Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
twilightwarwolf
Wilkinson3424
ThatPerson
KillerMisery
Hoshizoku
Darksomething56
vatar5
Serious_Much
menzinho
Tristan
SunlightCrusader
DoughGuy
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
19 posters

The Knights Successor, Inheritors of the Flame

SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Knights Successor, Inheritors of the Flame - Page 4 Empty Re: The Knights Successor, Inheritors of the Flame

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:12 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:You see sun is my other half.

cheers

Just answering based on what we had discussed before. Though I'm a bit biased on the Artorias bit. I do try though.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Knights Successor, Inheritors of the Flame - Page 4 Empty Re: The Knights Successor, Inheritors of the Flame

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:14 am

Just as I am for Ciaran! Plus I wont tolerate any Ciaran Dex Faith builds. Its isnt right it isnt natural, its an abomination.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:18 am

Just as Artorias should have no attunement even if he does have the int and faith to use magic. He is a warrior not some craven caster!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:31 am

SunlightCrusader wrote:Just as Artorias should have no attunement even if he does have the int and faith to use magic. He is a warrior not some craven caster!

Finally some one shares my magehate!
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:51 pm

*rise a little hand*

Uuuuh...but the Knight's Successors are successors of Ciarin and Artorias(+Ornstein and Cough) right?So they can be "better" than the one they succeed by being good at other things too,like Vinheim Assassins who decides to follow Ciarin's principles.
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:53 pm

yo sun, we're Arty bros! yea, lets redeem the most awesome dude in Dark Souls lore by kicking all DW we find and invading the abyss with the fury of a thousand suns!
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:26 pm

menzinho wrote:yo sun, we're Arty bros! yea, lets redeem the most awesome dude in Dark Souls lore by kicking all DW we find and invading the abyss with the fury of a thousand suns!

Hell yeah!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:16 pm

vatar5 wrote:*rise a little hand*

Uuuuh...but the Knight's Successors are successors of Ciarin and Artorias(+Ornstein and Cough) right?So they can be "better" than the one they succeed by being good at other things too,like Vinheim Assassins who decides to follow Ciarin's principles.

Curse you for making a logical statement that I cannot refute.

Though tbh the who anti dex fth ciaran would just be a personal pet peeve rather and something that we disallow.big grin
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:30 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    vatar5 wrote:*rise a little hand*

Curse you for making a logical statement that I cannot refute.

Though tbh the who anti dex fth ciaran would just be a personal pet peeve rather and something that we disallow.big grin

Everybody should be allowed their own interpretation of the knights. Some may believe that Artorias should have some basic miracles whereas I don't. It really comes down to how you view them.
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:02 am

Arty with miracles? LIKE HELL NO, hes the kind of guy that mans up every little damn thing to the bone! good 'ol sword and shield is all the guy need (and a bit of cast light, but to that we'll come later XD) and if he had followers they would definitely try to follow their patron's and matron steps, never changing them, improving a bit yes, but maintaining the legacy ALIVE (by not staining it with sorcery and miracle, cuz that is bull****)
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:33 am

I wouldnt say that any Lord's Blade wouldnt be allowed to make thier builds as they please but Dex Fth is so tacky and lame that it would just ruin her coolest
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:36 am

menzinho wrote:Arty with miracles? LIKE HELL NO, hes the kind of guy that mans up every little damn thing to the bone! good 'ol sword and shield is all the guy need (and a bit of cast light, but to that we'll come later XD) and if he had followers they would definitely try to follow their patron's and matron steps, never changing them, improving a bit yes, but maintaining the legacy ALIVE (by not staining it with sorcery and miracle, cuz that is bull****)

Thats my view too but we should allow some freedom in knight design here. Also vatar offered sound reasoning for why it should be allowed. I for one will be keeping to the pure warrior style but that doesn't mean others have to. Though perhaps it should be encouraged.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:39 am

Yeah I know. Still gotta hate them faith builds
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:32 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Yeah I know. Still gotta hate them faith builds

Is there even a point on making Faith/Dex build?(Except for Lautrec,he's too awesome Prostration )
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:41 am

There is just something about this guy that says he will be the best Successor we have available to us!
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:23 pm

i guess a dex/faith would be useful only for the sunlight blade buff and the darkmoon blade buff(whitch can easily be traded by crystal magic weapon), the rest... meh

also i say that the armor should have restrictions but not ONLY to the sets of respective patrons and matron, for example, the Arty's bros, should be allowed to wear only black armor, since they are sad XD
    Darksomething56
    Darksomething56
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Darksomething56 Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:00 am

Well one question will hawk eyes be able to use secondary weapons like curved swords or small weps? if not i think ima head to artorias build then
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:54 am

Sure the Hawkeyes can use secondary weapons. Just not big massive ones..... though making thenm archer STR hybrid could also be interesting
    Darksomething56
    Darksomething56
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Darksomething56 Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:12 pm

I then elect myself as paragon for hawkeyes! if that wouldn't be any trouble
    Hoshizoku
    Hoshizoku
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hoshizoku Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:43 pm

i'd join as an abysswalker/of the abyss (since i emulate the already gone mad artorias)

here's the build, contains the new gear an weaps so dont look if you are scared for spoilers
    http://tinyurl.com/9q2zcsq
    or with wolf ring
    http://tinyurl.com/8llem7s

Spoiler:
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:21 pm

in those builds i'd change the ROFAP to the wolf ring and put on a little bit more on faith but the rest is pretty good
    Hoshizoku
    Hoshizoku
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hoshizoku Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Why faith?
    Spoiler:
    without rofap no fast roll in build 1. an rofap is just a great end an hp boost you need without shield.
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:36 pm

faith for the same reasons a Orns build takes faith, i mean Arty was a servant of the gods nonetheless, so he'd have faith in his gods (to use sunlight warrior miracles and cast light, he needed the damn light to traverse the damn abyss XD)

idk man to me the ROFAP is a trap just like drake sword, you become completely dependent of it once you put it on for the first time, i personally don't like to use it, but it's your build just pointing my opinion here XD
    Hoshizoku
    Hoshizoku
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hoshizoku Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:42 pm

There's no miracle based light, an the magic one only need 14 int silly
    artorias dosnt really use any magic an even the one i use is more or less just a thing to have at least one ranged attack
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:50 pm

yeah but there is wrath of gods based miracle, and for pvp just Dark Bed won't be enough, pop that att to 12 and bash in some wrath of gods and soothing sunlight/sunlight spear/ tranquil walk of peace/ karmic justice/ whatever you feel like

just seems to me a Arty build needs some miracles, since he was a knight of the gods like all others

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:38 am