Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+46
Dibsville
twigsterxd
Virulas
Tchuwib
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Hyena
psychichobo
Bloodpact91
PlasticandRage
defacto
Djem
User1
Guntles_5
Gazman0169
StarScarJenova
Odinbear
Icegodzilla
DMC
Conrack
Onion Knight
moaiguy42
BIG TIME MASTER
CaligoIllioneus
Walter_White
Corporal Maxey
TheAshenPhantom
king leonidas
Boogerwood
BoilerFan8472
Seignar
FinPeku
reim0027
edgie_za
Tomhet
Everynevers
WandererReece
GTP_Zodicus
T-King-667
bmurn
Mr. Tart
callipygias
FellipeMariano
Peaceful Wollyhop
philtitan
befowler
xSomax
50 posters

Tales of Jolly co-operation!

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tales of Jolly co-operation!

Post by WandererReece Wed May 08, 2013 11:36 am

^ I can top that:

After waiting almost half an hour for a sign in New Londo I finally find one. The phantom appears and immediately BC out. I then see his ghost image place a sign, but it doesn't show up. I think he blocked me.
    Kax Ace xKa
    Kax Ace xKa

Post by Kax Ace xKa Thu May 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Dude people you summon are angry. I hate when I summon dun bros that just leave me sad
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Thu May 09, 2013 5:50 pm

I've only done that a few times and I felt super guilty, but it was only because I was trying to connect with specific people. So that's the assumption I make of others when they do the same to me.
    Kax Ace xKa
    Kax Ace xKa

Post by Kax Ace xKa Thu May 09, 2013 6:18 pm

That's a good point. It only happened at low levels anyway. I still love when people summon me and my friend, another Sun Bro, and we tank bosses. Like Manus. This guy just stood back and watched in awe. Throwing lightning bolts in the sky like fireworks for us. It was hilarious.
    dreamforger
    dreamforger
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dreamforger Thu May 09, 2013 7:06 pm

My last playthrough was as a Sunbro and I thoroughly enjoyed helping people out - the buzz from defeating bosses was fantastic. It's also great when I'm summoned and I can tell that the summoner needs me as a guide through the level, as much as help for the boss.

However, I really, really struggled with Knight Artorias - just couldn't beat him. I was getting angry and frustrated. I then thought, "Why not summon some help for a change?" I summoned a female mage and we just ripped Artorias apart. She just did exactly what I needed her too - distracted Artorias while I got my hits in. I sent her a message afterwards thanking her for the help, and it just felt great. Many people I help charge through the levels, missing things or getting killed quickly because they rush, but this mage justmade me feel calm through the whole fight.
    Kax Ace xKa
    Kax Ace xKa

Post by Kax Ace xKa Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Artorias is crazy. I bought the dlc to play with that friend and he had me summon for that fight. He smashed both of us the first try. I'd hate to fight him with both arms with him having his grestshield.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri May 10, 2013 9:48 am

I was trolling around on my "versatility" build with 23 attunement and a minimum #stats in int/faith with thorulund/oolacile ivory/pyro glove, but decided to actually help a few people beat O & S instead of just looking to kill people. All I had was the lightning spear as a melee weapon at the time, and with that out nobody summoned me...so I put it away and put my summon sign down with a pyro glove and the catalyst and people summoned me quickly ^_^. You'd think people would see the dusk crown and know I was a caster anyway, but apparently seeing the glove/catalyst is worth some reassurance.

So what do I do when I get into their actual world? Run around and fish for BS on the silver knights, use the stair jump to open their shortcut (but still happily followed them through the level wherever they wanted to go), and kill the giant guards outside O & S with heavy soul arrows (only takes a couple).

I was recording this whole time.

Then, when I get to the actual boss fight? I walked to a pillar and just stood there. Sounds like trolling, until you realize that Smough got stuck on said pillar and repeatedly attempted his hammer charge, never getting around it. I have some footage of me literally just standing there, watching the other 2 people fight Ornstein. Eventually they killed him, and then I pillar-trapped smough again and hit him with a bunch of heavy soul arrows lol. Our other phantom almost died charging him, but apparently the host realized what I was doing since he stayed well back and just flasked the other guy to let him live. I never took a hit haha.

Most bosses I find pretty easy these days (except low level 4 kings, that is still hard for me) but I like helping other people with them, especially because I remember how I felt trying to solo the gargoyles, O&S, and 4 kings as a beginner.

Invasions are still more fun for me, but the occasional coop is good too.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Fri May 10, 2013 4:53 pm

Do people actually select phantoms based on appearance? I'm usually too desperate to wait and grab whomever appears instantly. Also, that's my strategy for Smough too when cooping, but I don't consider it trolling -- isn't it commonly understood that you just have to keep one busy while the other two fight whomever the host wants first? I usually end up distracting Ornstein though.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:40 pm

Got summoned into another guy's world. He had no weapons or equipment except a sack, so I unequipped everything and put on a sack. He summoned a second phantom and he did the same (minus the sack -- I assume he didn't have one on him). We spent, like, 30 minutes barefisting the black knights in the Kiln -- back and forth backstabbing -- and then attempted Gwyn, but the host was pretty quickly one-shotted (albeit after some successful parrying). Really fun time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:46 pm