Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 38 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by EeAyEss Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:50 pm

I discovered the Sen's Fortress bonfire. After so many playthroughs. It was by accident, I died from the bomb, and my dead body fell onto the bonfire area. I was all like :affraid: Look Skyward
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 38 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by hey its andres Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Oh and there's a shortcut to go to lower undead burg as soon as you go to undead burg. It's more of a glitch jump than a shortcut, but it works.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:30 pm

hey its andres wrote:Oh and there's a shortcut to go to lower undead burg as soon as you go to undead burg. It's more of a glitch jump than a shortcut, but it works.
    Do explain, I'm curious now big grin
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:33 pm

I just found out that hackers are pathetic.

lol
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:42 pm

I must give credit where credit is due so here it is!
    I stumbled across the video a long time ago and almost didn't finish it because I didn't see anything new, but that shortcut, the catacombs, and the Painted World shortcuts were new to me!
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:07 pm

hey its andres wrote:I must give credit where credit is due so here it is!
    I stumbled across the video a long time ago and almost didn't finish it because I didn't see anything new, but that shortcut, the catacombs, and the Painted World shortcuts were new to me!
    I think that's less of a glitch jump as it's an unintended shortcut(similar to the running shortcut in DeS world 4-1), but that's good to know! I wonder how much vital you need to survive that shortcut(if it's viable for a really low SL char).
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:15 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    hey its andres wrote:I must give credit where credit is due so here it is!
    I think that's less of a glitch jump as it's an unintended shortcut(similar to the running shortcut in DeS world 4-1), but that's good to know! I wonder how much vital you need to survive that shortcut(if it's viable for a really low SL char).

Falling damage scales with level, so it's pretty easy to make the jump on a low SL character.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:17 pm

I can confirm that you can do it at SL 1 as my darkwraith pyromancer [hater gonna hate] was able to do this. I did the bosses in the most random order: Capra Demon, Pinwheel, Gargoyles, Quelaag, Gaping Dragon, Iron Golem, Four Kings, and then I proceeded normally.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:32 pm

White dragon breath is useless in the four kings fight since technicaly there is no floor. It just vanishes without traveling along the "ground".

Also the chaos servant shortcut can be opened from the lost izalith side for free even if you have killed queelag's sister and never joined the covenant.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:29 pm

Aznul wrote:Also the chaos servant shortcut can be opened from the lost izalith side for free even if you have killed queelag's sister and never joined the covenant.
    They changed this in a patch, can't remember which, but before the patch you had to be a chaos servant to open it.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:51 pm

well whichever one it was I just did this today. So I have no idea which patch.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:39 pm

So I'm pretty sure transient curses actually provide you with heightened defenses against ghost's attacks as well as letting you interact with them. I'm doing New Londo with my Arty Sword toon right now, and decided I might as well try it with a cursed weapon, since I actually can use a decent one for the first time. My first trip down the ghosts were just tearing me to ribbons. Doing obscene amounts of damage with each hit, and killed me pretty easily. So my next trip down I decided to use a curse anyway so I could attack with my spells and CB and block with my shield, and I noticed that the ghosts seemed to be doing significantly less damage. So I waited for my curse to wear off and let one of the ghosts hit me with just a regular attack and wrote down the amount of damage. The ghost did 256 damage, with just the normal attack, where they stretch out their arm and slash you. Not the grab mind you, just the slash. Keep in mind this is also in NG+, so the damage is above normal, and this is also damage through my armor. So I threw a curse back on and let myself get hit by the same attack again, and this time it did 126. That's pretty significant. It protected me from roughly 125 points of damage, if you consider that I did each one a couple of times, and each time they fluctuated by a point or two. Anybody ever notice that before?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:42 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:So I'm pretty sure transient curses actually provide you with heightened defenses against ghost's attacks as well as letting you interact with them. I'm doing New Londo with my Arty Sword toon right now, and decided I might as well try it with a cursed weapon, since I actually can use a decent one for the first time. My first trip down the ghosts were just tearing me to ribbons. Doing obscene amounts of damage with each hit, and killed me pretty easily. So my next trip down I decided to use a curse anyway so I could attack with my spells and CB and block with my shield, and I noticed that the ghosts seemed to be doing significantly less damage. So I waited for my curse to wear off and let one of the ghosts hit me with just a regular attack and wrote down the amount of damage. The ghost did 256 damage, with just the normal attack, where they stretch out their arm and slash you. Not the grab mind you, just the slash. Keep in mind this is also in NG+, so the damage is above normal, and this is also damage through my armor. So I threw a curse back on and let myself get hit by the same attack again, and this time it did 126. That's pretty significant. It protected me from roughly 125 points of damage, if you consider that I did each one a couple of times, and each time they fluctuated by a point or two. Anybody ever notice that before?

