Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 18 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by FinPeku Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:46 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:You used the elevator jump shortcut.
    But how did i open the door at the beginning? The video shows me opening the chest that has the key.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 18 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by ublug Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Rynn wrote:Yup, My dark beads do about 500 damage per bead with my stats. I hit somebody with the beads right at the edge of the range that they would vanish, and i only did 12 damage. No GMB or shield (he got stunned, so I know it wasn't a block).
    Hmm.. Could this be related to the physical damage of the dark bead?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Rarayn wrote:I normally have no issues whatsoever avoiding the puke attack of the Gaping Dragon, but today I messed up and got caught in it for a bit. Turns out that it deteriorates weapon and armour to an extent that my Shortbow, priorly in pristine condition, was reduced to a point where I got the "Weapon at risk!" message. Cost me almost 2k souls to repair everything afterwards.

Yeah, the Mimics grab does too. Just learned that one the hard way the other day. They can easily 1HKO you with that too. Did it to me with 1200 HP.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:04 pm

just recently started playing online and discovered that the vast majority of pvp is fought against people who try to kill you as cheaply as possible.... Mostly with backstabs that should never have connected.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:33 pm

I've discovered that you don't have to free Lautrec from the cell in the church. In fact I couldn't unlock the door so I left him there, only to find him sitting in front of the Fire Keeper at Fire Link. This is the second time this has happened.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:47 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:I've discovered that you don't have to free Lautrec from the cell in the church. In fact I couldn't unlock the door so I left him there, only to find him sitting in front of the Fire Keeper at Fire Link. This is the second time this has happened.
    There are many ways to free lautrec:
    1 - Unlock his cage: You will get a medal back in firelink, he can be summoned, and will offer you the tip about petrus.
    2 - Ignore him: He will be in firelink after you kill the gargoyles. He will offer you the tip about petrus. You will not be able to summon him?
    3 - Talk to him in the cell, but don't free him: He will be in firelink after you kill the gargoyles. He will not offer the tip about petrus, and can not be summoned.
    4 - Pick up all 3 fire keeper souls: He'll kill the fire keeper and go straight to anor londo.

Last edited by ublug on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:51 pm

The "dead" Man-Serpents down by Siegmeyer of Catarina in Sen's Fortress are seriously creepy, especially in co-op. One was targetable despite lying dead on the floor, and another was moving around sluggishly without a weapon, attacking my host despite having his back turned to him and not moving to attack at all.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Rarayn wrote:The "dead" Man-Serpents down by Siegmeyer of Catarina in Sen's Fortress are seriously creepy, especially in co-op. One was targetable despite lying dead on the floor, and another was moving around sluggishly without a weapon, attacking my host despite having his back turned to him and not moving to attack at all.
    I find sen's fortress to be the weirdest place if there are phantoms around. One time I was summoned for coop, me and the host get to the drop where the shotel is. I hop down because I see that both of the serpent men are dead. The host doesnt move for a while and i keep gesturing for him to come down. He sends me a message saying im getting the crap beat out of me by two serpent men. But nothing is happening on my end, the serpent men's bodies are on the ground and im taking no damage. I try locking on but I get nothing. I finally get another message from the host saying they both fell off the cliff from attacking me. Shrug

Another instance, I summoned someone for co-op, we get to the elevator after the mimic. I get on and off at the top and suddenly i get the message that he's been vanquished. I send him a message asking about it, and he said he got on the lift but fell through the bottom of it. He said he thought it was because his sen's fortress wasn't synched to mine or something like that due to lag.
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:21 pm

You can get headshots with throwing daggers.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:32 am

Also don't forget the dual boulders that may happen in Sen's when you're with phantoms....
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 am

Recently discovered that the blue octopus-faced enemies in the dukes archives have a jump attack. Who knew.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 am

A very fast jump attack that grabs you and inflicts considerable damage. I learned that the hard way when I was doing the Archives at SL 20 T_T
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:42 am

Luckily you can backstab them.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:42 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Luckily you can backstab them.

Yeah but it's still harsh to do so when you have 3 other octopus close waiting for you to finish the backstab animation. Best strategy against them is use a long spear like Silver Knight Spear.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:55 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Luckily you can backstab them.

