Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 20 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Nybbles Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:35 am

XachAttack wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:
    XachAttack wrote:That doing Power Within with a full bar of 1500 hp will kill you lol. Funnily enough, it seems to end right when I die.

I think that's because it takes away 1% of your hp every second and it lasts 100 seconds.

How cute..it's a death sentence. That should be fun.

i use it all the time against invaders, it's not so bad if you have a few spare estus available. it makes a huge difference and you can usually pull out a clutch win with it.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 20 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Jester's Tears Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Cosplaying as Smough = Win.

When you see a Smough Player = Look Skyward

When you see a Smogh Player that uses Smough's Hammer and Is not using Lock On and hits you with almost every hit = Prostration
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:56 pm

You can buff enemies that you turn with undead rapport with the two handed heavy attack (the dance) of the channelers staff. This can be DEADLY in later NG's
    rety
    rety

Post by rety Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:10 pm

You can roll while zoomed in with a bow. Makes titanite demon sniping so much easier.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Dragonbros Does NOT like 2-Handed Lighting Nothced Whip...
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 pm

Nybbles wrote:
    XachAttack wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:
    XachAttack wrote:That doing Power Within with a full bar of 1500 hp will kill you lol. Funnily enough, it seems to end right when I die.

I think that's because it takes away 1% of your hp every second and it lasts 100 seconds.

How cute..it's a death sentence. That should be fun.

i use it all the time against invaders, it's not so bad if you have a few spare estus available. it makes a huge difference and you can usually pull out a clutch win with it.

I wasn't being sarcastic when I said that :P. It's like I'm on a timer, and that'll give me such a rush of awesomeness. Besides, it'll help when I use some of the weaker weapons, like Straight Swords, which I'm fond of using.

On topic though, I learned you can summon Sif even when you have 2 other white/gold phantoms.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:00 pm

XachAttack wrote:On topic though, I learned you can summon Sif even when you have 2 other white/gold phantoms.

yeah i saw that for the first time just the other day, i was summoned along with another phantom to help thehost with Manus and when they also summoned Sif i was cheers
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:03 pm

^Speaking of that fight, I just learned last night, that if you coordinate well with the host, he can lure Manus under the ledge you come in on, opening him up for plunging attacks from the 2 other phantoms. Takes a really good portion of his health too.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Nybbles wrote:i discovered that if you chuck a throwing knife at anyone who is casting a miracle like TWoP or Heal (or any miracle where they take a knee), they will catch it with their face every time and they won't be able to cast the miracle. it's particularly amusing if they persist only to keep catching daggers in the face each time they try. because some people are slow learners.

Something similar with mobs, if you shoot a painting guardian with a crossbow as they recover from throwing a knife at you (like up in the rafters) they often get headshot and do this really funny pirouette before collapsing. Not sure if the player throwing a knife opens you up to a similar headshot risk in return.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:42 pm

Chameleon is better for PvP than it is for PvE. Go figure.
    PolarisStar
    PolarisStar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PolarisStar Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:55 pm

You can see Blighttown from Firelink (entrance to Catacombs).

If you throw a lighting miracle into water it deals aoe damage, just killed someone like that on the hydra lake.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:19 pm

PolarisStar wrote:You can see Blighttown from Firelink (entrance to Catacombs).

If you throw a lighting miracle into water it deals aoe damage, just killed someone like that on the hydra lake.

Works well in the blight swamp too
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:44 am

Stone greatshields seem to be rarer than stone greatswords as far as drops go.
    Big hat logan is very easy to beat after he goes crazy if you just dodge everything rather than trying to block things.
    If fighting the moonlight butterflies in the crystal cavern, coming from seath's fight area (where the bonfire is) if you lock onto the first butterfly you see, its health will stay right above the top of your screen.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:03 am

There will be a new Dark Souls game. winking
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:07 am

ha i just discovered that myself today lol
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:36 pm

While no-one can summon anyone in Darkroot Basin, you can summon someone in Darkroot Forest and then bring them to Darkroot Basin. I found that sort of interesting.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Are you sure about that? Because i saw a dragon eye in the Basin once, didn't get to it before it disappeared, so i don't know if i had been able to summon him.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Afaik you need butterfly alive to summon in basin, but you can also take the basin shortcut from the forest after the butterfly is dead.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:22 pm

You can't change equipment while you're waiting in egg shape for the Crow to take you.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Just noticed this yesterday. For some reason the status icon that appears when casting seek guidance is the same as when using poison/bleed/curse resistance rings.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:11 am

ublug wrote:Just noticed this yesterday. For some reason the status icon that appears when casting seek guidance is the same as when using poison/bleed/curse resistance rings.

Yeah, old news, though it's still strange. Maybe it adds some kind of defense not shown in the stats?
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:13 am

I feel like an idiot but had no idea I could parry while my guard was up.... always thought I had to keep my sheild down for some reason.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:16 am

TheAshenPhantom wrote:I feel like an idiot but had no idea I could parry while my guard was up.... always thought I had to keep my sheild down for some reason.

I think that was added in patch 1.06
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:45 am

The Letter X wrote:
    TheAshenPhantom wrote:I feel like an idiot but had no idea I could parry while my guard was up.... always thought I had to keep my sheild down for some reason.

Really?! Woohoo! Now I don't feel like a complete idiot! big grin
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:47 am

The Letter X wrote:

You could always do it. You had to hold down both buttons, then release the block button as you parried though. Not sure if that was changed in the patch or not, but it could be done before it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:50 am