I believe I've noticed that but always blew it off as my imagination. Every time I'd try to run through on low SL characters without a TC I'd always get torn to bits. Then I'd take the time to use one and I'd notice a drop in damage.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:44 pm

^ Yeah, I pretty much always run down for the Firekeeper soul first when I get to Firelink with a new character, and it always seemed like the ghosts were just doing massive amounts of damage, but I always just brushed it off as me being low level and having poopy armor. I'm guessing From did it that way to keep you out of there until you're actually experienced enough to make the two give you last until you get the ghosts dropping more.

I'm going to do a little more testing without armor and then maybe add it to the wiki.

Now I'm confused. I can't seem to reproduce it with my character in NG. I just went down naked with a jagged ghost blade and they're doing the same amount of damage both cursed and uncursed. Maybe it has something to do with the cursed arty sword?

Yeah, I guess disregard that. I can't seem to reproduce it at all now. Glad I tried testing before I added anything to the wiki. I wish I knew what I was doing before that was causing them to damage me differently. Looking at all my equipment, and I honestly have no idea.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:54 am

Well for starters, I know you can't block a ghost's attack without or curse, or something like that. I have noticed that New Londo is harder without curses, however, I've never actually took notes so I can't confirm this. Oh, something I hadn't none until recently: You can summon Paladin Leeroy for the Pinwheel boss fight.
    Mind. Blown. :affraid:
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:59 am

^ Yeah, you can't interact with them at all save being hit or attacking with cursed weapons. I'm pretty positive now that I was wrong anyway. I'm still not sure what was causing the damage to fluctuate though.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:09 am

It's already on the wiki somewhere, under ghosts I suppose. I did some tests long ago and found out that the ghosts attacks will ignore your shield, armor and poise completely when you are uncursed. The ring of steel protection will reduce the damage a bit, but the wolf ring will not help on the poise issue.

I just remembered that I haven't tried iron flesh and havels shield r2 ability against them.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:21 am

Ok so fighting Quelaag today, came directly underneath almost and was striking the finishing blows.

My curse meter starts rising???

Killed her before the meter filled, and it subsided.

Has anyone replicated this? Or glitch?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:52 am

ublug wrote:It's already on the wiki somewhere, under ghosts I suppose. I did some tests long ago and found out that the ghosts attacks will ignore your shield, armor and poise completely when you are uncursed. The ring of steel protection will reduce the damage a bit, but the wolf ring will not help on the poise issue.

I just remembered that I haven't tried iron flesh and havels shield r2 ability against them.

That makes perfect sense! That's why I couldn't reproduce it! It's because when I went back I was doing it naked so that my armor wouldn't get in the way of the numerical results, but the extra damage I was getting was the damage that was bypassing my armor. I'm not crazy after all!

Emergence wrote:Ok so fighting Quelaag today, came directly underneath almost and was striking the finishing blows.

My curse meter starts rising???

Killed her before the meter filled, and it subsided.

Has anyone replicated this? Or glitch?

I've had similar things happen before on different enemies. If I remember correctly it has something to do with your level of humanity effecting your curse res and the game bugging slightly and registering it visibly on your meter.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:35 am

Has anyone else ever just shot Quelaag's breast with arrows? They stun her and maker her just as easy as Pinwheel (if you have the arrows). Oh and this works with anything as long as you hit her torso (the attractive part).
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:37 am

hey its andres wrote:(the attractive part).

lolz

Well I discovered this a long time ago, but no one mentioned it so...

Kick + offhand falchion attack = 100% sure hit
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:30 am

hey its andres wrote:Has anyone else ever just shot Quelaag's breast with arrows? They stun her and maker her just as easy as Pinwheel (if you have the arrows). Oh and this works with anything as long as you hit her torso (the attractive part).
    A good archer can stunlock her to death only with arrows.
    It doesn't work that well in co-op as she tends to switch her aggro and in the time the game needs to process your hit to her bust she will manage to move a bit, usually only turn around, which makes it impossible to shoot her again.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:39 pm

If you Invade a World, and the Host has already walked trough the Boss Fog, YOU CAN Remain in the World if he has Summoned phantom that has not Walked trough the Fog. It may be a Glitch but it can Happend.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:41 pm

The Demon's Catalyst is a surprisingly good weapon, 36 int and it has 484 ar.

I poked someone to death with it big grin
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:01 pm

EeAyEss wrote:The Demon's Catalyst is a surprisingly good weapon, 36 int and it has 484 ar.

I poked someone to death with it big grin

I was just playing around with that for the first time not long ago too. It's not a bad surprise weapon either. Nobody ever expects you to start hitting them with your catalyst.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm