Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
suvorovsorprana
ssss_2_is_pwnage
Dante_000
Marino.
Rynn
CaligoIllioneus
Veradox
Fotitudo
McPenor
H3adShotty
Revoltage
callipygias
Parsify
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
roanispe
XuitusTheGreat
n0rain
Ghadis_God
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
CaptanSpudsy
omega Elf
XachAttack
ICEFANG
ChizFreak
Seignar
Jansports
bloodpixel
Spurgun
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Uparkaam
OrnsteinBro
36 posters

Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers] - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

Post by OrnsteinBro Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:32 pm

CaptanSpudsy wrote:I heard that you could roll through them and they'd crash into the ground. I have no clue if it works because my PC sucks.

I tried, man, but I couldn't get the timing right. It's like those phantom great chaos fireball hits when you dodge on your screen but they've already hit you on their screen and so you get hit by some invisible attack and lose the hp anyway.

Ghadis_God wrote:Dear God that sounds cheap. I would try to tank them with a high stability shield, unlocked and facing the pursuers rather than the caster. If I was a mage build I would do some CSS punishment while they were casting.

It goes through shields, and I have a feeling it dead angles since it tracks sideways.

I killed a guy through his Artorias shield with a combination of pursuers and dark bead (actually, he may have been using a cleansing greatshield, lol. I couldn't see because Dark Anor Londo was too shadowy). He pulled out his DSS and tried to turtle, the spell was like lolno and he went down in under 5 seconds.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers] - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

Post by XuitusTheGreat Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:49 pm

wow o-o....does magic barrier work at all?
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:04 pm

Actually, after looking at one of sansvie's vids, GMB does work- and very well at that. I suppose it's time to add that miracle to my arsenal.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:10 pm

The lagshot effect happens occasionally, and it is very nasty when it occurs. Something else to note is that viable does not imply overpowered. When Pursuers went through the wall for you, I am sure that was a laggy match, as I have seen first hand that it will crash into a wall, and detonate harmlessly. As well, the new dueling PvP arena does in fact feature pillars around the map that would greatly aid with dodging this spell. Not only that, it has an almost Fire Tempest casting time, so you can certainly pull out a bow in time to knock at least one arrow, if not land a running attack with current weapon.

While it is true that this spell will be very powerful in flat places like the Burg, there are more places to PvP than just there. I personally expect a rise of people that will start going to the Butterfly Forest instead, but that depends on how well the arena itself takes off.

Pursuers does not automatically go through shields, but it does do a fair bit of stamina damage.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:16 pm

roanispe wrote:The lagshot effect happens occasionally, and it is very nasty when it occurs. Something else to note is that viable does not imply overpowered. When Pursuers went through the wall for you, I am sure that was a laggy match, as I have seen first hand that it will crash into a wall, and detonate harmlessly. As well, the new dueling PvP arena does in fact feature pillars around the map that would greatly aid with dodging this spell. Not only that, it has an almost Fire Tempest casting time, so you can certainly pull out a bow in time to knock at least one arrow, if not land a running attack with current weapon.

While it is true that this spell will be very powerful in flat places like the Burg, there are more places to PvP than just there. I personally expect a rise of people that will start going to the Butterfly Forest instead, but that depends on how well the arena itself takes off.

Pursuers does not automatically go through shields, but it does do a fair bit of stamina damage.

idk I rock max stamina and a GSoA so just curious of slowly backing up and taking the hit would be a safe way to deal with it cause lord knows the CSS is just like **** you and ur shield and hurts like a mother
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:25 pm

roanispe wrote:The lagshot effect happens occasionally, and it is very nasty when it occurs. Something else to note is that viable does not imply overpowered. When Pursuers went through the wall for you, I am sure that was a laggy match, as I have seen first hand that it will crash into a wall, and detonate harmlessly. As well, the new dueling PvP arena does in fact feature pillars around the map that would greatly aid with dodging this spell. Not only that, it has an almost Fire Tempest casting time, so you can certainly pull out a bow in time to knock at least one arrow, if not land a running attack with current weapon.

No, i am certain it goes through shields. It hit me for the full damage when i was blocking with crest (although i suspect it may have dead angled me as it hit sideways). And i wiped 1250 hp off of the guy with the artorias greatshield with it while his shield was up (i finished him off with dark bead).

Also yes, i've seen it hit pillars harmlessly a few times now after using it extensively, but if you chase the opponent around the pillar it will circle and hit them. Very little effort is required on your part and it puts tremendous pressure on them to evade since it does so much damage.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:55 pm

OrnsteinBro wrote:No, i am certain it goes through shields. It hit me for the full damage when i was blocking with crest (although i suspect it may have dead angled me as it hit sideways). And i wiped 1250 hp off of the guy with the artorias greatshield with it while his shield was up (i finished him off with dark bead).

I don't know what is going on it your game, but I just tested it again, and asked other people who play it as well, and it does not automatically go through shields. It does a lot of stamina damage, and remember hits after guard broken are counter hits. As well, once it fires it will take the shortest path to the target, independent of what you do. As well, rolling through it messes with its tracking. Blocking one or two Pursuers then rolling through it might seem impossible, but is not to hard once you get the timing down. However, you don't even need to do that trick once you get more confident, and just roll through it. What you are telling me is going against my own experience against the spell. It's powerful, yes, but it isn't the unbeatable juggernaut that you seem to be suggesting it is.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:56 pm

It goes through my Greatshield of Artorias and my Tower Shield.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 pm

havels shield has a use once again!!!
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 pm

I've been using Crest Shield, and I'll get around to getting a highlight of it being blocked, and edit it in here. It still deals some magic damage, and you'll take some chip damage with any shield you use. If your shield has low magic resistance, you'll take more damage, correspondingly. I, once again, stress that it deals a lot of stamina damage, and if your guard gets broken, expect to take huge damage.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:40 pm

roanispe wrote:
    OrnsteinBro wrote:No, i am certain it goes through shields. It hit me for the full damage when i was blocking with crest (although i suspect it may have dead angled me as it hit sideways). And i wiped 1250 hp off of the guy with the artorias greatshield with it while his shield was up (i finished him off with dark bead).

