Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
twilightwarwolf
Wilkinson3424
ThatPerson
KillerMisery
Hoshizoku
Darksomething56
vatar5
Serious_Much
menzinho
Tristan
SunlightCrusader
DoughGuy
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
19 posters

The Knights Successor, Inheritors of the Flame

Hoshizoku
    Hoshizoku
    Regular
    Regular

The Knights Successor, Inheritors of the Flame - Page 5 Empty Re: The Knights Successor, Inheritors of the Flame

Post by Hoshizoku Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Spoiler:
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

The Knights Successor, Inheritors of the Flame - Page 5 Empty Re: The Knights Successor, Inheritors of the Flame

Post by menzinho Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Don't make statements as if they were absolute truth, pisses me off

Let me ask, how come Orns spear chugs lightning? and have FAITH modifiers? so does Artys sword, and he has a HOLY talisman who dispels dark magic, the only knights without any faith involved, are Ciaran (who uses Lloyds talisman btw) and Gough (this one seriously don't use any faith at all)
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:32 pm

menzinho wrote:faith for the same reasons a Orns build takes faith, i mean Arty was a servant of the gods nonetheless, so he'd have faith in his gods (to use sunlight warrior miracles and cast light, he needed the damn light to traverse the damn abyss XD)

idk man to me the ROFAP is a trap just like drake sword, you become completely dependent of it once you put it on for the first time, i personally don't like to use it, but it's your build just pointing my opinion here XD

Personally I'd be agains giving Arty any secondary stats.....
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:47 pm

menzinho wrote:Don't make statements as if they were absolute truth, pisses me off

Let me ask, how come Orns spear chugs lightning? and have FAITH modifiers? so does Artys sword, and he has a HOLY talisman who dispels dark magic, the only knights without any faith involved, are Ciaran (who uses Lloyds talisman btw) and Gough (this one seriously don't use any faith at all)

Also Hoshi isnt making this statement without proof. None of the Four Knights display magical or miracle aptitude within the game.

We can assume they may have the capacity to do it. But Hoshi is taking a hardline for himself and limiting what his toons can do.

Paragons for example can only use what the characters in the games display as actual sklls.

But both of you opinions on what artorias would have been like when human/ normal are both valid.
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:23 pm

I'd say Arty and Orns do display in-game magical/miracle aptitude

Spoiler:
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:04 am

I dont think the
    Spoiler:

Additionally we dont know whether or not that Faith Characteristic governs ones ability to make use of miracles or one devotion to the gods and thus the gods willingness to let individuals use miracles. So while Ornstiena and Artorias have Faith Scaling on thier weapons that may only represent aspects of thier character and doesnt give us and indication as to whether or not they actually bothered to learn the magic and miracles present int Dark SOuls.

But it up to you. The whole point of this covenant is for people to experiment with builds, find what cosplays and combinations they like and then go out an duel other player and other members.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:22 am

Spoiler:

As Viral said the individual may use his interpretation of his/her knight but as paragons him, I, and whoever else fills the other two spots must emulate based only on what we know for sure of them. As such no magic is used by us because none of them display a confirmed aptitude for magic beyond that of their equipment. You however are free to use your interpretation unless you become a paragon. No need for this to get heated or for any form of argument to take place.
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:44 pm

i give up...
    Hoshizoku
    Hoshizoku
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hoshizoku Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:11 pm

You don't have to. You can play your artorias toon however you want.
    im sry if i sounded like trying to force you my opinion on. Its just for me that he dosnt use magic. it would be boring if everyone wld have the same build anyway.. im already seeing some guild intern arena fights big grin
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:49 pm

it's cool bro, this is not a lore discussion after all, anyways i have no intention of having more than 20 faith in my arty build, more or less like an Oolacile build with great lightning spear and custom armor, cast light and GLS ftw, now a question, if i join a covenant now, and when the DLC is out i want to join this one, is it ok or?
    Hoshizoku
    Hoshizoku
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hoshizoku Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:51 pm

you can join multiple covs.. you just need a char for each happy
    Im also in the NK (boss cov) and may join this one
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:56 pm

NK?
    Hoshizoku
    Hoshizoku
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hoshizoku Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:58 pm

I cld also use a flame an power within..
    Spoiler:
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Hey Viral the bracket is 51-100 based on what I have seen so we should just bump the first sl up to 100. Also since the next bracket is from 101 to like 200 and something we should just make the top level an even 150.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Consider it done. Any other changes I should know of Sun or Hoshi?
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:09 pm

watchu guys talking about ^^
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Just about the current PvP and arena brackets. Since Killer Misery, who also wants to make a Four Knights Cov would like a PvP focus, we are discussing the DLC's PvP meta level and what it could be on console.
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:51 pm

shame the char i have is already around lvl 320, i wanted to use that one, but i guess i'll have to start over... XC i hate starting over... bleh... but it will be worth it ^^
    KillerMisery
    KillerMisery
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by KillerMisery Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Ive done quiet a great amount on the dlc and as far as the arena goes id have to say that the best all around lvl would have to be 150 and no higher.

the brackets appear to be 50-100 then 101-150 then 151-200 and 201+. btw hi XD
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:10 pm

I'll try an Hawkeye build END/STR/DEX so I can wield the giant's armor so at DLC release,I will join the squad I like the most XD(Got Ciaran/Artorias characters ready for DLC)
    ThatPerson
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ThatPerson Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:30 am

Viral doesnt like Faith/DEX builds for Ciaran, but does he like int/dex?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:48 am

I dont like mages.......

But I dont really dislike any builds..... im making an dex fth now for a Carim Knights.
    ThatPerson
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ThatPerson Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:05 am

I dunno, I can see Cairan using spells like Chameleon, Hidden Weapon and Body.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:21 am

Yeah my Ciaran has 16 INT which is enough to use the spells.... but as Im here paragon I cant use those spells!
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:52 am

Well...you can always leave your Paragon chair to someone else...like me just sayin' The Knights Successor, Inheritors of the Flame - Page 5 Smiley
    Political war FTW!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 pm