Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
Ryndis
Cronotis
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
Ghadis_God
Knight Alundil
Rynn
bopjo1
BrotherBob
callipygias
Marino.
Argetlam350
Mr. Tart
ssss_2_is_pwnage
js100serch
lordgodofhell
Rifter7
T-King-667
Krasouski
Seignar
Solaire_of_Astora
IV_Mark_VI
Forum Pirate
FruitPunchNinja
DamageCK
ICEFANG
vatar5
RANT
Back Lot Basher
Lord of Ash
Serious_Much
Bamjam
WandererReece
38 posters

BB glitch opinions

Poll

BB glitch opinion

[ 15 ]
    BB glitch opinions - Page 4 I_vote_lcap17%BB glitch opinions - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 26 ]
    BB glitch opinions - Page 4 I_vote_lcap30%BB glitch opinions - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [30%] 
    [ 45 ]
    BB glitch opinions - Page 4 I_vote_lcap52%BB glitch opinions - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [52%] 

Total Votes: 86
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

BB glitch opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: BB glitch opinions

Post by callipygias Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Only read part of the first page, but wanted to share my relevant experience on the PC from the other day.

I ran an sl 7 through NG and did about 10 hours of Burg co-op. Made somewhere around 45 humanities, and my host was only invaded 4 times. All 4 had uber weapons (Lightning Shotel, Fire Gargoyle's Halberd). So of course griefers are still there, but so far very few.

The greatest thing though was that my fellow phantoms never used anything stronger than the Drake Sword vs. the engine. I love Burg co-op, but the OP helper phantoms ruin the game for me even more than the griefers, because at least griefers can be killed. (Though I did get a glitch-phantom killed by the Black Knight on purpose once.)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:34 am

You're on the pc, they haven't had as much time to establish themselves and the population *seems* lower so of course there are fewer.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:48 am

Right, that's why I said 'so far.' To be honest I think I'd miss them if they were gone. It's like Forest Hunters that hate gankers but have grown to need them for their entertainment. They'd miss the gankers if they were gone. Some would, anyway.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:33 am

Even though the BB glitch can be bad in some circumstances (like getting invaded by a BB glitcher at SL 5), I think its good points far outweigh the bad. The BB glitch is solely responsible for all of those guys who carry an infinite amount of titanite Slabs, Divine Blessings, Sunlight Medals, etc. That's why it's so much easier to get such items via trade. In a couple weeks, the glitches will be gone and everyone will be holding onto their slabs like a prude. Want to upgrade that +4 Chaos Zwei? Too bad, you'll have to do a New Game and get back to Lost Izalith!
    bopjo1
    bopjo1
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bopjo1 Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:29 pm

In terms of rolling new characters, the BB glitch is extremely helpful. However, they added new warp points, so leveling up a new character without the BB glitch will at least be easy since you'll be able to warp to key areas for farming, blacksmiths, etc. instead of having to run all over the place.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:52 pm

Ive kinda changed my stance on this I believe people should be able to do what they want. But as some people know me as the Invader Trader they will come to me for items and I no longer need the glitch Ive made ten characters with the bb glitch got to the burg got the box and saved it ti my computer so I have loads of items and classes to choose from
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:33 pm

The BB Glitch is bad news, all around.
    I don't have much time to play the game anymore, and i still think it's bad. We play games to get what we want, and it sweetens the reward when we get there. A build just given to you (BB.Glitch) does not have the same reward, and it's my opinion it should not just be given to you. the BB.Glitch makes dark souls far easier then it needs to be, and then it contributes vastly to griefing.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:38 pm

I've already expressed myself in this topic, but i believe my opinions might have changed or simply that i didn't succeed in explaining myself. I do kind of like it, because i've gotten used to it, but that doesn't mean i like it. Honestly, i believe it kind of ruins the game. Kind of being a mild expression for it. Like Rynn just said, it's only bad news. I do however understand that people may like it, as it can simplify lots of things in the game, like trying out builds quickly, for example. But even then, it's gotta go. Shrug
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Well it WILL GO anyway...
    As for me,the day I found out about Thomas's glitch on DeS made me quit the game after only one hour...
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:52 pm

The bottomless box glitch is just that, a glitch therefore it should never be used by anyone unless they're willing to say "I'm a glitcher". There's no middle ground.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Im a glitcher but I dont play pve anymore all I do is trade and offer my services as a sparing partner thats why i use the glitch it helps keep my inventory full
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Sorry, I should've explained more than I did.

