Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
Ryndis
Cronotis
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
Ghadis_God
Knight Alundil
Rynn
bopjo1
BrotherBob
callipygias
Marino.
Argetlam350
Mr. Tart
ssss_2_is_pwnage
js100serch
lordgodofhell
Rifter7
T-King-667
Krasouski
Seignar
Solaire_of_Astora
IV_Mark_VI
Forum Pirate
FruitPunchNinja
DamageCK
ICEFANG
vatar5
RANT
Back Lot Basher
Lord of Ash
Serious_Much
Bamjam
WandererReece
38 posters

BB glitch opinions

Poll

BB glitch opinion

[ 15 ]
    BB glitch opinions - Page 5 I_vote_lcap17%BB glitch opinions - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 26 ]
    BB glitch opinions - Page 5 I_vote_lcap30%BB glitch opinions - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [30%] 
    [ 45 ]
    BB glitch opinions - Page 5 I_vote_lcap52%BB glitch opinions - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [52%] 

Total Votes: 86
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

BB glitch opinions - Page 5 Empty Re: BB glitch opinions

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:55 pm

Well, i've always been fairly lucky with the titanite slabs from the darkwraiths. silly
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:57 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:Well, i've always been fairly lucky with the titanite slabs from the darkwraiths. silly
    When the patch comes out, I hope they'll increase the drop rate a little so that many more can share in your fortune.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:10 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:And what do you plan to do with all the items that you've amassed ? Personal use?

Alundi I like you stuck up for me on another post but Im a trader and the only items I personalt use is the hollow sets and balder armor the pike any long sword and the murokumo the rest I trade and I do balance I use cracked red eye to invade higher level players and blue eye for lower level and I trade accordingly
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:43 pm

I'll be honest I used it once for a burg PVP build, but that really was it. I also put a large amount of souls into it so by the time I used up all of them I was around level 70. I will admit that doing this can ruin the in-game experience which is why I don't use it as much as other people.

As far as griefing new players, I've never done it. I've had to deal griefers on quite a few occasions with my first couple of builds and after I decided to become a sunbro to help new players out.

To be honest though I'm not going to be crying when they remove the BB glitch because it is fun going through Anor Londo on a level 5-10 so I can make a co-op build to help out others. It's just fun when a low level player in the burg freaks out when they can summon a silver knight to take care of the Taurus Demon and the Black Knight below.
    Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cronotis Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Griefers were running around Burg, Parish,etc. with maxed armor and Zeus sticks well before the BB glitch was discovered. Anyone making the argument that: BB glitch = low level griefers = ruined DkS is missing this fact. The same goes for OP white phantoms in co-op.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Must I really bring up "Free Post Thread" again? Well What is it
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Yeah, but were they AS prevalent? Were they so common?

Not were they were there/were not there, but if it decreases invaders in the Burg 25% (it won't, people will just keep their low level toons) then it's still of benefit.
    Ryndis

Post by Ryndis Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:55 am

Heres my problem with BB glitch. Either in this thread or another thread, someone made the comment that it allows for "disposable" characters in a game that highly encourages role playing. Defeating a huge purpose of the game.

That being said, the BB glitch allows circumventing silly chores like falling off a rotating stairwell onto a bookshelf. Or repeatedly resetting a 5 minute fight trying to cut a dragon tail off because you hit it an inch too far over and will end up killing the boss before cutting its tail off. Most importantly though, not all characters can grab an astora straight sword, BKS, GS, early on in the game because their builds dont ALLOW them it.

Most people who've played dark souls since release have beaten the game 100+ times. I know I have. Normally when i come back into the game its because i think of a build and want to give it a sample and one of the largest deterents for me to replay the game is HAVING to go through the **** parts of the game with a **** character.

