Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+46
Dibsville
twigsterxd
Virulas
Tchuwib
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Hyena
psychichobo
Bloodpact91
PlasticandRage
defacto
Djem
User1
Guntles_5
Gazman0169
StarScarJenova
Odinbear
Icegodzilla
DMC
Conrack
Onion Knight
moaiguy42
BIG TIME MASTER
CaligoIllioneus
Walter_White
Corporal Maxey
TheAshenPhantom
king leonidas
Boogerwood
BoilerFan8472
Seignar
FinPeku
reim0027
edgie_za
Tomhet
Everynevers
WandererReece
GTP_Zodicus
T-King-667
bmurn
Mr. Tart
callipygias
FellipeMariano
Peaceful Wollyhop
philtitan
befowler
xSomax
50 posters

Tales of Jolly co-operation!

Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 4 Empty Re: Tales of Jolly co-operation!

Post by Conrack Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:02 pm

xSomax wrote:great stories guys, and as for con, i'm amazed you got summoned at all, thats a really high range lol.

Its abit of a rarity, but on friday nov 2, I was getting summoned like crazy.

its a shame people get so set at stopping at lvl 120, but it does make sense because of how much grinding is required for higher levels.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 pm

I got summoned in the butterfly area just before the door that needs andre's crest. I took a quick look around, and I don't see the host. I think he probably went to the boss, so I run to the boss area as fast as I can. More acuratly, I started to run when I was kicked out. It did not say I was disconnected. It said I was sent home.Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 4 3596227959

He deliberatly kick me out about 5 sec after I appeared. Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 4 2707236321

Also, here's something that is on topic. Once I was summoned to fight Nito. Me and the host got invaded by a guy using dual dragon teeth. We easily beat him. Then we beat the boss using firestorms and tempests. Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 4 3207319737
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:56 am

may fav was when i was playing my mage char and was summoned to fight the 4 kings. The guy who summoned me was also a high int mage so spells where flying everywhere. The kings went down pretty fast, and it was like they couldn't decide on who to attack. In the end we won with hardly any damage done to us.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:46 pm

I got summoned for the Demon Firesage. The host summoned some else too. We went to the fog door. Obviously the host enetered first. Then I realize I don't have my black knight shield equiped, so I quickly equip it... WHAM! I get hit by the boss's axe before I went through the door. My character gets up... BAM! I get hit by the boss's area attack. Then my character gets up again, and I finally make it through the door. Then we beat him.

I told the host what happened, and he replied, "I wondered what took you so long LOL."

I was very surprised by what happened. Now I realize I shouldn't be surprised. If enemies can attack through walls, then they can attack through fog doors.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am

1st toon into Oocalile Township. ( didn't read any spoilers ). So I summon 2 phantoms. They run ahead me the whole level, destroying everything and NOT leading me around to pick up items or to the room that houses the Silver Pendant or SIF. ( no idea these existed till I got summoned into other games). Only thing that was done was activation of the elevator Bow

We/they basically destroy manus, very quickly. ( so now I'm thinking this Manus is a *****). I warp out and lay my summon sign to help a lost soul and. Found out quickly Manus is no *****! Also after a couple summons in, saw how much stuff I had to go back and get..

He's now sitting at the bonfire just before you head into the Chasm of the Abyss.

Btw, anyone been summoning one phantom to get you to that bonfire and then send them home so it can be lit?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:13 pm

I get black crystalled back out shortly after being summoned fairly often -- maybe 1 out of every 15 times. It's never clear why, all I can think of is either my summon image had different equipment than what I showed up with (I swap gear a lot while my summon sign is down) or maybe they don't like it if I'm midrolling. The funny part is that if folks give one of my midrolling melee doods a chance they tend to be far more durable and survivable than the fancy fastrolling guys in their shiny new DLC gear hotdogging it around. I actually had someone PM me this recently after other phantoms they kept summoning were getting blasted by mobs and invaders.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Odinbear wrote:
    Btw, anyone been summoning one phantom to get you to that bonfire and then send them home so it can be lit?