I don't know what is going on it your game, but I just tested it again, and asked other people who play it as well, and it does not automatically go through shields. It does a lot of stamina damage, and remember hits after guard broken are counter hits. As well, once it fires it will take the shortest path to the target, independent of what you do. As well, rolling through it messes with its tracking. Blocking one or two Pursuers then rolling through it might seem impossible, but is not to hard once you get the timing down. However, you don't even need to do that trick once you get more confident, and just roll through it. What you are telling me is going against my own experience against the spell. It's powerful, yes, but it isn't the unbeatable juggernaut that you seem to be suggesting it is.

No, it's not unbeatable. I'm not saying that it's unbeatable. I'm saying that I'm crappy at rolling through it, am looking for the timing for rolling through it, and that it goes through shields.

It's certainly beatable if you stand there and spam silver pendant (the orbs fly into the sky and never come back down) or if you use GMB (which reduces the damage to a pitiful amount). There are probably a variety of other ways of getting around it; But shielding against it, from what I have seen, is a horrible idea and should never be attempted. It definitely wasn't chip damage either, unless you consider roughly half a lifebar (~750hp) done to me, and 1250 done to the Artorias shield guy to be chip damage- which is why I suspect that it dead angles.

Last edited by OrnsteinBro on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:49 pm

I'm glad int got some useful pvp spells, I was underwhelmed by sorcery for the most part.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I'm glad int got some useful pvp spells, I was underwhelmed by sorcery for the most part.

Yeah, I can already see the possibility of alternating the use of CHSM and Pursuers to keep your enemy on their toes. Since the roll timings are different, they'd have to concentrate on that (or eat the massive damage penalty from pursuers) and be more likely to make mistakes when attacking.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Its an indirect buff (well, as I see it, one could argue otherwise)to faith as well, vos and gmb have more uses, as they have more and better spells to stop. (slb still throws a wrench in things though, and the timing to get them off will be iffy if its not done as the battle starts).

I don't have experience with them unfortunately, but the cast time was compared to fire tempest and I can tell you that bows/crossbows are quite good at head shotting me out of a tempest cast. Hope that helps.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:12 pm

I dunno, it doesn't feel as slow as a tempest cast. Maybe I'm estimating the timing wrongly because the cast animation is so similar to CHSM's, but it seems faster than tempest.

Needs more testing I guess. Shrug
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:19 pm

i'm just gonna say, haven't looked at the content of the discussion, but i think anything with pc only content should go in that section, just saying to make sure the spoilers are confined and away from tempting me silly
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:24 pm

I don't know how to move the thread, man. Prostration
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:28 pm

OrnsteinBro wrote:
    CaptanSpudsy wrote:I heard that you could roll through them and they'd crash into the ground. I have no clue if it works because my PC sucks.

I tried, man, but I couldn't get the timing right. It's like those phantom great chaos fireball hits when you dodge on your screen but they've already hit you on their screen and so you get hit by some invisible attack and lose the hp anyway.

Ghadis_God wrote:Dear God that sounds cheap. I would try to tank them with a high stability shield, unlocked and facing the pursuers rather than the caster. If I was a mage build I would do some CSS punishment while they were casting.

It goes through shields, and I have a feeling it dead angles since it tracks sideways.

I killed a guy through his Artorias shield with a combination of pursuers and dark bead (actually, he may have been using a cleansing greatshield, lol. I couldn't see because Dark Anor Londo was too shadowy). He pulled out his DSS and tried to turtle, the spell was like lolno and he went down in under 5 seconds.
    I was under the impression that the new dark magic did physical instead of magical damage, sorry.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Nah it's okay. They do magic damage though, as evinced by how GMB affects them. Misleading description lol.
    Parsify
    Parsify

Post by Parsify Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Fought some of these during my invasions. You can spam the silver pendant until the pursuers eventually die, but while you do this, you become vulnerable to other spells, of course.

Other method I had some success was to keep the distance, wait until the pursuers are about to hit you, and then roll away. They explode without any damage done. But I cannot confirm if this method needs some latency to work :oops:

Nice boost to int, if broken or not, time will tell. But I'm itching to make a darkmage twisted
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:57 am

I just had an idea that could be tested.

Get a second Crest Shield and two hand it when you see the Persuers coming. If I remember correctly, when you 2 hand a shield it gets a very nice stability bonus.

I don't have the PC version so I can't test this myself, but I hope it gives you some good results!
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:45 pm

It's not the stability that is the issue, it is the massive amount of damage that it does on clean/guarded hit.

Without GMB, the chip damage is still sizeable. Also, after having met several more pursuers users, I find that it is pretty easy to roll through but lag only has to get you once since you can be oneshot even with full hp on a moderate vitality build.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Doesn't Pursuers do physical damage? If so, stability is a big issue on how much damage gets through.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:34 pm

No they seem to get through shields for me, so I think they do magic, but since PvP is so dead on PC, I can't seem to find anyone else to practice them with.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Every fight I've had with that spell has ended with me dead. I can dodge them just fine but i usually get hit by a dark bead or that other dark spell while I'm dodging it. Also, they still do magic damage, NOT physical. I just think they simply inflict higher poise and stamina damage.

Also ICEFANG, I've been getting some pretty consistent pvp lately in the dlc, at least while invading the area before the artorias boss room. I'm up for pvp practice too, but i don't have any spellcasters atm.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:51 pm