Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 15 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Aznul Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:15 pm

In dark anor londo, the archer silver night in the main hall to the ornstein and smough disappears but the others don't.

Also the sealer in new londo will go to firelink shrine if you talk to him after killing the four kings.

If you backstab something/someone then you will be put at the perfect range to jump attack them if you wait for them to get on their feet(stop being invulnerable do to the animation). (Tested with the greatsword of artorias, my favorite weapon for my main character)

Also the silver knight shield seems to be rarer than the black knight shield (no idea why).
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 15 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Nybbles Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:16 pm

i discovered, to my dismay, that the channeler in the depths can kill you even after beating Gapping Dragon and you have been removed from your hosts world.

i had just finished helping my host kill that damnable beastie, the "You Defeated" message appeared and i was removed from the hosts world. while i was waiting for the loading screen, that jerk channeler kept sniping me, even though i wasn't even there anymore and he managed to kill me!
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:53 pm

In dark anor londo, the silver knights seem to stop dropping items. (Tested with 10 humanities and gold covetous serpent ring) Which is frustrating since the silver knight shield is possibly the only weapon i still need for the all rare weapons achievement. Oh well, NG++++ here I come.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Just found out last night that, for a challenge, you can leave the explosive throwing giant alive at Sens, and he'll shower them down on you during the Iron Golem fight. A guy summoned me for the fight that had done it. It was crazy hard. I'm also not entirely sure about this one, but I think they may have damaged the Golem as well. It's also got me thinking, that you might be able to summon for that fight, and then stay up in that upper area and shoot spells down on the Golem once the host has crossed the fog. If you were so inclined. I'm not positive it would work, but I figure if the explosives work once the fight starts then other stuff might also right?
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:42 pm

I am pretty sure those giant firebombs are thrown in an arc though. That and quite a few spells would simply not have enough range.

Though I love the fact that I can shoot that firebomb chucking bastard as soon as I see him as soon as I have both the black bow of pharis and the hawk ring cheers. (NG+ onwards)

Only fought him up close once, but that was shooting him from on the stairs that go up to his rooftop. Gotta love bows big grin.

Though I had no idea he could participate in that fight, personally I always kill him as soon as possible because I despise him.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:52 pm

My very first fight against Iron Golem ended with me burning to death. Then I went for a revenge against that giant.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Aznul wrote:
    Though I love the fact that I can shoot that firebomb
    chucking bastard as soon as I see him as soon as I have both the black
    bow of pharis and the hawk ring cheers. (NG+ onwards)

Though
    I had no idea he could participate in that fight, personally I always
    kill him as soon as possible because I despise him.

Yeah I do also. Ya know you don't need those to kill him with bows right? You can do it with both long and short bows and the hawk ring isn't necessary. Just arc your shots and use poison arrows. You only need about 10 of them. If you poison him around 2 or 3 times and just wait each time he'll die.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:59 pm

The gold tracer particle effect is added to your shield too.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:14 pm

I knew the firebomb giant can launch them into the boss fight, but I likewise suspect (but have not tested) that a summon could also park up there and fire arrows down into the boss fight. There are a couple of other spots where this has been confirmed as possible, like above the Gaping Dragon fight where the channeler hangs out.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:35 pm

befowler wrote:I knew the firebomb giant can launch them into the boss fight, but I likewise suspect (but have not tested) that a summon could also park up there and fire arrows down into the boss fight. There are a couple of other spots where this has been confirmed as possible, like above the Gaping Dragon fight where the channeler hangs out.

That's kinda neat. I didn't know about that. A Greatbow could most likely do some nice damage from up there too. Might actually be a useful tactic in like NG+whatever. The host could just play keep away while summons dish out the damage from above.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:41 pm

I think you can snipe the gaping dragon, but I once tried to snipe the iron golem and the arrows only hit the wall of the tower. Maybe you can snipe him from the bridge to tarkus?

As for the firebomb thrower, I'll often just break his balls silly before entering the boss fog, which leaves him unable to throw any more.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:57 pm

What's this Gold Tracer particle effect exactly?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:25 pm

Paladin Leeroy can not one hand Grant
    The gold tracers gold particle effect happens to the shield too if it moves too much during a weapon swing. Most noticable on the rolling attack.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Rynn wrote:Paladin Leeroy can not one hand Grant
    I noticed this myself some time ago and i thought it was hilarious big grin I guess he has 34 str. At least in ng. I have not checked if he still can't one hand it in ng+.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:41 pm

FinPeku wrote:
    Rynn wrote:Paladin Leeroy can not one hand Grant
    I noticed this myself some time ago and i thought it was hilarious big grin I guess he has 34 str. At least in ng. I have not checked if he still can't one hand it in ng+.

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 15 2707236321 I dont know if he can but in NG+++++ I got **** and he wooped my butt.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Well, I like dealing full damage with my ranged attacks, which is why I love the hawk ring and black bow of pharis. It also makes it easier to aim when you have ridiculously awesome range (though I would love the ability to get more).

The dragon leg things in lost izalith can damage one another with their attacks, especially the high jumps.

Equipment damage seems to be based more on number of hits taken than damage from each of those attacks, but I am not quite sure.

The sliding gargoyle things in lost Izalith are very damage resistant, at least to fire lightning and physical damage.

Just found the normal entrance to lost Izalith (skipped it every time with the shortcut so far lol!)
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:00 pm

Just made a run w/ out using the Izalith shortcut and finally had a bout w/ Solaire. I love this little story line and how proud he is for finding the sunlight maggot... he went on and on about 'his very own sun!'. It was great!
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:02 pm

That sounds pretty interesting actually, I think I will try that in my next run.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:11 pm

aceluby wrote:Just made a run w/ out using the Izalith shortcut and finally had a bout w/ Solaire. I love this little story line and how proud he is for finding the sunlight maggot... he went on and on about 'his very own sun!'. It was great!
    Great? It was one of the saddest deaths I've experienced in a video game in years. ;_;
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Rarayn wrote:
    aceluby wrote:Just made a run w/ out using the Izalith shortcut and finally had a bout w/ Solaire. I love this little story line and how proud he is for finding the sunlight maggot... he went on and on about 'his very own sun!'. It was great!
    Great? It was one of the saddest deaths I've experienced in a video game in years. ;_;

I think Ostrava's death was a little sadder.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:09 pm

ublug wrote:As for the firebomb thrower, I'll often just break his balls silly before entering the boss fog, which leaves him unable to throw any more.

Does that actually work? He runs out of ammo? The level of detail in this game is kinda crazy sometimes.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:13 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Rarayn wrote:

I think Ostrava's death was a little sadder.

Yeah I hate that you can't rescue Ostrava. He's my buddy. I don't want to kill him. I'm guessing From felt the same way, or they might not have given us the option to save Solaire. I almost never get his equipment because I hate having to watch him die. I much prefer battling Gwyn with him.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:14 pm

That is really funny if destroying his toys makes him a sad panda, lol. I usually just bait him into doing his freakout pummeling maneuver from the stairwell, then stab and hack at him while he's recovering. Usually only takes 2 times.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:16 pm

for those of youi new to solaires izalith story he can survive, if you use the short cut (or simply not talk to him at all after getting the soapstone, which prevents him from moving from anorlondo)and kill the red eyed sunlight maggot before solaire reaches izalith he will be found there later sitting and depressed, he will then next show up in the kiln to help fight gwyn
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:29 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote: for those of youi new to solaires izalith story he can survive, if you use the short cut (or simply not talk to him at all after getting the soapstone, which prevents him from moving from anorlondo)and kill the red eyed sunlight maggot before solaire reaches izalith he will be found there later sitting and depressed, he will then next show up in the kiln to help fight gwyn

This is the only way I have ever found him. Even though it would make me sad to see his death, I guess I should attempt to see it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:28 pm