Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Seignar
ublug
Tegu
RANT
kazumoshi
Forum Pirate
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ChizFreak
12 posters

Tell me a good Strength weapon

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Tell me a good Strength weapon Empty Tell me a good Strength weapon

Post by ChizFreak Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Just that. I don't know, my mind is empty. I can't seem to think about one. I have the Claymore, but I really don't like greatswords. So, any other? Any fast good STR weapon? Including PTDE too.

Last edited by ChizFreak on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Tell me a good Strength weapon Empty Re: Tell me a good Strength weapon

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:01 pm

Pickaxe. Hand Axe.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:08 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Pickaxe. Hand Axe.

What's good about the Hand Axe compared to a Battle Axe?

Also isn't the pickaxe a very rare drop from the boulder giants in Blighttown? I'm gonna try to get one.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:11 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Pickaxe. Hand Axe.

What's good about the Hand Axe compared to a Battle Axe?

Also isn't the pickaxe a very rare drop from the boulder giants in Blighttown? I'm gonna try to get one.

Swing speed. You asked for fast. Battle Axe is good too, I think it's underrated.

Yes, the Pickaxe is a rare drop from the Boulder Trolls. Go to Quelaag's bonfire, and farm them fatties.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:13 pm

If you want fast weapons str is the wrong place to look. There are a couple, but even those arn't as fast as dex weapons and generally have the stagger after a missed swing.

The man serpent greatsword is a str greatsword (the claymore is not) so it has some speed, the large club and demon great machete are my favorites and among the best str weapons to be had.

If you really want speed then pemdants reccomendations are good, but thats about it I'm afraid.

The pickaxes biggets strength imo is that it does thrust damage, it gets a damage boost from the leo ring.
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Like forum pirate said, Strength weapons are more about slow masses of death, but if you're looking for pure AR, the Demon's Greataxe and Great Club are key. Large club has a good one handed R2 as well as poison effect. Man serpent greatsword is a greatsword, but has impressive damage for it's swing speed. Demon's Great Machete is another good one, as well as the Zweihander. While I wouldn't recommend investing 18 dex on a strength build, The Black Knight Greataxe is great if you're willing to compromise for it. (The reason the hand axe is good is that it's the fastest strength scaling weapon,and has a good moveset.)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:45 pm

claymore is not a str weapon and neither is the handaxe. msgs, mace, pickaxe and morning sta are the fastest with really good ar(theey all destroy everything with a buff too). if you want pure power go with DGM,DGA,LC,GA.
    Tegu
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tegu Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:51 pm

BKGA/BKH?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:03 pm

Some fast strength weapons are club, mace and pickaxe, but they also have short range and that annoying stagger.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:If you want fast weapons str is the wrong place to look. There are a couple, but even those arn't as fast as dex weapons and generally have the stagger after a missed swing.

The man serpent greatsword is a str greatsword (the claymore is not) so it has some speed, the large club and demon great machete are my favorites and among the best str weapons to be had.

If you really want speed then pemdants reccomendations are good, but thats about it I'm afraid.

The pickaxes biggets strength imo is that it does thrust damage, it gets a damage boost from the leo ring.

oh god, how didn't I think of that?

Leo Ring here I come!

Well, I think I will try the Pickaxe, and for now keep the Claymore.

I'm gonna go for 50 STR and 20 DEX, so any recommendations for that stats?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:13 pm

If you can avoid being parried, the bkga is legitimately scary in good hands.

(especially if you don't use str weapons much) I'd highly recommend the large club, its not as strong as some others but the 1hr2 is awesome and it allows for a shield as well, an it has all the same r1s so the 2h roll r1 smash is an option when aggression is needed.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:12 pm

The Hand Axe is a decent STR weapon (Main modifier is STR and C is decent). It has quick speed and decent damage, on top of the fact it is light.

