Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 40 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by lalliman Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:37 am

befowler wrote:If you wear some of kirk's armor, anytime Manus slaps you he also hurts himself.
    That's not so surprising silly

Last edited by lalliman on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Waffles)
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 40 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Nybbles Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:07 pm

GenericUsername wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:
    Green__Eagle wrote:I'm ng8 and I fight Nito solo. I'll wear the Fog Ring to fight the mini-Pinwheel guys and I forgot to swap the Fog Ring for my Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring. When I dropped down to fight Nito, I stayed at the beginning of the pit (easier to collect my blood spoor if I die). The small skeletons did not come over and I was able to take Nito down without that distraction.

That's really good to know. One of my biggest frustrations in co-oping the Tomb, is that the majority of players seem to want to just charge right at Nito, and aggro all the skeletons. The words Fog Ring can easily fit into the subject heading of a psn message though.

I usually just killed them with my divine before Nito got to me and then I just kept him on one side of the arena to avoid the giants.

the Fog Ring is way underrated during PVE. it works just as well as the Thief Ring in Demon's yet no one seems to wear it in Dark Souls? the Catacombs, the Archives and even the infamous Londo snipers are a breeze with the Fog Ring,

curiously, there are a few enemies that seem to ignore the effects of the Fog Ring. like Channelers for example.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:40 pm

Nybbles wrote:curiously, there are a few enemies that seem to ignore the effects of the Fog Ring. like Channelers for example.
    I guess Seath learned them the art of magically sensing people's presence. Seath can do it, cuz he's eyeless, so surely the channelers can learn it.
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:06 pm

lalliman wrote:
    Nybbles wrote:curiously, there are a few enemies that seem to ignore the effects of the Fog Ring. like Channelers for example.
    I guess Seath learned them the art of magically sensing people's presence. Seath can do it, cuz he's eyeless, so surely the channelers can learn it.

Also if you use the slumbering dragon ring, Seath has a pretty hard time finding you in the boss battle :3
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:31 pm

lalliman wrote:
    befowler wrote:If you wear some of kirk's armor, anytime Manus slaps you he also hurts himself.
    That's not so surprising silly

Probably not, but it was funny to notice. Sure, I'm picking myself up off the ground yet again, but you took 8 damage! Justice!
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Someone should kill Manus that way. Just pack lots of estus, DBs and humanity.

Does it work on other enemies/bosses?
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:47 pm

^ I'm not sure how exactly the armor of thorns works, but i think you don't take damage if you hit the thorns armor with a weapon. So only bosses that make physical contact with their attacks take thorn damage. So e.g. the capra demon or Ornstein don't, but the gaping dragon does.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:48 pm

The thorn gauntlets boost the damage of melee weapons by roughly 20 points. I discovered this by punching the red frog things in the forest with a chaos+2 caestus. Thorn gauntlets got me ~178 dmg, and without thorn gave me ~151 damage.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:55 pm

EeAyEss wrote:The thorn gauntlets boost the damage of melee weapons by roughly 20 points. I discovered this by punching the red frog things in the forest with a chaos+2 caestus. Thorn gauntlets got me ~178 dmg, and without thorn gave me ~151 damage.

I think they only boost fist weapons.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:56 pm

That's what i meant, my bad. lol!
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:23 pm

I leared that the Four Kings' grab attack isn't just some cheap " vortex " grab that you get sucked into no matter how far away you are, but they actually chase you down. Which reinforces my belief that the Four kings are raging ***
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Does anyone know about how to avoid that stupid homing mass crap that the 4 kings pull, or is it just impossible?

However today I have learnt that you can take damage, yet still pull off a parry in PvP.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:01 pm

We should make a trivia list with all of this dks wisdom.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Uparkaam wrote:
    EeAyEss wrote:The thorn gauntlets boost the damage of melee weapons by roughly 20 points. I discovered this by punching the red frog things in the forest with a chaos+2 caestus. Thorn gauntlets got me ~178 dmg, and without thorn gave me ~151 damage.

I think they only boost fist weapons.

Does that include claws?
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:23 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:Does anyone know about how to avoid that stupid homing mass crap that the 4 kings pull, or is it just impossible?
    I don't think you can. I've tried running away from it, but it'll chase you till the end of time if it needs to.
    Whenever i fight the 4 kings and they cast that, i just run into it with whatever magic resistant shield i have so it'll be out of the way and i can focus on killing them again silly
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:25 pm

[quote="lalliman"][quote="Hydreigon11"]Does anyone know about how to avoid that stupid homing mass crap that the 4 kings pull, or is it just impossible?[/quote]
    I don't think you can. I've tried running away from it, but it'll chase you till the end of time if it needs to.
    Whenever i fight the 4 kings and they cast that, i just run into it with whatever magic resistant shield i have so it'll be out of the way and i can focus on killing them again silly[/quote]

Actually, you can dodge it. The little orb of irritation chases you(albeit slowly) for ~30 seconds, probably a bit more. Just run, or treat it like a pursuer, except you can't dodge roll through this one.

That means the orb can't turn on a dime. It works for me, and I think someone has a video on youtube about how to dodge one of those orbs.

-------

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=16961

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:40 am