I went through with a friend (both of us blind) from the Township bonfire. I was the host. When we got to the Dungeon bonfire we both stopped, Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 4 3358384175ed, and I looked into the black chasm ahead of me leading into who knows what kind of horror show. I thought for a moment, then said "Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 4 3063782546" (charge!) because screw it! I'm not some cautious weenie! I'm sure you can guess what happened soon thereafter.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:56 am

Odinbear wrote:1st toon into Oocalile Township. ( didn't read any spoilers ). So I summon 2 phantoms. They run ahead me the whole level, destroying everything and NOT leading me around to pick up items or to the room that houses the Silver Pendant or SIF. ( no idea these existed till I got summoned into other games). Only thing that was done was activation of the elevator Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 4 3149687655

We/they basically destroy manus, very quickly. ( so now I'm thinking this Manus is a *****). I warp out and lay my summon sign to help a lost soul and. Found out quickly Manus is no *****! Also after a couple summons in, saw how much stuff I had to go back and get..

He's now sitting at the bonfire just before you head into the Chasm of the Abyss.

What's the point in that? Seriously? :shock:

You might as well watch a youtube video of the level...
    StarScarJenova
    StarScarJenova
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StarScarJenova Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:40 am

Odinbear wrote:1st toon into Oocalile Township. ( didn't read any spoilers ). So I summon 2 phantoms. They run ahead me the whole level, destroying everything and NOT leading me around to pick up items or to the room that houses the Silver Pendant or SIF. ( no idea these existed till I got summoned into other games). Only thing that was done was activation of the elevator Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 4 3149687655

I quickly learned not to do this. I once got summoned in Anor Londo and was running ahead killing everything before the other phantom and host got a chance, naturally waiting at all the fog gates. After the fog gate leading into the castle, just after the archer, I run ahead to try and open the large double doors leading strait to O&S. As I was about to open it I was sent home. I sent a message letting the host know what I was doing and doing was surprised by the response. "I don't like it when people get ahead and kill everything, its boring to me."
    Seriously, I should've realized this before having been told it. I would hate for someone to ruin my exploration experience like that. I apologized and have modified the way I assist. Its about having fun, not showing off! silly big grin
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:13 pm

I summoned two phantoms at the fire in the middle of Lost Izalith. Then I ran through the lava and got burned up. Apparently I forgot to equip the Orange Chared Ring. Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 4 2707236321 Then one of them told me he moved his sign to the boss door. I summoned both of them again, and we took out the boss.

--- --- ---

I was summoned by someone in New Londo Ruins. There was already another phantom with the host. We fought our way to the the 4 Kings' boss door. Then I recieved a message from the host. "Oh Crap! I forgot the ring!" When I recieved this I Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 4 2707236321, then the other phantom Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 4 2707236321, and then the host Tales of Jolly co-operation! - Page 4 2707236321. Then we started the cycle again. Then we left. Then the host summoned me again, but he summoned a diffrent second phantom. Then we killed the 4 Kings.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:46 am

wait wait wait, starscar, your sig.. i just noticed this "i am talking to a mushroom, i must go save the princess"... what is this? mario?

anywho, great( and funny) story's all!
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:22 am

Playing Demon Souls last night with a guy I summoned a couple of days ago and chatted to briefly. He's played Dark Souls before but in fairness to him has not memorized the Demon Souls wikis etc. and is pretty much playing blind. Anyway he asked for help with a few levels.

We're doing 1-3 and he gets impaled by the Penetrator a few times. I tried suggesting he play it safe but to no avail so instead I suggest he free Biorr. He's no idea what I'm on about. I tell him that he has key for door in 1-2 etc. and he's thinks I'm having him on. I have to convince him there is in fact a door near the Tower Knight fog gate. He finally goes and finds door and frees him. cheers

Then I tell him to summon me again in 1-3 an to put on the the Fat Official's hat. Now he thinks I'm a lunatic and says he doesn't care about armour and just wants to play etc. He summons me and starts running up the stairs. I have to bring him back to the gate and tell him again to put on the hat lol

Finally we free Yuria etc. and go to boss fog gate. He's not going in and I'm wondering what he's doing and he messages me 'We waiting for Biorr?'

big grin
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:44 am

I really shouldn't, but I just cannot help myself... lol

I went back to DeS a short while ago, but found the whole experience to be somewhat of a letdown, on the count of everything now being far too easy. I made it all the way to ol Dragon mush in 2-3 barely taking a scratch along the way, only for the son of a b... to falcon punch me for a second time, having already done so a short while earlier after I beat Vangard on the tutorial levels for the very first time, ever! lol

I still absolutely luv DeS, but am beginning to think that my time spent in DkS may have made me too overpowered for it now. 🇳🇴

[insert heavy sigh emote here]

Last edited by Gazman0169 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:56 am

And your time in Dark Souls hasn't made you overpowered for Dark Souls? :shock:

You should join the 'which is harder' discussion in the Demon's section. That topics always fun twisted

If you confine yourself to reasonable/early game weapons and gear it can still pose a challenge. Certainly so in NG+ which is what you should be playing at this stage lol!

I still get summoned all the time by players who actually need help in defeating a boss despite coming from Dark Souls.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:22 am

Not at all, although DkS PvE is now starting to become a little too predictable as well. You've got to remember that I've played both games religiously since their respective EU release dates, and so have seen pretty much all there is to see in both games. That's not to say that either game doesn't possess the power to catch me out every once in a while, only that in order for me to be really challenged by them I'm having to find more and more imaginative ways in which to undertake each successive run, whilst at the same time making sure that it's still fun to play. I honestly believe that the main obstacle that you need to overcome when playing any of the Souls games is your own inbuilt fear of the unknown. Most of us when starting out will either run scared of, or will simply freeze/hesitate, when faced with a seemingly impossible task, and this invariably leads to a quick and painful death. However, overtime most of us will learn to recognise attack patterns, weaknesses, and the like, to the point where our ingame nightmares loose any power they may of had to scare us. Knowledge is power, and all that. Take the Vangard in DeS for instance, that great big lump used to beat me each and every time I faced up to it at the end of the tutorial levels, but because I've now learned to counter the similar attack patterns of the Asylum, Stray, and Firesage Demons through playing DkS, I managed to easily overcome it when I made my triumphant return back to Boletaria to the point where the win was never in question.

I do not believe DkS to be in any way harder than DeS, but do feel that certain elements across both games, being so similar in nature, will invariably help to make either game easier if you've invested the time to overcome them in the other, if that makes any sense.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:29 am

Absolutely agree. And well put.

I didn't die half as much in Dark Souls for that very reason - from playing DeS I could hold my nerve even in the face of a new terrifying boss, managing my stamina, move, observe and survive until some strategy (hopefully) became apparent. Of course I stuill died countless times but nowhere near as much as I would have otherwise.

I hope the next Souls game throws enough fresh obstacles at us so that time our spent in DeS and DkS doesn't render it anything less than very difficult.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 pm

DMC wrote:

Summoned yesterday and the 2nd phantom ran way ahead of me and the host, killing everything all the way to the chained prisoner. I just ran with the host, doing a shrug everytime they stopped to pick-up drops. He did the same thing in the chasm, all the way to manus. We bypassed all the OT items , picked up most to all of the chasm items. Host kinda wanted to follow him at first.

I like to feel I'm there to lend support as a team and let the host fight, if they get overpowered or surprised I try to jump in and help them survive. Most don't know anything about opening walls with light. ( so I do that when possible). bTW, who figured out that you needed light to open a secret door? (I woulda never figured that out without the wiki )
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:06 pm

I went to the 4 kings and got help. I summoned a white phantom named Speedy (Not a real name.). Speedy runs off a few seconds after I summon him. I've gotten used to this, so I don't mind, especially because I have bad luck finding people to summon.

Then about a minute or so later I summon a sunbro named Sunbro (Also not a real name.). Speedy hasn't returned yet, so we go to the boss, and I hope he's there.

We find Speedy by the boss door, and he's almost dead. I decide to not heal him because he's the one who went by himself. I equip the ring and enter the door. I hear the "humanity pop sound". I thought it was Speedy healing himself.

The other two phantoms enter and we all jump down. When we reach the bottom I see Speedy is almost dead. I think he didn't heal, so I heal him, but the flask didn't work on him. Then I realized he was sinking.

