Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
Ryndis
Cronotis
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
Ghadis_God
Knight Alundil
Rynn
bopjo1
BrotherBob
callipygias
Marino.
Argetlam350
Mr. Tart
ssss_2_is_pwnage
js100serch
lordgodofhell
Rifter7
T-King-667
Krasouski
Seignar
Solaire_of_Astora
IV_Mark_VI
Forum Pirate
FruitPunchNinja
DamageCK
ICEFANG
vatar5
RANT
Back Lot Basher
Lord of Ash
Serious_Much
Bamjam
WandererReece
38 posters

BB glitch opinions

Poll

BB glitch opinion

[ 15 ]
    BB glitch opinions - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%BB glitch opinions - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 26 ]
    BB glitch opinions - Page 2 I_vote_lcap30%BB glitch opinions - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [30%] 
    [ 45 ]
    BB glitch opinions - Page 2 I_vote_lcap52%BB glitch opinions - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [52%] 

Total Votes: 86
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

BB glitch opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: BB glitch opinions

Post by ICEFANG Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:09 pm

Are you reading what I'm saying? Yes it will be harder, NO it will not make them go away, NO its not that hard to get well set up to grief someone, NO I do not do it because I think its boring.

Who in the world can't learn about it? Who can't play hollowed?

Seriously, SL 10, griefer, takes 1-3 hours to make. Not hard if you have practiced the game, making a new character for me on the PC, will probably take around 100 hours for everything.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Removing it will certainly prevent any future players from griefing easily, but it doesn't really do anything to stop the people who have a couple of low level toons with maxed out gear already. Something that also gets overlooked is that a number of skilled players can get through most of NG at a very low level. They can collect enough stuff to terrorize new players without ever using a glitch. People tend to figure out quickly that the key to this game is not in leveling, but in upgrading, and they exploit new players by doing that.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Making griefing harder will make less future people want to grief.
    I don't think many players are actually gonna bother like this when they could just play the game the way it was supposed to be.
    It's like piracy-fighting,they shut direct downloads websites down to say "Either you bother with others methods to pirate or you give up and buy the way it was supposed to be"(I don't mention the IP adress collect 'cause it has no link to the subject)

Instead of saying "It's too late there's too many" say "Let's stop the increase now!"
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:17 pm

The people that are good enough to beat the game low level and then offer enough humanity to obtain the red eye orb should beat most people in the Burg / Parish regardless.

They shouldn't even need the high level equipment.

The BB glitch has been nothing but bad in my eyes. It reminds me of an arms race; they have top weapons/gear so we should too! Need it to defend ourselves. The Divine Blessings, the way resources are so easy and cheap to get (not saying you can't, but honestly, do people honestly want to grind that much? If no, then play with what you have.) I don't think they had everyone running around with 99 soft humanity in mind for low level play. You definitely can do it, but it's not easy, it's time consuming, and it really would cut down on griefers.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Should we remove weapons and armor too? they're tools to grief, can't do it without them. How about attacking, or electricity?

An exadgeration I know, but thats the point. The game is a tool for griefing, by your logic everything about the game should be removed.

thing is forum that viewpoint is negated by the fact that weapons are meant to be in the game, the bb glitch is not.. as it is just a glitch, not intended by from to be your one stop shop for all your pvp needs.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:38 pm

But its not really increasing, I'd actually wadger its decreasing as the game gets older and new games comes out for the griefers to grief in.

As I said earlier, griefers grief, they always will. It doesn't even require good gear or killing the other players. With 20 minuites I could probably get aural decoy and grief by swarming new players with mobs. Lack of the bb glitch won't actually make it any harder, they had to beat the 4 kings anyways, now they just need to make an extra trip to the catacoumbs.
    Solaire_of_Astora
    Solaire_of_Astora

Post by Solaire_of_Astora Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:39 pm

For PvP reasons, it's great. Personally, I think it should stay as the positives outweigh the cons (in my opinion).
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Still, you need the resources and the time.

The people that like to grief, I am not sure but I doubt they're the same type of personality that likes to grind.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Whites can grief too, and that takes no work at all. I won't elaborate to stop people getting ideas, but at sl 7 and naked I could be a griefer as a white.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Sure. But you can kick a white griefer out.

Attracting mobs is not as bad though.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:54 pm

ICEFANG wrote:Are you reading what I'm saying? Yes it will be harder, NO it will not make them go away, NO its not that hard to get well set up to grief someone, NO I do not do it because I think its boring.

Who in the world can't learn about it? Who can't play hollowed?

Seriously, SL 10, griefer, takes 1-3 hours to make. Not hard if you have practiced the game, making a new character for me on the PC, will probably take around 100 hours for everything.

Are YOU even reading what I'm saying?

It's the third time you repeat like me that it will be harder to grief and this is that I try to get to you!

Making it harder will make that less people will want to grief.

And about your "100" hours,it's the way the game is.That and I don't believe you will max everything for a character as you won't probably has the stats to wield them all.(Or it's a STR/DEX/INT/FAI mule SL 200)
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:57 pm

vatar5 wrote:The point is:Even if you can't take one thing completely off,at least take down most of them.
    Here it would be not to encourage griefers to be everywhere.

