Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 17 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Odinbear Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Rynn wrote:I just discovered I am featured in 6 different youtube video's (someone on X-box just informed me and i checked). 4 I'm dueling, 1 I'm fighting gankers, and 1 I am ganking.

That was nice to see.

Good one. bounce
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 17 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Odinbear Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:17 pm

I just learned you can REARRANGE Your items. Even found a use for such a thing. Also just learned that a bottomless box is not really bottomless and to use it, you actually have to put stuff in it.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:39 pm

I've just found out that those serpent/branch things on the trees in the Darkroot Garden are actually mobile. I hit one, thought I'd killed it and moved on, only to find it squirming over the ground behind me still taking bites out of my ***.

Oh and I've never had to fight Big Hat Logan in three playthroughs because after I've killed Seath and gone back to pick up the ember, he's never been there.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:43 pm

You need to buy all of Logan's Spells first. Then you talk to him... then you go to magic ember.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:53 pm

Thanks Acidic, I think I did but maybe I didn't, doh!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:57 pm

No problem.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:20 pm

I just found out today that the undead dragon's poison breath attack can even hurt people that are invading the host's game. I'm gonna start thinking of ways that I might be able to use that to might advantage.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:35 pm

GrinTwist wrote:I just found out today that the undead dragon's poison breath attack can even hurt people that are invading the host's game. I'm gonna start thinking of ways that I might be able to use that to might advantage.

Never tested it myself, but I guessed it, because it counts as an environmental damage, like falling damage, the fire breath from Hellkite Dragon, etc.

What other types of Enviormental damage you know about? I can't remember others right now..
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:16 pm

Now that makes sense, I didn't know it counted as environment damage.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:19 pm

GrinTwist wrote:Now that makes sense, I didn't know it counted as environment damage.

Oh I remember another one: the Hydra. Someone told me about it, never tested it myself, also I don't know if was referring to the projectile splash attack or the head smash attack, or both.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:50 pm

ChizFreak wrote:Oh I remember another one: the Hydra. Someone told me about it, never tested it myself, also I don't know if was referring to the projectile splash attack or the head smash attack, or both.

Projectile attack will damage enemies. It's a great way to kill the Crystal Golems.

I don't know if the head attack will damage them.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:48 pm

I wouldn't think it would seeing as it would count as enemy damage instead of elemental damage.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:57 pm

let me tell you something: Dragon Enemies HURT other players. Not Dragon Family, but those of actual Dragon Qualities. That includes Red Wyvern, Undead Dragon, Dragon legs of Izalith, and others as well. I bet Kalameet would too.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:13 am

PwnasauresRex and I just did some whip testing, and not only does the Guardian Tail break 20 poise per strike, but the Notched Whip does too. You can also inflict both bleed and poison at the same time. I didn't know any of that.

I've been seeing a lot of these tests lately, specific weapon's poise breaking ability. Should we just start adding these to the wiki maybe?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:25 am

I just realized some people don't know the shotel ignores shields, even when they are being attacked by it.

I'm summoned as a red at 120 in Anor Londo. The host hid behind his shield, and continued to do that while I attacked with my shotel. I killed him. Less then a minute later he summoned me again, and the same thing happened.

Then it also happened when I invaded the cliche PvP build as a 120 Darkmoon.

This has also happened other times before.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:50 am

how awesome the painting guardian sword is
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:35 am

raecor14 wrote:how awesome the painting guardian sword is

In PvE it's a beast, huge damage and speed, but with one tiny problem: the reach.

That same reason it's why it's not very viable in PvP: the reach. In PvP is way more important.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:20 am

i have used it semi-viable in PVP but a falchion is way more viable
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:05 am

I normally have no issues whatsoever avoiding the puke attack of the Gaping Dragon, but today I messed up and got caught in it for a bit. Turns out that it deteriorates weapon and armour to an extent that my Shortbow, priorly in pristine condition, was reduced to a point where I got the "Weapon at risk!" message. Cost me almost 2k souls to repair everything afterwards.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:37 am

GrinTwist wrote:I wouldn't think it would seeing as it would count as enemy damage instead of elemental damage.

All the Hydra attacks damage the golems. No need to fight the golems, just lure them and head for the Hydra, it will kill them all with its face attack.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:48 am

Dark Bead, Much like a bow, suffers from damage falloff.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:12 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I've been seeing a lot of these tests lately, specific weapon's poise breaking ability. Should we just start adding these to the wiki maybe?
    Please do big grin

Rynn wrote:Dark Bead, Much like a bow, suffers from damage falloff.
    So it's not just that fewer orbs hits the further you are away? Interesting.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:32 pm

Here is some stuff I discovered a while ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QCzvd2lH00

Now a question for you: How did I do that? First one to guess gets a cookie!
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:34 pm

FinPeku wrote:Here is some stuff I discovered a while ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QCzvd2lH00

Now a question for you: How did I do that? First one to guess gets a cookie!

You used the elevator jump shortcut.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:44 pm

ublug wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I've been seeing a lot of these tests lately, specific weapon's poise breaking ability. Should we just start adding these to the wiki maybe?
    Please do big grin

Rynn wrote:Dark Bead, Much like a bow, suffers from damage falloff.
    So it's not just that fewer orbs hits the further you are away? Interesting.
    Yup, My dark beads do about 500 damage per bead with my stats. I hit somebody with the beads right at the edge of the range that they would vanish, and i only did 12 damage. No GMB or shield (he got stunned, so I know it wasn't a block).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:06 pm