Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 34 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Spurgun Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Another thing i noticed. If you break someone's guard with a dragon roar and fire a Xbow at them , it will miss. For some reason the bolt goes towards the ground every time.

You would have gotten your *** handed to you otherwise EeA tongue
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 34 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by EeAyEss Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:24 pm

lol... lol!

It's probably because I was so close to you
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Spurgun wrote:Another thing i noticed. If you break someone's guard with a dragon roar and fire a Xbow at them , it will miss. For some reason the bolt goes towards the ground every time.

You would have gotten your *** handed to you otherwise EeA tongue
    What? I have used dragon roar + xbow combo many times. Hmm... needs testing i guess.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Maybe you have to delay it a bit? I do't know why, but i didn't hit him a single time after a roar, even though i hit him other times he was close to me.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:07 pm

I just realized xSomax is a reference to Brave New World.

The "x"s are just a border, so the name is actually "Soma". This was the drug used to control the people in the book.

I don't now how I missed that before. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 34 2707236321
    firefighter_raven
    firefighter_raven

Post by firefighter_raven Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:17 pm

That the bonfire in the tunnel between darkroot basin and valley of the drakes in made of bones. Now I need to look closer at the others when I am done in New Londo.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:55 pm

All bonfires are made of the bones of the undead, I know there's an item description of it:
    "Bone fragment reduced to white ash. Return to last bonfire used for resting.
    Bonfires are fueled by bones of the Undead. In rare cases, the strong urge of their previous owner's to seek bonfires enchants their bones with a homeward instinct."
    Copied from the wiki, a description of the homeward bone.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:11 am

befowler wrote:
    Green__Eagle wrote:I've come to the realization that you cannot be invaded in the Demon's Ruins if you haven't placed the Lord's Vessel in Firelink Altar yet.

It's a long walk, but I go get the Large Flame Ember after ringing the second bell and before I leave Blighttown. It's relaxing to be able to play online in human form without fear of invaders.

I do the same thing. The bonfire down there also does not appear at all, and Kirk does not invade. .....

The bonfire DOES appear and you can be summoned. But now you have me wondering if the bonfire does not appear on the first game.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:03 am

Green__Eagle wrote:
    befowler wrote:I do the same thing. The bonfire down there also does not appear at all, and Kirk does not invade. .....

The bonfire DOES appear and you can be summoned. But now you have me wondering if the bonfire does not appear on the first game.

It doesn't appear untill you kill the big worm thing.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:39 am

I am fairly certain the bonfire does not appear until the orange fog is gone, even if you kill the worm. Are you in NG+ or beyond? Then it probably is there from your original run assuming you lit it in NG. But whenever I take a new char down there I don't see a bonfire until I remove the fog. You can be summoned into other people's world if you drop a sign (provided they have cleared the golden fog), but you can't summon or have anyone invade into yours until you do because you can't get to the boss yet.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:10 pm

I recently discovered that this thread is ridiculously long and shows no sign of stopping lol!

Its pretty cool how willing people are to share their experiences and ideas to help one another
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:36 pm

befowler wrote:I am fairly certain the bonfire does not appear until the orange fog is gone, even if you kill the worm. Are you in NG+ or beyond? Then it probably is there from your original run assuming you lit it in NG. But whenever I take a new char down there I don't see a bonfire until I remove the fog. You can be summoned into other people's world if you drop a sign (provided they have cleared the golden fog), but you can't summon or have anyone invade into yours until you do because you can't get to the boss yet.

The bonfire appears when you do two things:

1. Kill the worm above the bonfire.
    2. Kill Ceaseless discharge.

I think the reason for it's disappearance is because someone might get all the way across the lava and be stuck there if they didn't have the lord vessel. So if you're using a BB toon and used the orange charred ring to get across, there is your reason why it's missing.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:46 pm

WandererReece wrote:I just realized xSomax is a reference to Brave New World.

The "x"s are just a border, so the name is actually "Soma". This was the drug used to control the people in the book.

I don't now how I missed that before. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 34 2707236321

Soma is a real world drug also. It's a muscle relaxant. I had to take them when I accidentally undressed my knee that time so I wouldn't do any damage to the nerves that were exposed.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:09 pm

I just discovered that the thrust on the katanas' running attacks, the katana is twisted sideways rather than held straight up and down.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:28 pm

I discovered that you can be back-stabbed while walking through a fog gate... crazy.
    firefighter_raven
    firefighter_raven

Post by firefighter_raven Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:36 pm

That killing a giant skeleton midswing can leave you running around with a giant sword stuck in your body.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:03 pm

EeAyEss wrote:I discovered that you can be back-stabbed while walking through a fog gate... crazy.
    <godfather3quote.gif> silly

I just found out that when you re-enter the painted world, right after exiting, all enemies you killed are still dead. Same happens if you travel back and forth between the undead asylum and firelink.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:22 pm

I don't see the gif...
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:25 pm

ublug wrote:I just found out that when you re-enter the painted world, right after exiting, all enemies you killed are still dead. Same happens if you travel back and forth between the undead asylum and firelink.

Yeah but have you noticed that if you kill all the undead at firelink and then cover alot of ground and then go back, the undead have come back to life even though you never rested at a bonfire.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:15 am

its a small thing and im going to get flamed for it but i have found that the falchion is better than the gold tracer
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:18 am

Why would you get flamed? The Falchion is great in the right hands.

This deserves flaming(if any occurs):

I hate the Gold Tracer. I know it's good, but I hate it because a lot of people I fought that use it tend to stack poise and spam that r1 after hitting me with wrath of Gods or something. Same deal with katanas... I hate 'em.

Anyway, i discovered the chest that contains the divine blessing in the Anor Londo Cathedral area... with the painted guardians... I flipped my ****. :affraid: That's also when I found out I can be backstabbed while going through a fog gate... 😢
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:18 am

That's not really a discovery, more of an opinion.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 am

My gold tracer/katana bit was an opinion, and I was responding to raecor, fyi. (unless you are responding to raecor, in which case ignore me! lol)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:27 am

I actually was.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:28 am

Like i said, ignore me lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:48 am