Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 35 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:30 am

It's no worries, man.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 35 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by EeAyEss Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:30 am

IGNORE ME!!!!!!!11!!!1!11!
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:05 am

When you're in the Valley of the Drakes, on top of the silo where the Red Tearstone Ring was, you can see a cave on the other side of the bridge (but high up the cliff).

I don't know of a way to get to that spot.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:40 am

Another weird hiccup in the great club moveset: if you hit a regular 1hd R1 and then let the club return to neutral on your shoulder, you can pause for nearly a second (sometimes longer) and then hit R1 again and you will get the second chain R1 animation (where you spin in place) instead of starting all over again. You have to be standing still for this, if you are moving it will not work. What this does is let you chain attacks more slowly and recover stamina in between them. Candidly I'm not really sure if it's good for anything since it is the opposite of stunlocking, but the stamina regen might be useful if you are fighting unlocked against someone trying to circle you, or to throw of parry timing maybe.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:When you're in the Valley of the Drakes, on top of the silo where the Red Tearstone Ring was, you can see a cave on the other side of the bridge (but high up the cliff).

I don't know of a way to get to that spot.

I had a thread about that a while ago that pretty much nobody responded to. I was trying to figure out what that was. If you go up to where you pick up the Composite Bow, you can look straight across at it. That's what I was doing when I noticed it was there, and it occurred to me that the structures are the same. What I mean is the area where you pick up the CB is exactly the same as the area across. They're both defensive machicolations above the large castle doors, which either means that it's supposed to represent an entrance into another area, that for some reason is defending itself against NL, or it's part of a larger defensive structure built by NL that includes both machicolations and the bridge.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:27 pm

EeAyEss wrote:I don't see the gif...
    I didn't post a gif winking

steveswede wrote:Yeah but have you noticed that if you kill all the undead at firelink and then cover alot of ground and then go back, the undead have come back to life even though you never rested at a bonfire.
    Made a post about this a while back. If you do this in New Londo or in the Catacombs, all the hidden ghosts and skeletons will swarm you on your next visit, since you have already awoken them.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:22 pm

Lol, nice clip, but note that it was the fog gate right after the rafter-waking in the painted guardian room. Where the elevator is.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:01 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Lol, nice clip, but note that it was the fog gate right after the rafter-waking in the painted guardian room. Where the elevator is.
    It can happen on boss fog doors as well, enemy/invader pulls you back into the level with a bs just when you thought you dispatched them.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Damn... lol
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:11 pm

Is it just me or do some areas have slight bugs associated with lock-on range? Specifically that you'll be PvPing, which is where it only seems to happen, and suddenly your lock range will shrink down to around half of what it normally is. It happens to me in dark AL pretty regularly, which would prompt me to say that it's related to the darkness, but it also happens just as frequently in the Duke's Archives. So I'm not sure. Any one else have this happen?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:16 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Is it just me or do some areas have slight bugs associated with lock-on range? Specifically that you'll be PvPing, which is where it only seems to happen, and suddenly your lock range will shrink down to around half of what it normally is. It happens to me in dark AL pretty regularly, which would prompt me to say that it's related to the darkness, but it also happens just as frequently in the Duke's Archives. So I'm not sure. Any one else have this happen?

Dark AL's lock-on range is shortened, and I have noticed it in the Archives every now and then. Those are the only two places I can recall, though.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 pm

^ Yeah, me too. I don't think I've experienced it anywhere else. I don't think it's related to any intentional in-game mechanic, because I'm fighting in dark AL right now as a DM, and it's only happening maybe a third of my fights. Not all of them by any means.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Pyromancies have super armor if you get hit hte MOMENT the fireball leaves your hand.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:22 pm

@Plastïc: I actually have it happen to me in 100% of my fights in Dark AL. I always thought it was intended.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:23 pm

It literally just happened to me mid-fight. I was shooting at somebody with the Avelynn and my lock disengaged and I couldn't relock

It's pretty freckin annoying. Lock is definitely an element that's proper function can either make or break you. It's like you're fighting someone whose wearing a fog ring, when they're clearly not.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:24 pm

The Letter X wrote:@Plastïc: I actually have it happen to me in 100% of my fights in Dark AL. I always thought it was intended.

Yeah me to, same for dukes as well.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:31 am

I'm starting to realize that the higher level you get, the lamer people get. I've always stopped at 120 or lower, and I've never had much of a problem with cheap tactics. Of course it happens to all of us occasionally, but I'm using my first high SL toon for PvP right now, and for the last probably 2-3 hours I've been ganked on almost every single invasion. It's making me want to go back to 120.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:06 am

The Letter X wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:Is it just me or do some areas have slight bugs associated with lock-on range? Specifically that you'll be PvPing, which is where it only seems to happen, and suddenly your lock range will shrink down to around half of what it normally is. It happens to me in dark AL pretty regularly, which would prompt me to say that it's related to the darkness, but it also happens just as frequently in the Duke's Archives. So I'm not sure. Any one else have this happen?

Dark AL's lock-on range is shortened, and I have noticed it in the Archives every now and then. Those are the only two places I can recall, though.

I thought this was intended in really dark places. Doesn't this happen too in TotG? I'm pretty sure it does.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:26 am

I'm pretty positive that it doesn't. Not certain, but pretty positive. The thing is though, it absolutely happens in the Duke's Archives, which isn't dark at all. That's what leads me to believe it's a bug of some kind. It also only seems to happen sometimes. I can absolutely 100% confirm that. I've been playing in both dark AL and the Duke's back and forth tonight, and it's happened a little under 50% of my matches.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:36 am

It makes no sense. I could understand smaller lock on range in Dark Anor Londo and Tomb of the Giants, perhpas even in Chasm of the Abyss as they're all dark locations, but not only TotG and Chasm don't have this, Duke's Archives also have it and that's a totally bright location.
    With the number of caster in Archives, I don't moan about it and I'm actually glad, that they can't spam me so easily, but still...what the heck?
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:52 am

In the Tomb of the Giants, my Homing Crystal Soulmass will fire off against the skeletons before I am able to lock onto them with a Crystal Spear. NG(7), I need a HCS and two CSs to down a skeleton.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:54 am

It might just be that your soulmasses are firing at the Bone Towers in the ground. It happens all the time in the forest with the trees before they pop out of the ground.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:17 am

You can kick the fire breathing statues in Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith.
    You can break the 2 roots on the side of BoC by rolling into them.
    Hitting the Ceaseless Discharge's feet doesn't hurt/aggro him.
    You can see in the dark if you look through a source of light.
    The black knights release ash when you hit them.
    You can jump into the well in Firelink Shrine.
    Gwyn is hollow(look at his face).
    Nito actually has legs.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:48 am

Crystal lizards drop 1 soul when killed :D
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:06 pm

You can partial parry arrows. I figured it was possible, but never saw it done until just now. I was dueling in the Township and shot an arrow at someone with 40 health left. The arrow hit him for only 35 damage because he partialed it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm