try to figure them out yourselves often times they are simple and just require a little thought
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:12 pm

peaceful_sabre wrote:Gravelord hunter> i understand where your coming from with looking for the best weapons. i do kinder do this but only to a small extent i feel. i am i guy who will at times what to sort things out as soon as he can(efficiently). i only play my xbox weekends(holidays are dif) so when im not playing i'd like to here other opinions.

i don't just go with what others say; they give me ideas. i'll try out the weps, won't always use them(e.g. sythes)

Weapons i currently use are:
    >lightening washing pole
    >marakuma
    >used to use qulaaq Furysword
    >sometimes use schiemek(or whatever its called) lightening

i use the washing pole most but hate that it does(feels like) little damage, specially in BB's doing bout 400-500

As i said earlier i like to hear opinions when im not playing. i will prob try marakuma agin with my latest build, may try clubs, e.t.c

Asking for opinions are helpful to get ideas and spead up completion of 'jobs' with what time you have

P.s. not fond of the nitos sword + plz can you use full names for weps, im not sure what you all are trying to get at at times.

Thank you

it does little damge cause youre using crappy elemental weapons, theyre good for low sl but not sl 120, upgrade it to +15 and buff it.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:45 pm

i seem to like anything that has good range, the silver knight spear is one of my favorites and the GS comes after that.
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:40 pm

Ask Wyrm what he thinks of facing a gravelord sword we had a few good fights today however he was wearing little to no armor so was pretty easy 2 stun lock him other heavier targets prove more challenging to me
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:26 pm

My favourite weapons for PvP are the Silver Knight Spear, Demon Spear, and the Pike.

The move set of the Silver Knight Spear is the best of any spear, in my opinion, with the R2 attack in both 1h and 2h being great. However, its low damage has me using the Demon Spear more often. It's R2 I haven't found much use for in a duel but, it will catch someone fleeing. In between is the Pike (I use +15), which has alright damage and an alright move set. The running move of the Pike might have a use if I used a magic buff (it hits a ton of times IF you do hit) but, since I don't it is pretty crappy.

I make too many mistakes during a PvP match by being trigger-happy, so I like to use weapons that have long range to poke. Every time I do make a mistake, it can't be punished as hard as if I used, say, a halberd. When I do use a weapon other than a spear (Claymore comes to mind), it ends up being used as facsimile (Roll n' poke).

Last edited by roanispe on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Roanispe has the right idea find weapons that work for you. figure out what you have most difficulty with/against and chose a weapon that reflects that. Because I love BS i like to use gravelord sword as the R1 attack will often hit people who are trying to BS me and will negate the damage. Just one of the many perks the other being dung bombs *splat*
    Spakulator
    Spakulator

Post by Spakulator Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:13 pm

My main is a INT build and I use the Moonlight Great Sword mostly. I know it has been overused, but it is a good weapon to use with high INT and if you fight someone with light armor you can stunlock them easily for the win. The R2 attack is decent when they are backpeddling.

I also use the Fire Great Scythe +10. Massive damage on contact with lightly armored foes.

My 3rd I mess around with is my fully upgraded Enchanted Winged Spear. Poke 'em to death behind the shield!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:16 pm

After my mentally scarring experience in fight club, definitely NOT the chaos blade lol!

(it's still my favourite weapon though, it's so cool)
    Spakulator
    Spakulator

Post by Spakulator Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:24 pm

I like the Chaos Blade as well. I have never won a match with it yet. I still try every once in a while.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Iaito. Its irritatingly short but its fast and dead angels well so its tough to parry. its also crazy dangerous with dmb. I've heard arguments that the bss is better but i'm not a fan of the move set.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:27 pm

Spakulator wrote:I like the Chaos Blade as well. I have never won a match with it yet. I still try every once in a while.

I won like one or two matches, but those were relying heavily on the Pyro side of the build. The chaos blade did less than half the damage each time I won with it :|
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:31 am

You know, not to be a grammar Nazi, but isn't just favorite not most favorite?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:11 am

I'm most comfortable with the movesets from the scythe, g halberd, and titanite catch pole. I guess the bkh as well but I haven't the chance to snag one. I'm using a +15 gargoyle halberd I got on my first try at the bell gargoyles and have never gone without it since.

And I love it when someone who doesn't know the 'feel' tries using the bkh against me, makes it all the sweeter to smash their face in. If you wanna figure out the best weapon, experiment with every moveset you can till you find one that clicks. I'm working on using velka's rapier, and I still feel that a catch pole would be better weapon over that.
    HavocDrive2600
    HavocDrive2600

Post by HavocDrive2600 Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:20 am

BKGA(Yes, I know very cliche), MLGS(Shooting beams at people never gets old), Washing Pole(So I can feel like Sephiroth >.>)
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:24 am

bloodpixel wrote:You know, not to be a grammar Nazi, but isn't just favorite not most favorite?

Dammit I was going to point that out. I also love the irony of correcting gramar with a gramatically incorrect sentence.cheers big grin cheers lol!

Anywho my fav is the simple katana (yeah this guys a katana lovin fool like the rest of them big grin ) Well no sir I dont simply use one i use four. Two buffable in the Left and right respectively and a further two occult plus fives.

It scares the hell outta people when my katanas suddenly change length and moveset and element.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Iaito. Its irritatingly short but its fast and dead angels well so its tough to parry. its also crazy dangerous with dmb. I've heard arguments that the bss is better but i'm not a fan of the move set.

My 3 Darkwraiths all use the Iaito, (Anor, Demon Ruins, Tomb). I have a very high win rate with it.

I have a Faith build that uses the Great Scythe mostly, a sunbro that wields the Claymore, and a Dragon that uses the MSGS, Dragon GA and Demon's GA, (a glass cannon if ever there was one).

Any weapon can be effective once you get to know it. I used to think I could never win a duel with a bigger, slow, weapon before my Dragon, but I have started to turn that corner, (35/65 or so I'd guess).
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:17 pm

Im using the Greatlord sword atm and its pretty good for forest hunting as i havent met much people there that know how to parry happy.

If i meet a guy that knows how to parry i pull out my ricards rapier +14, its pretty beast cuz im at 40 dex so nice dmg.

Im working on upgrading my murakumo now, its +10 and almost does more damage already than my greatlord sword, im a forest hunter so i dont plan to stay at lvl 120. i just keep leveling if i got enough souls for it. im at 28str now with 40 dex so its also a nice damage buff for the greatlord sword.

Also im working on getting 30 faith so i can put a slb buff on my murakumo silly
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:41 pm

just wondering how does the mechanics work with the forest hunter covonant? lv wise i mean.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:55 pm

In the forest the hunters can be any level. So if you're sl120, you can end up fighting a sl60 hunter, or a sl700 hunter.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:49 pm

my favorite weapons are balder ss,uchi,claymore. i love 16str14dex vit/end builds big grin
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:44 pm

I'm starting to like the GScythe. So, I carry it in my second slot. Estoc is my main. GScythe for shields or finishing opponents off. I took out a Flask spammer last night with >R2, >R2, >R2. I bet it shocked him that I did so much damage while he was flasking! He probably thought he was safe, because his back was toward the wall.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am