By "There's no middle ground" I mean no excuses. You're either a glitcher or you're not. You can't say "Oh I glitch but it's ok because x". You're glitching and you're not playing the game the way it's meant to be played so it's cheating.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Wasnt this locked ? Or am i mixing things up again ?

Either way the glitch will be fixed so i see no point in discussing this weary topic anymore . Everyone has a different Opinion on it and we achieve nothing but unrest debating it .

Please let this topic die
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:Sorry, I should've explained more than I did.

By "There's no middle ground" I mean no excuses. You're either a glitcher or you're not. You can't say "Oh I glitch but it's ok because x". You're glitching and you're not playing the game the way it's meant to be played so it's cheating.
    I agree that one is either a glitcher or not, but you have to admit that some of these "glitchers" have made weapon upgrading so much more accessible by putting more slabs on the trading market. I don't personally know anyone who doesn't appreciate a free slab, let alone 90 (a really nice player once did that for me).

"Give a man a titanite slab, and he'll be happy for a day. Teach a man to dupe his slabs and tell him to teach others, and the whole community will be happy until the patch comes!" (But seriously, almost everyone wants slabs whether or not they agree or object to the glitch.)
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:48 pm

BrotherBob wrote:

I agree that one is either a glitcher or not, but you have to admit that some of these "glitchers" have made weapon upgrading so much more accessible by putting more slabs on the trading market. I don't personally know anyone who doesn't appreciate a free slab, let alone 90 (a really nice player once did that for me).

"Give a man a titanite slab, and he'll be happy for a day. Teach a man to dupe his slabs and tell him to teach others, and the whole community will be happy until the patch comes!" (But seriously, almost everyone wants slabs whether or not they agree or object to the glitch.)

That totally throws off the balance that From Software had intended when designing the upgrade system. It might make people happy, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Was it not better when you had to make a serious choice about which weapon to max upgrade? You could say "No, because it was too easy to make a mistake and effectively ruin a character until NG+" but that's all part of the learning curve of this game.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:

That totally throws off the balance that From Software had intended when designing the upgrade system. It might make people happy, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Was it not better when you had to make a serious choice about which weapon to max upgrade? You could say "No, because it was too easy to make a mistake and effectively ruin a character until NG+" but that's all part of the learning curve of this game.
    For newer players, that sort of a learning curve does add another dimension to the game, so I agree with you there. But after several playthroughs, it's nice to have the freedom to try out many fully upgraded weapons. At that point, the effectiveness of the learning curve has really run its course.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:37 am

Invaluable for building, terrible for new players getting griefed.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:49 am

Mmmmm threads like this are....
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:05 am

...begging to erupt into flamewars and get locked up so tight not even the Master Key can break in.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:52 am

Alright Im a glitcher and a cheat but more importantly im a trader and nobody has ever complained out of the hundreds of people ive done deals with not to mention all the ones Ive tought to dupe
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:40 am

And what do you plan to do with all the items that you've amassed ? Personal use?
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:39 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:And what do you plan to do with all the items that you've amassed ? Personal use?
    Yesterday, I've personally been giving them away and I intend to continue doing this until the patch. However, I can't speak for Lord of Ash.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:41 pm

Then I would say that you're still having a negative effect on the online balance. How do you know what all the players you give this stuff to will do with it? I'm sure you now what I mean; It still upsets the balance.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:...begging to erupt into flamewars and get locked up so tight not even the Master Key can break in.

haha

Ghadis is so awesome, he always knows just what to say.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:55 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:Then I would say that you're still having a negative effect on the online balance. How do you know what all the players you give this stuff to will do with it? I'm sure you now what I mean; It still upsets the balance.
    I understand what you are saying. But I have to note that I felt that it was unbalanced to begin with in that slabs are so rare.
    Furthermore, slabs are not like weapons in that when BB glitchers (including me) do the glitch, it doesn't really negatively impact PvP.

Last edited by BrotherBob on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:38 am