Another "quick" STR weapon is the underused Butcher's Knife. It has an A scaling with 225 base damage, which makes it have the highest AR of axe weapons, although the Golem Axe comes in a close second with the addition of a ranged special, but increased weight.

I won't have to tell you the Black Knight Greataxe is excellent. It has range, speed and its AR comes in second to the Demon's Greataxe in greataxe category. On top of the fact it is ridiculously light for such advantages.

As far as clubs are concerned, you have 3 options. The pickaxe, mace and the reinforced club. The Mace has the highest AR with Reinforced Club coming in at a close second with a bleed effect. The pickaxe is ranked 3rd in AR, but its thrusting qualities makes it work with Leo Ring.

Now going to much more slower weapons, we have the Great Club and the Large Club. The Large club weights 1 less than the Great Club, at a cost of lower AR, but with a poison effect. The Great club comes in first with the highest AR for surprisingly low weight, but no poison.

The Demon's Great Machete has incredibly high AR, just nearly being a match for the Demon's Greataxe, As for the Demon's Greataxe, it has the highest AR. Nothing beats it in raw power.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:22 pm

My choice is the Golem Axe, or Butcher Knife. They're about as fast as the Battle Axe, but axes are generally inferior to Greatswords, so in terms of sheer effectiveness I'd go with the man-serpent greatsword. Black Knight halberd is another really useful weapon. It does a bit less damage than a GS with superior range, and scales primarily with Str. I would definitely try it out, especially if you want to make use of that 20 Dex.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:27 pm

I'm sure he said he didn't want to go with Greatswords, so we can't include the Man-Serpent, granted the weapon is a very good choice in between balancing speed and power.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:34 pm

Oh I forgot, pickaxe+leo ring+hornets ring can really really hurt (well for a 1 handed weapon anyways) if you can get both to trigger (poise bsing is a good way to get both to trigger) because the multipliers stack instead of being added. IE its a 40% bonus and then a 50% bonus. Using 100 as a base, thats 210 instead of 200, making it a 110% bonus.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:48 pm

Black Knight Greataxe king
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:02 am

It's overused and arguably overpowered, I'm sure Chiz knows all about it. I remember doing some samurai cosplay invading the Forest with the BKH to represent a naginata, and I beat an unprecedented number of ganks. Its range and relative strength are not to be underestimated.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:57 am

MSGS, BK Sword, Stone Greatsword, all great hammers 2H roll R1s, the Hand Axe and the BKGA are the fastest Str weapons.
    Boogerwood
    Boogerwood
    Casual
    Casual

Tell me a good Strength weapon Empty Different Strokes

Post by Boogerwood Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Okay, I'll bite... I think the Claymore is stinking awesome! I leave it unenchanted (current play through it's at +10 and I'm going to take it to +15). You can buff it with spells/miracles or resins and can string together some serious attacks. And I love thrust (yeah yeah... that's what she said). Anywho... the thrust is really nice in tight spots (seriously? that was lobbed up there). Sorry... mind in gutter. Is it really a "strong?" Probably not based on scaling. That's how I define "strength build" anyway (B or better). Maybe that's narrow but isn't that the point: dumping "level up" into strength to build strength damage (And hold those wicked shields)? I would like others thoughts on the Gravelord Sword. While only an "E" scale for strength, this actually seems like a wicked weapon with bleed.

So based on a scaling argument, that would be BKG, DGM, MSG, Butcher Knife (yeah, I was shocked too... turns into an "A" at +15), With big brutes there's nothing like the Zwei in my arsenal. I went ahead and took it the lightening route this time and it just flattens knights. It's slow for sure. But fun. Of course, the Black Knight Greataxe is my all time favorite but it's only for NG+ generally due to rarety of drop early on.

Great discussion!
    Boogerwood
    Boogerwood
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Boogerwood Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:08 pm

My bad, I forgot all about the Hammers and clubs! Just not partial to those. But they definitely have some serious strength scaling.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 am