Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
suvorovsorprana
ssss_2_is_pwnage
Dante_000
Marino.
Rynn
CaligoIllioneus
Veradox
Fotitudo
McPenor
H3adShotty
Revoltage
callipygias
Parsify
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
roanispe
XuitusTheGreat
n0rain
Ghadis_God
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
CaptanSpudsy
omega Elf
XachAttack
ICEFANG
ChizFreak
Seignar
Jansports
bloodpixel
Spurgun
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Uparkaam
OrnsteinBro
36 posters

Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers] - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

Post by ICEFANG Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:13 pm

I can't invade as often as you, no cracked orbs, so mine is usually host based. I'm all for PvP practice too <3
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers] - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers]

Post by Revoltage Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:22 pm

If you want to pvp or anything, let me know! I'll probably be online in a few hours, I can't host but I can drop my red sign happy feel free to add me, username is in my sig. I'll drop you some cracked orbs too, since I don't need them and can buy more.

I should start working on a spellcaster just to try out pursuers lol
    H3adShotty
    H3adShotty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by H3adShotty Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Somebody say duel? silly
    McPenor
    McPenor

Post by McPenor Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:57 am

The best method i've discovered is to just dodge directly into them. They will run straight into the ground once you're behind them. Once you get the timing down they become a joke.

Sometimes the caster will follow up with dark bead and that can be a problem if you dodge right into the caster so I would lure them out first... I'd rather take a few dark beads from range then get hit with pursuers.
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:59 am

I use pursuers, yes i win a lot of games. Is it op? - No!
    I also fight against pursuers, did i die from it? - No! Because i can dodge or run away!

If you say, pursuers is op, i can clearly read your lack of skill winking
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:39 am

^Quite a fat troll. Cheers!
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Doesn't Pursuers do physical damage? If so, stability is a big issue on how much damage gets through.

The description is misleading, and I didn't test much, but I think they may do magical damage while doing stability/poise damage as if they were a physical strike. Not sure though.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Ok, i thought kind of had the dodging down (been evading/rolling through pursuers casts pretty consistently for about a full day's worth of pvp) and then i met this russian guy.

He completely destroyed me with pursuers. Basically, I led the pursuers to crash into one of those pillars in the arena. All five of them gone, smashed headlong into the pillar. I backed up a bit because he was revving in for a bs... And then out of nowhere i suddenly lose 3/4 of my hp and enter this massive stagger animation (he is still running up to my back, he didn't make any attack) and then he pokes as i roll and i die in what seems like the middle of my invincibility frames (well the early part of the roll anyway).

So the question now is, how do you dodge pursuers under heavy lag? I can at least dodge extra early against CHSM when faced off against a laggy contender, but it seems that your screen can fool you into thinking that they are gone when they are actually still snaking their way towards you.

Also I suspect pursuers is affected by that nasty lag glitch (like CHSM) where they don't show up on your screen but are actually cast by the other guy.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Had my first Pursuers experience yesterday. I jumped behind a wall after an invader started it up. The wall took 3 of the 5 orbs, the other two came at me as he moved around the corner. I tried to dodge but the timing was really strange, I thought. This is my sl 198 and those two orbs took more than half my life.

The first thing I thought of was this thread title. "Holy crap, Pursuers!" Yeah, I get it now.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Attune Force.
    Problem solved.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Force, huh? What the hell good is Force again?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Force knocks projectiles back.
    It's more efficient then the silver pendant against Pursuers, and it works on everything else too.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Maybe I'll try it, but I prefer to learn to dodge. Seems like learning the dodge timing will be easier than learning the Force timing. Besides, I won't always have force available. Pursuers is like anything else, eventually I'll get used to it. Good GOD is it powerful though!
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Force never worked for me . Not even on Arrows, They would fly away on my screen but i still take damage .

I tested it on my countless Invasions (around 60 Hours on that Character just invading low level areas 0_o )
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Weird, but perhaps your FAI wasn't high enough, I have deflected dung pies, arrows, spells, WOTG with Dragon's Roar, which is not the same thing, but works very much the same.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:01 am

You can even deflect moonlight great sword swings, dragon weapon effects, and force itself.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:07 am

Never mind that ir requires almost no faith for 21 casts, making it excellent for turtle cracking, baiting, canceling (in case one should fail to cancel,) stunning for a follow up attack, stoping bs attempts.
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:54 am

Rynn wrote:You can even deflect moonlight great sword swings, dragon weapon effects, and force itself.

Yo Dawg, We heard you like force so we put force in your force, so you can force blast that force...

8)
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:23 pm

Easy, you've got to dodge a lot. They'll end eventually but they come for a bit. They're not hard to dodge imo. Holy crap Pursuers! [Spoilers] - Page 3 Cougarhunt
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:40 pm

Dodging is ok most of the time (i still tend to get phantom hit sometimes though, need to perfect that roll timing) but what is tremendously annoying is when lag makes it seem like the pursuers have crashed into walls/pillars and died... and then suddenly you get oneshotted or near oneshotted by some invisible force. It keeps happening in fights against Russians, I met another two guys today who basically won the fight because of their invisible pursuers.

I rolled after they crashed into the arena pillar expecting to pre-empt the invisible pursuers with iframes and I still got hit.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:19 pm

OrnsteinBro wrote:Dodging is ok most of the time (i still tend to get phantom hit sometimes though, need to perfect that roll timing) but what is tremendously annoying is when lag makes it seem like the pursuers have crashed into walls/pillars and died... and then suddenly you get oneshotted or near oneshotted by some invisible force. It keeps happening in fights against Russians, I met another two guys today who basically won the fight because of their invisible pursuers.

I rolled after they crashed into the arena pillar expecting to pre-empt the invisible pursuers with iframes and I still got hit.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t12432-solution-against-pursuers-found-perfect-solution

/thread
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:05 am

Huzzah

Now to figure out how to get hidden body on my build
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:02 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    OrnsteinBro wrote:Dodging is ok most of the time (i still tend to get phantom hit sometimes though, need to perfect that roll timing) but what is tremendously annoying is when lag makes it seem like the pursuers have crashed into walls/pillars and died... and then suddenly you get oneshotted or near oneshotted by some invisible force. It keeps happening in fights against Russians, I met another two guys today who basically won the fight because of their invisible pursuers.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t12432-solution-against-pursuers-found-perfect-solution

/thread
    It's not a perfect solution. They can still force the orbs to aggro with the silver pendant.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Rynn wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:

/thread
    It's not a perfect solution. They can still force the orbs to aggro with the silver pendant.

How so? Also Rynn, do you have the PC Edition? I would like to add you (in Steam and GFWL), if you don't mind of course.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:17 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:

/thread

How so? Also Rynn, do you have the PC Edition? I would like to add you (in Steam and GFWL), if you don't mind of course.
    When you use the silver pendant, it forces the orbs into attack mode.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:48 pm