And if it is THAT easy to get lightning gear or chaos gear(according to you)then why be for the BB glitch?

So you don't have to farm all the other sh*t in this game for the 100th time.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:00 pm

^ The "best" solution would have been to make a character creator for the arena, and to ban these characters from normal play
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:05 pm

I already suggested this... a bunch of people disagreed.

I still see it that way though. I see two, distinct games: the PvP duellers that just want to fight each other, so why make it painful to get all the gear? And I see the PvE/dark souls as intended, where you have to earn and grind everything.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:10 pm

DamageCK wrote:
    vatar5 wrote:The point is:Even if you can't take one thing completely off,at least take down most of them.
    Here it would be not to encourage griefers to be everywhere.

And if it is THAT easy to get lightning gear or chaos gear(according to you)then why be for the BB glitch?

If you don't like to "farm" slabs for the 100th as you say,why do you even play?

Plus farming is optional,you can buy your upgrades to +10 normal/+5 magic/+5 divine etc...

This is the way it was supposed to be,not happy?Go rant to the devs who made it so,request a better drop rate!And while you're at it,ask for a bank so it will be less of a bother to have godly equips at SL 8.

No power without effort and no reward without perseverance.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Sarcasm: yeah, because +10 is viable in pvp past sl 60. totally.

The arguement is null anyways, its being cut *probably* and I'm getting all the crap hoarded while I can so my supplies last.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Awnser sarcasm with sarcasm:Its easy to get +14 with the black knights or you want an easy mode to make it easier?

EDIT:Oh and your philosophy seems like to be "Screw up the n00s and the newbie who get unfairly bullied,its all good for me who isn't victim of this phenomenon,it doesnt even concern me!"
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:29 pm

I don't want it to be easier, I want it to be faster. The bb does that. A character creator would do that.

I'm against a general increase in drop rates because it would make pve a joke. I'm ok with the amount of time I have to farm to do random invasions, where I'm interfereing with a pve experience.

What I want, what the bb does, is let me set up dueling characters quickly so I can fight other people looking for pvp without spending 10 hours farming crap.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Not having to grind is a valid point; I hate games like Everquest and WoW and Diablo that are all about grinding. Dark souls you can beat with straight up skill, no need to grind.

But PvP is different. Having the best stuff is important, as is having 99 soft humanities. Those edges do give a bonus and can determine a winner.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:41 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:
    But PvP is different. Having the best stuff is important, as is having 99 soft humanities. Those edges do give a bonus and can determine a winner.
    Arguable :/
    While it is true upgraded stuff CAN play a major role,skills always take the lead.

If you know how to parry like a baws(and you have a four-lead clover),you could PvP naked with a broken sword!(Heavili exaggerated but I've seen naked guys in PvP).

If you know how to counter BS,it's a joke to pown these mongrels who dare try to use such an infamous skill but if you don't know how to counter...well you're screwed whatever the gear you have.

And spartan-kick hackers to the pit is frikin' awesome.

EDIT:I think gear is only useful to try to get more time to get luck or to survive unluck.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Sure you can win. But people solely in the game for PvP should be on an equal playing field, with options for equal gear / humanities / items.

That's like playing starcraft, and one guy has units that are slightly less better than the other guy. If you're a better starcraft player you can win.

BS comment I disagree with. Really good players can backstab really well. They are not simple to deal with.

Spartan Kick hackers to the pit eh? I don't know how many hackers you've played against, but out of the 100+ I've seen on XBL, I've only ever beaten 1, and that was with a helper phantom.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Only health hackers lawl,the WotG hacker pown me effortlessly.
    But really,most of the health hackers are over confident and will either attack you without thinking and follow you where you want to go or continue with the level which,depending of the level,might make possible to spartan kick them by surprise. I once kicked a health hacker in Darkroot garden just at the left of the stairs before getting OS'd by his white Phantom :/
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:43 pm

vatar5 wrote:
    DamageCK wrote:

If you don't like to "farm" slabs for the 100th as you say,why do you even play?

Plus farming is optional,you can buy your upgrades to +10 normal/+5 magic/+5 divine etc...

This is the way it was supposed to be,not happy?Go rant to the devs who made it so,request a better drop rate!And while you're at it,ask for a bank so it will be less of a bother to have godly equips at SL 8.

No power without effort and no reward without perseverance.

Because at the moment I DONT have to do that. And to answer the question that will probably follow, I'm going to bb glitch new characters with enough souls to hit 125 on all my empty slots so I don't have to farm even after the patch. Hell, I might go as far as to make another PSN with ten more muled slots. Some people may not agree with this, and that's fine. You play your game and I'll play mine.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:45 pm

Additionally, I'm not going to ask the devs to do what I want with THEIR game.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:47 pm

It's the Dev's game?

Makes me wonder about games like Barbie's Adventures then. Some really young programmers out there...

Not wanting to grind to do PvP is fine.
    Not wanting to grind to do PvE or participate in that scene isn't.

Segregate the two groups.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:42 am