Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 37 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by lalliman Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:14 pm

I just had a somewhat disturbing realization. One of the few things Gough sells are dung pies. He's all alone in that circle-tower-idunnowhattocallit-thing, so where does he get those? I think y'all get the point.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 37 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Sentiel Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:33 pm

lalliman wrote:I just had a somewhat disturbing realization. One of the few things Gough sells are dung pies. He's all alone in that circle-tower-idunnowhattocallit-thing, so where does he get those? I think y'all get the point.
    Spoiler:
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:13 am

Just found another area where you can implement a surprise plunging attack. If you go to the area in the burg where the three hollows stand and throw firebombs down on you, stand on the roof facing the hollows, and look to your left. There's a little section of roof on the building next to the one you're standing on, that you can roll to. It's situated directly above a door that leads into the area below you, so you could easily land a plunging attack on someone coming through the door and they'd have no way of seeing you coming before you were there.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:40 am

PlasticandRage wrote:Just found another area where you can implement a surprise plunging attack. If you go to the area in the burg where the three hollows stand and throw firebombs down on you, stand on the roof facing the hollows, and look to your left. There's a little section of roof on the building next to the one you're standing on, that you can roll to. It's situated directly above a door that leads into the area below you, so you could easily land a plunging attack on someone coming through the door and they'd have no way of seeing you coming before you were there.

My assassin loves that hidey hole! Another good one is on the platform with the three firebomb hollows but you make a right when facing them and you will see vines that you can stand in front of and backstep off the platform and onto the stairs. I've flattened many people with this.

Btw people DO NOT take kindly to plunging attacks.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:49 am

Yeah, most people don't. I've been caught with a few that I had to respect though. Some of them are so clever that you just have to give it to the people for actually pulling them off.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:55 am

PlasticandRage wrote:Yeah, most people don't. I've been caught with a few that I had to respect though. Some of them are so clever that you just have to give it to the people for actually pulling them off.

Small elevator in O&S boss room is a great one. No room to move with such a big hit box. I find myself looking for areas to do plunging attacks. When you do land one the feelings nice. But when you wiff, prepare to be punished.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:03 am

I landed such a satisfying one the other night. I invaded in New Londo, and when I walked around the corner of that elevator at the entrance, and looked down into the flat area, there was a host with 3 phantoms waiting for me. One of the phantoms started casting pursuers as soon as he saw me, and he and the other phantom started for the door leading up the stairs to where I was. I backed up a little, ran and jumped towards the little wall that separates the stairwell from the area below it, bounced off the top of the wall, and landed in a plunging attack on the host, killing him and ending the fight. So satisfying.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:57 am

That the sunlight maggot actually has some good elemental defense. I suppose I just never looked at the actual stats of that helm before.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Gravelord Sword's R2 Can dodge Magic Casts. If you are close (GIVE ME A HUG close.) and use the R2. You can dodge it and Land the Hit without worries.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:19 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:Gravelord Sword's R2 Can dodge Magic Casts. If you are close (GIVE ME A HUG close.) and use the R2. You can dodge it and Land the Hit without worries.

You can do that with the Zweihander R2 also. Can use em to duck under all kinds of things in fact. Nice thing about the GLS's R2 is that you'll usually toxin them at the same time with that attack.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:25 am

I learned not to complete the tomb of giants before I killed the capra demon because as soon as I got back from CD, reah and her guards started attacking.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:28 am

Did you attack or kill Petrus? They get angry if you do that
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:01 am

PlasticandRage wrote:Did you attack or kill Petrus? They get angry if you do that

I did, but they weren't even there yet. Damn omnipotent NPCs
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:11 am

If u attack Petrus they'll be unfriendly when they get there. He's technically part of their team, so they don't take kindly to it. That's why they attacked you.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 am

The question is: How do they know it was you?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:16 am

Hahaha. They have faith that it was.

Also, my new discovery is that the DSS has a 2h R2 combo. I always just
    thought it was that one hit. It also looks like it might send people
    flying. I haven't managed to hit anything with it yet. Also just discovering that the DSS is a pretty amazing weapon. I knew it was decent before, but now that I'm using it and have the stats to properly scale with it, it's blowing my mind. I just had my first experience where someone invaded me over and over again, and was getting more and more frustrated each time, and showing up with cheaper equipment and spells each time, and I just kept putting him down with it.

As a side note, does anyone know at around what stat levels the Arty swords will start outshining other weapons? With 4 scaling stats you'd think it'd be amazing, but I'm still doing more damage with my BKGA
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:10 am

I learned that people tend to get the idea when you leave a RSS with no weapons equipped except for two knight shields. God those fights are fun
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:25 am

During the Manus fight, if Manus starts casting dark magic and you start using the Silver Pendant, Sif will try to take advantage of it and hide within the barrier with you. He just did it for me a couple times in a row.

He did it enough times that I don't think it was just circumstance. He stopped moving once he was inside too, like it's where he was trying to go.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:00 am

That all Covenant Items are available offline, had no idea about the bugs and sunlight medals.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:30 am

^ That's how i got great lightning spear on my offline first playthrough silly
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:04 am

ng(7) was my first successful solo fight with the Four Kings. Power Within and Crystal Soul Spears. I was standing arouind waiting for the next king to show up. PW wore off before the fight was finished, but it didn't matter much.

The trick here is to stay back beyond their sweeping sword attacks. Wear high magic defense items. Whenever I tried to stay close, I would get grabbed and killed. I used the Izalith catalyst.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:35 am

The first few times I co/bro-oped I had a few hosts die on me by invisible white phantoms. Thinking it was a glitch of sorts and I couldn't do anything about it, I thought nothing of it until I recently learned of Shiva and his bodyguard moving to Blighttown if you're a Forest Hunter, I had to think back to the moment where I bro-oped and the host was fighting the invisible white phantoms, I realised that these invisible white phantoms are NPC's in the host's world. You can never see or interact with the host's NPC's and that's why you can't help a host fight them.

For those who come from/have played Demon's Souls:
    I was reading some discussions online debating whether Snuggly was really named Snuggly, or if she was really just Sparkly. I start discussing it with my girlfriend, trying to figure it out as I thought there would be no way to truly know, lo and behold, my girlfriend cracks the code(for me):
    -Sparkly(DS) wants shiny
    -Snuggly(DkS) wants soft and warm.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:17 am

densetsushun wrote:You can never see or interact with the host's NPC's and that's why you can't help a host fight them.

Sometimes my host will fight Lautrec in the Parish, and obviously I can't help him. Then after the fight he'll message me, "Why didn't you help?" I'll reply, "The game won't let me fight him." Some will think I'm telling the truth, but some reply with something like, "You lie."

That's always a nice moment.

my girlfriend cracks the code(for me):
    -Sparkly(DS) wants shiny
    -Snuggly(DkS) wants soft and warm.

lol!

I just learned you look like your choking yourself if you do Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 37 2707236321 when you have a dragon head.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:39 pm

WandererReece wrote:I just learned you look like your choking yourself if you do Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 37 2707236321 when you have a dragon head.
    You also look like you're pouring Estus all over your Dragon body when using an Estus Flask lol
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:09 pm

I hadn't known about that cage in Sen's fortress for a while silly Oh and on playthrough (Oh God I've lost count) maybe +10 I learned that a vagrant can spawn behind the Balder Knight that is at the end of the hallway in Sen's Fortress.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:57 am