One of the most common complaints though that I've seen are towards gankers in the burg with lightning weapons and giants armor. Look, people who like to bully new characters are going to do it regardless of how difficult it is. Getting rid of the BB glitch will lessen the amount of giants/lightning weapon idiots. Only to increase the amount of GS, Fire, chaos, elite knight gankers. Point is, gankers are going to gank. You can nerf their strength by 5% but the massive gear advantage will remain. It really is not hard to transfer items, kill ceaseless, grab elite knight set. To newer players it might be a huge problem, veteran players know there are 3 golden pine resin that i personally save for church invaders.

TL;DR - I dislike the BB glitch because it allows for disposable characters in a highly encouraged role playing game. At the same time, the BB glitch really does anything that harmful and DOES allow the pvp community to thrive and only really effects the pve community at the church.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:40 am

You make a good point there Ryndis
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Good summation.

One thing I'd like to add is people that like to bully already have their characters in place, ready to go. Removing the ability for new people to gank easily in the burg won't solve too much; I don't think a lot of people are buying this game still (no idea though; might be in other countries).
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:18 pm

The PC port bring new people to know about Dark Souls.
    Also the BB glitch is:
    1.not supposed to exist and is not a good thing for the devs.
    2.totally unfair against people who do not know about it. Either you fix the glitch and it is fair or you tell the glitch to everyone making Dark Souls looks like a sandbox.
    3.is going to be fixed anyway and thus it is kinda useless to flame war each other like "WTH ARE U SAYIN?BB GLITCH ROX" and "LOL NO ITS EVIL",which happened. But if we keep it nice and chilly,like 90% of this page,it might be interesting to debate over it by accepting that the opposite opinion MAY be correct and that you MAY be wrong.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Ryndis wrote:Heres my problem with BB glitch. Either in this thread or another thread, someone made the comment that it allows for "disposable" characters in a game that highly encourages role playing. Defeating a huge purpose of the game.

That being said, the BB glitch allows circumventing silly chores like falling off a rotating stairwell onto a bookshelf. Or repeatedly resetting a 5 minute fight trying to cut a dragon tail off because you hit it an inch too far over and will end up killing the boss before cutting its tail off. Most importantly though, not all characters can grab an astora straight sword, BKS, GS, early on in the game because their builds dont ALLOW them it.

Most people who've played dark souls since release have beaten the game 100+ times. I know I have. Normally when i come back into the game its because i think of a build and want to give it a sample and one of the largest deterents for me to replay the game is HAVING to go through the **** parts of the game with a **** character.

One of the most common complaints though that I've seen are towards gankers in the burg with lightning weapons and giants armor. Look, people who like to bully new characters are going to do it regardless of how difficult it is. Getting rid of the BB glitch will lessen the amount of giants/lightning weapon idiots. Only to increase the amount of GS, Fire, chaos, elite knight gankers. Point is, gankers are going to gank. You can nerf their strength by 5% but the massive gear advantage will remain. It really is not hard to transfer items, kill ceaseless, grab elite knight set. To newer players it might be a huge problem, veteran players know there are 3 golden pine resin that i personally save for church invaders.

TL;DR - I dislike the BB glitch because it allows for disposable characters in a highly encouraged role playing game. At the same time, the BB glitch really does anything that harmful and DOES allow the pvp community to thrive and only really effects the pve community at the church.

Generally good summary but I would disagree with your last point. You say it only effects PvE at the church but I say it effects more. Most people don't seem bothered about this but I just look at the BB glitch as cheating no matter how you use it; So when I come up against another 120 build thats completely legit (No unlimited health or stam or whatever) I still feel cheated if they used the BB glitch. Yes it takes alot of the grind out but the grind is part of the game so why should I have to do it while others don't?
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:44 pm

What if the glitch is not patched I remember when the rumor that it was came out and Ive come across others who say its not going to be patched that someones just saying that it will
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Lord of Ash wrote:What if the glitch is not patched I remember when the rumor that it was came out and Ive come across others who say its not going to be patched that someones just saying that it will

It's definately getting patched. I have the pc version.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:47 pm

That's the thing though, I already did the grind on previous toons, experienced every little frustration the game has to offer, farmed items for countless hours, and don't have the time to invest 15-20 hours building a toon from scratch.

Yes, technically it's cheating, but who are you cheating? Cheating has to have a victim, otherwise it's not wrong. When you cheat on a test you get an unfair advantage over everyone who studied for it, but using it for PvE? Would you complain about using the Konami code to beat Contra? You people seem to forget the days of the PS2, when invincibility, rare items, and all sorts of cheating things were a few button presses away for anyone with the time to look them up. There's no moral wrong in it anywhere, you think the Taurus Demon is crying somewhere in the game's code because I oneshotted him with a Lightning weapon glitched over? Without the glitch, the growth of the PvP community would have been stunted because people who used it to build real builds and not just grief noobs would be unable to build their toons without a significant, significant time investment.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:That's the thing though, I already did the grind on previous toons, experienced every little frustration the game has to offer, farmed items for countless hours, and don't have the time to invest 15-20 hours building a toon from scratch.

Well you should have 1 decent character for every grind already winking

Yes, technically it's cheating, but who are you cheating? Cheating has to have a victim, otherwise it's not wrong. When you cheat on a test you get an unfair advantage over everyone who studied for it, but using it for PvE? Would you complain about using the Konami code to beat Contra? You people seem to forget the days of the PS2, when invincibility, rare items, and all sorts of cheating things were a few button presses away for anyone with the time to look them up. There's no moral wrong in it anywhere, you think the Taurus Demon is crying somewhere in the game's code because I oneshotted him with a Lightning weapon glitched over? Without the glitch, the growth of the PvP community would have been stunted because people who used it to build real builds and not just grief noobs would be unable to build their toons without a significant, significant time investment.

If you're playing offline so be it, you're only effecting your own game experience so you can do whatever you want.

If you take it online then I would say all the people who put the time in and play the game are the victims. I wouldn't use the word "victim" but I would say they're being cheated every time they get beat by a BB glitch user.

And the time investment point you made -

Considering the bb glitch is a glitch, and that it's being patched out so it's clearly not in the design of the game doesn't that show you that the developers intended it to take that long for you to grind a new character out? They already tweaked the soul distribution for kills n stuff since launch and they have done it quite a bit with this patch too. I've heard people say it takes even longer now on the pc version than before on the consoles not using the bb glitch.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:03 pm

I think other options will open up, like trading. You took the time, created all these items, don't want to do it... trade with someone for what you need on another character. Trade the Blue and White slabs you aren't using for other slabs.

Trade with someone that has the time and likes grinding (GAZMAN) for other services; such as PvP training, or coop runs, or anything else you can think of.

I'm looking forward to that community.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:05 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:I think other options will open up, like trading. You took the time, created all these items, don't want to do it... trade with someone for what you need on another character. Trade the Blue and White slabs you aren't using for other slabs.

Trade with someone that has the time and likes grinding (GAZMAN) for other services; such as PvP training, or coop runs, or anything else you can think of.

I'm looking forward to that community.

Definitely.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    Lord of Ash wrote:What if the glitch is not patched I remember when the rumor that it was came out and Ive come across others who say its not going to be patched that someones just saying that it will

It's definately getting patched. I have the pc version.

Just cause the pc version is patched doesnt mean the console will be the pc version came with the patch
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:23 pm

It does; games don't normally have different versions on different platforms.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Well ill concede im done on this topic anyway i dont need the glitch anyway i have 10 fully furnished every item in the game and just arriving at the burg so it doest matter im not a griever Im a trader anytime I Invade i trade the only places I fightt is deuls in the burg and when Im feeling blood thirsty the forsest so bye I love you all and keep DARK SOULS alive
    Ryndis

Post by Ryndis Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:Generally good summary but I would disagree with your last point. You say it only effects PvE at the church but I say it effects more. Most people don't seem bothered about this but I just look at the BB glitch as cheating no matter how you use it; So when I come up against another 120 build thats completely legit (No unlimited health or stam or whatever) I still feel cheated if they used the BB glitch. Yes it takes alot of the grind out but the grind is part of the game so why should I have to do it while others don't?

Youre right about the last point. I rarely ever go into the depths but when i do im almost always invaded. So i will add that too it as well. However, outside of the depths and the church, blighttown(from my experience) is rarely invaded. Sen's fortress and beyond you have easy access to a +5 ascended glove, chaos fireball, great combustion and after anor londo lightning weapons. Basically sen's fortress is a middle of the ground where you have access to SOMETHING to fight back with, and anor londo you have on par items. I almost always have a +5 lightning by the time i hit anor londo. Meaning the only points where the BB glitch REALLY creates a drastic item advantage, are the church and depths. Afterwards that gear gap drastically starts decreasing.

Someone who's SL 120 has either spent hours dropping forest mobs off a ledge or has beaten the game on a toon at least 7 times and collected every soul available. It takes 3.5 million souls to get to that level. More likely than not is they beat the game at least once and farmed SL 120. Making the BB glitch irrelevant.
    Ryndis

Post by Ryndis Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:14 pm

vatar5 wrote:The PC port bring new people to know about Dark Souls.
    Also the BB glitch is:
    1.not supposed to exist and is not a good thing for the devs.
    2.totally unfair against people who do not know about it. Either you fix the glitch and it is fair or you tell the glitch to everyone making Dark Souls looks like a sandbox.
    3.is going to be fixed anyway and thus it is kinda useless to flame war each other like "WTH ARE U SAYIN?BB GLITCH ROX" and "LOL NO ITS EVIL",which happened. But if we keep it nice and chilly,like 90% of this page,it might be interesting to debate over it by accepting that the opposite opinion MAY be correct and that you MAY be wrong.

I only disagree on your first point. I honestly think the BB glitch, dragon head glitch, all the glitches in demon souls are intended. At least early on they are. FROM acknowledges the game has a pvp community. PVP is a very hard thing to balance. In an MMO you can spend 6 months leveling and gearing a character to be viable in pvp and find out they suck. With access to easier leveling, glitches like this allow parts of the community to revamp their original builds or trash them completely and make more viable characters without spending 100 hours on a failed character.

Alas this brings up the dispoable character comment someone else brought up which i 100% agree with. I feel like the glitches are necessary evils.

Getting items for new builds isnt even the time consuming part of the game. Veteran players could farm the materials for a full set of +10/5 gear in probably 2 hours max. The time consuming part of this game is leveling up. Soul levels generally after 40 in a stat are worthless. This creates almost 500 levels of worthless. I would much rather see a patch, or in the next dark souls, the time to reach the average cooperative or pvp soul level is drastically reduced and these glitches are removed completely.

On the PC trainers ruin the game. Why? Because it gives you an infinite amount of not just souls, but materials and consumables. Divine blessing spam in pvp isnt even an issue to me. When you have infinite material and consumables, if youre pvping or waiting to coop what do you do? Nothing. You have nothing TO do. I dont mind idly killing crappy frogs for eyes of death. Nor do i mind farming titanite slabs. Item drops are exciting. I. CAN.NOT.STAND.LEVELING. I hate leveling. Particularly in a game where the best way to make your character stronger is to wear better items. Oh wow /endrantandramble
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:20 pm

I just deleted all my saves on my PS3 and start from scratch .

I feel awesome now , its like some sort of burden is of my shoulders now Praise the Sun
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:34 am

Marino. wrote:I just deleted all my saves on my PS3 and start from scratch .

I feel awesome now , its like some sort of burden is of my shoulders now Praise the Sun

Praise the Sun WELCOME TO THE LIGHT! Praise the Sun

Now check my Demon Souls Coop Rediscover if you want to go on a new adventure!:

Last edited by vatar5 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wait what advertising? ;-')

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:52 pm