Me and Sunbro take on the 4 kings. I used a Black Knight Sword, and Sunbro used sorceries. When the 4 kings had a tiny bit of health left I charge and start wildly swinging. I thought 1 or 2 hits would kill him. I was wrong and died. I got hit by the grab attack, but didn't survive because my health wasn't totally full.

We were so close. I never knew the 4 kings were so easy with just two people.
    Guntles_5
    Guntles_5

Post by Guntles_5 Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:53 pm

I was helping people with a low level sunbro toon, and got summoned by a host and a white ghost completely naked, just bare fisting enemies (without caestus). They got angry when i used my weapon, so i started bare fisting enemies in the parish. In a mob kamikaze attack the host died, but it was fun to break the routine like that.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:26 pm

My tale of cooperation is quite a common one: It was in Anor Londo, and someone, I thought, would need help at the annoying part where the Silver Knight Greatbow people are, so I put my sign down, and someone summoned me. I had Force, so I could Deflect the arrows, and we got to the walkway, and the host died :shock: so they sent me a message saying "Grrrr" and I replied "I could use Force to knock them off and you can move up." And they said "Good idea." So thats what we did, and we made a good friendship, literally playing through the whole game together, and we were good friends. Good times.. happy
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:14 pm

I talked to this guy online, and we were going to trade. I was going to give him a few slabs, and he was going to give me the Channeler's Trident. So we met near the Ceaseless Discharge fog gate, finished trading, and started just doing random stuff. I used the Channeler's Trident to do the dance, we both wore a Sack on our head and unequipped everything else. (because it is unexpectedly comfortable!) Then I summoned a third person, completely random. Who just looked and us, and proceeded to wear a Sack on his head and unequip his other items. We just did random stuff for a while, then even though it wasn't my intention I entered the fog gate and faced Ceaseless Discharge.

The other two followed me. Just wearing Sacks, no weapons on them, and I have a broken Channeler's Trident with 0 durability. (I could still do the dance though!) We fought Ceaseless Discharge bravely!

I died last.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:48 pm

I brought my SL 60 coop toon to New Londo Ruins to help a friend beat the 4 kings. When we beat them in only 2 Kings, he was like "holy sh**"!
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:21 am

Odinbear wrote:
    DMC wrote:

Summoned yesterday and the 2nd phantom ran way ahead of me and the host, killing everything all the way to the chained prisoner. I just ran with the host, doing a shrug everytime they stopped to pick-up drops. He did the same thing in the chasm, all the way to manus. We bypassed all the OT items , picked up most to all of the chasm items. Host kinda wanted to follow him at first.

I like to feel I'm there to lend support as a team and let the host fight, if they get overpowered or surprised I try to jump in and help them survive. Most don't know anything about opening walls with light. ( so I do that when possible). bTW, who figured out that you needed light to open a secret door? (I woulda never figured that out without the wiki )

Let there be light!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:42 pm

Seems like the dumbest stuff that I do in game happens in front of other players. I was just summoned for co-op in the beginning area of New Londo, and just as we were getting ready to head inside NL proper, we got invaded. The host backed off, in a way that made me think he wasn't very confident, so I charged the invader, and just mopped the floor with him. The fight was so one sided that it was almost comical. So after the fight we regrouped and headed towards the boss, went down the little shortcut to the side of the stairs, and when we landed my host went through the water towards the dark wraith that's right there. So I went around the right side of the pillars, planning on wheeling around and coming up behind the DW, and my camera got snagged on the wall, and it spun me around during a sprint, and I ran right off the cliff. Defeated the invader, then defeated by a wall.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Once I got summoned by the weirdest players. We went through Undead burg normally. We entered the Taurus Demon's fog door. Then we went to the top of the tower and killed the archers. That's when the party started.

They put on dragon heads and breathed fire on each other. They took turns knocking each other off the lader. They did backflips.

Once the host was facing the sun. He drank all his estus. Then he spamed the empty estus gesture.

It was really comical. I wish I recorded it. It was the first Dark Souls party I've been to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:42 am