Yeah but it's still harsh to do so when you have 3 other octopus close waiting for you to finish the backstab animation. Best strategy against them is use a long spear like Silver Knight Spear.
    Thorns armor, roll into them and they can't do anything to you!
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:05 pm

That Mimics can do a spinning jump kick across an entire room to get you. Guess I've killed them way too fast to ever see that happen.

That the Guardian has an attack where he quickly jumps up, seems to curl into a ball, flip several times (kinda like Blanca from SF series), and land upon my with what seems to be a butt-slam. This may be what the wiki lists as the "Flying Tail Whip" but the description doesn't match what I saw or maybe I saw some visually glitched out version. Anyway ... surprised the hell out of me.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:46 pm

personally I find the best way to deal with the blue octopus faces is with pyromancy, especially the fireball type (fire orb and great fireball, not fireball since it does too little damage)

If not, great scythe has good speed and reach plus bleed, though they die before bleed sets in silly
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:24 pm

Based on some chatter in the Archives forum, I just learned that if all players in a coop run hit their start buttons during the boss cutscene, they can skip the cutscene. I knew you could do this in single player, but apparently everyone needs to buy in during coop for it to work then.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:24 pm

befowler wrote:Based on some chatter in the Archives forum, I just learned that if all players in a coop run hit their start buttons during the boss cutscene, they can skip the cutscene. I knew you could do this in single player, but apparently everyone needs to buy in during coop for it to work then.

Hmmm.... I always thought that only the host needed to do this...
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:07 pm

aceluby wrote:
    befowler wrote:Based on some chatter in the Archives forum, I just learned that if all players in a coop run hit their start buttons during the boss cutscene, they can skip the cutscene. I knew you could do this in single player, but apparently everyone needs to buy in during coop for it to work then.

I've actually suspected this was the case but never had it verified before. As the host, when I've had phantoms, I've tried to skip scenes before and not been able. Sometimes it seems like you can and sometimes you can't. It'd make perfect sense for it to be because the other players have to as well.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:15 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    aceluby wrote:

I've actually suspected this was the case but never had it verified before. As the host, when I've had phantoms, I've tried to skip scenes before and not been able. Sometimes it seems like you can and sometimes you can't. It'd make perfect sense for it to be because the other players have to as well.

I'm surprised this is not common knowledge but i guess not everyone summons or gets summoned alot to pick up on it.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:52 pm

[quote="steveswede"][quote="PlasticandRage"][quote="aceluby"][quote="befowler"]Based on some chatter in the Archives forum, I just learned that if all players in a coop run hit their start buttons during the boss cutscene, they can skip the cutscene. I knew you could do this in single player, but apparently everyone needs to buy in during coop for it to work then.[/quote]

Hmmm.... I always thought that only the host needed to do this...[/quote]

I've actually suspected this was the case but never had it verified before. As the host, when I've had phantoms, I've tried to skip scenes before and not been able. Sometimes it seems like you can and sometimes you can't. It'd make perfect sense for it to be because the other players have to as well.[/quote]

I'm surprised this is not common knowledge but i guess not everyone summons or gets summoned alot to pick up on it.[/quote]

It works like that in DeS too, I think. I co-oped the hell out of DkS, and was thus able to provide the forum with this info. It dawned on me during my farming for sunlight medals in the depths.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Yes, I meant to credit you (I did upding your other Archives post) but forgot.

I coop almost exclusively and didn't figure this out, heh. As a result I've probably seen the various Anor Londo cutscenes hundreds of times as a result, but the funny thing is that there are often subtle differences. Like the middle S&O cutscene can have really funky images if a pillar was shattering right when it triggers, and the Gwyndolin one has all sorts of (possibly buggy) permutations where a summon or even an invader can show up in one or more cutscenes.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:01 pm

Interesting. No glitches with Gaping Dragon, just long-*** and slow. I appreciate the upping befowler.

In case I sounded like a douche for seemingly making sure I got the credit, I apologize. I always worry about how I appear online.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Dragon Bros loves getting 63 ''Force'' miracles Forced on them...He looked so happy until he flew of the Cliff...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:14 pm