Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 16 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Rynn Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Lingering Dragon Crest Ring makes the new Dark Fog spell last for 6 minutes, but reduces the poison to 3 per second.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 16 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Marino. Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Everynevers wrote:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote: for those of youi new to solaires izalith story he can survive, if you use the short cut (or simply not talk to him at all after getting the soapstone, which prevents him from moving from anorlondo)and kill the red eyed sunlight maggot before solaire reaches izalith he will be found there later sitting and depressed, he will then next show up in the kiln to help fight gwyn

This is the only way I have ever found him. Even though it would make me sad to see his death, I guess I should attempt to see it.

You can do it without using the Shortcut .

Just dont ever Talk to him on any ocasion and he will just stand there forever until you do .
    Now you just progress through the Game normaly and kill the Sunlight Maggot , then go to Solaire and talk to him .
    After you Reloaded your Game he will have moved on to the next location

Repeat this and he will sit there whallowing in sadness and ready to fight Gwyn .

big grin
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:51 pm

I've just found out that Beatrice is as much use as a chocolate fireguard in the Moonlight Bug fight in ng+. She just stands there like piffy on a rockbun.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:05 am

I didnt know that powerwithin effects all dmg stats magic and other wise.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:58 am

Rarayn wrote:
    aceluby wrote:Just made a run w/ out using the Izalith shortcut and finally had a bout w/ Solaire. I love this little story line and how proud he is for finding the sunlight maggot... he went on and on about 'his very own sun!'. It was great!
    Great? It was one of the saddest deaths I've experienced in a video game in years. ;_;

I didn't feel sad at all, I thought it was actually a quite happy moment. He found what he was looking for and died being the happiest he's been, at least that's the way I took it.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:15 pm

In the Garden, when going to get the Wolf Ring, you meet a second tree blocking your path. I recently went into that area with a really low level toon, and wanted to just fast run to grab the WR. Noticing I had enough room to squeeze by, I didn't bother killing it. After getting the ring, however, (I hadn't killed the Guardians) I noticed that the tree had moved just slightly and blocked me completely. I ended up being chased by the Guardian and those red bugs, but couldn't run away because the tree had moved over just enough to block me. Basically I had to hack away at the tree with a low level sword, while fending off Guardian attacks. Devious little trick.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:06 pm

@back lot, you can jump from where you get the wolf ring down to where you fight the 2 ents by the soul item on the path to the bonfire. Good for speed runs.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:13 pm

^ I just recently realized that you can fall down to the bottom of that gap too. It just takes you down to the trail on the way up to the wolf ring. I'm not positive if you need fall control or not, but when I tested it I was using it.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:16 pm

I have tried that jump without fall control and I always die. But it doesn't seem that far down.
    higher vitality build might survive though.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:19 pm

You can survive the fall.
    Fall control does not make a fatal fall no longer fatal. Fall Control stops working at the exact point of a fall becoming fatal.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:21 pm

Ahh good to know.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:34 pm

Rynn wrote:You can survive the fall.
    Fall control does not make a fatal fall no longer fatal. Fall Control stops working at the exact point of a fall becoming fatal.

If it's survivable without FC, that'd be a sweet place to land a surprise plunging attack. Your timing would have to be perfect, but I'm sure it could be done. You'd just have to lead them.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Today I found out that you can get the large magic ember without killing Seath :roll: Only took me a year...
    Also tried to pvp in his first arena, but the hallway up to it is cut off by a fog gate next to the elevator 😢
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:23 pm

ublug wrote:Today I found out that you can get the large magic ember without killing Seath :roll:

How? I went there after my jail break, and he was there. I even sat at at the fire on the balcony before I went there.

Was this changed by the patch?

--- --- ---

Also, the Painting Guardian Sword is really good in PvP.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:58 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    ublug wrote:Today I found out that you can get the large magic ember without killing Seath :roll:

How? I went there after my jail break, and he was there. I even sat at at the fire on the balcony before I went there.

Was this changed by the patch?

No. All you need to do is make Seath go down the crystal caves. Once he's down there you can now go to the duke's tower and pick it up, though in all honesty it's best to kill Seath first because if you wantLogan's tin crystallization catalyst, you will have to do the run again as Logan won't go there until Seath is dead.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:23 pm

I'm pretty sure I have tried to make Seath leave before, but that was in the first month or so after the game released. Back then I homeward boned right after starting the bossfight, and when I went back to the tower he was back there again, if I remember correctly. Today I destroyed his crystal, then quit/reloaded and walked back instead of warping. Maybe they did change something in a patch, or you only have to break the crystal to make his move permanent.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:27 pm

deadagain wrote:I have tried that jump without fall control and I always die. But it doesn't seem that far down.
    higher vitality build might survive though.

High vit means nothing to fall damage, as it's a % of your total HP and not a fixed amount.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Thanks Caligollioneus, now I know the math. "and knowing is half the battle"
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 pm

YO JOE
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:35 pm

A real AMERICAN hero. cause no one died, ever . In the cartoon anyways.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 pm

Robots did. The B.A.T.S.'s
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Seeing as we have been talking about Seath there is one thing that baffles my mind. How the hell does he get in and out of that tower of his? I've had a good look around in there and there's no way in or out unless you go through the small door. It's a bit of a big blunder if this was an oversight of From.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:38 pm

I just discovered I am featured in 6 different youtube video's (someone on X-box just informed me and i checked). 4 I'm dueling, 1 I'm fighting gankers, and 1 I am ganking.

That was nice to see.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:48 pm

I just realized how much of a gold mine the Forest is for indicments. I should have become a Forest Hunter long ago.
    PwnasauresRex
    PwnasauresRex
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PwnasauresRex Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:04 am

I just found out how to get to that unused section of New Londo in front of Rickert of Vinheim.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:51 pm