Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 14 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Revoltage Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:14 am

Aznul wrote:What exactly do you mean by gens?

Also how in the world do you get on top of the swinging blades in sen's fortress?
    Gens is just a roman term for family.

And yes there is a way to swing on the blades. it involves going around some boulders and dropping down to a particular section. It's a bit difficult for me to describe...... if you know how to get the slumbering dragoncrest ring in sen's, then you'll easily find out how to drop onto the swinging blade silly
    Ranger9411
    Ranger9411

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 14 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Ranger9411 Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:24 am

I just realized today why they call it Firelink Shrine...
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Aznul wrote:Not sure why someone would try jumping down on an enemy which has a mouth for its entire top half, but hey what do I know (so many teeth, seems dangerous, maybe I'll just shoot them all).

I was thinking, "Oh look! I can drop onto that one." I didn't think past that idea.

Ranger9411 wrote:I just realized today why they call it Firelink Shrine...

Sometimes we don't see the obvious. Which is why I was eaten alive by a big plant thing.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:40 am

That a +15 Claymore with 31 Str and 40 Dex with a one-handed Hornet Ring'd riposte does 1337 damage against the Sorcerer Forest Hunter NPC on NG+.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:55 am

damm thats gotta hurt. Anyone one know what the highest damage ever done is?
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:35 am

There is a video of someone using the Greatsword of Artorias against the Graveyard skellies and doing like 10k damage. Check the Wiki article about the Sword to find the video.

Last edited by Dante_000 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:46 pm

I saw a video where the guy fought against the graveyard skeletons where he used the greatsword of artorias and did 8323 damage with a riposte, but he had maximum in all stats.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Did he buff himself with Red Tearstone, Power Within and Dragon Body and the Trident ? I think thats all you can do at once .

I saw someone doing 6656575 Damage with a Bow Backstab while using Red Tearstone, Dragon Body and the Trident (and maybe PW) to the Hollows in New Londo
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:30 pm

yeah the dragon bow things been fixed now as far as i can tell though,
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Hidden weapon with a fist weapon... It makes it seem like you are just punching, but when you hit, you hit hard.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:10 am

I discovered today that the Centipede Demon can actually shoot some strong fireballs from its mouths, and they seemed to home in as well.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:22 am

Yeah... I hate those fireballs. The Centipede always opens with them for me. Kinda ticks me off cuz Solaire ends up taking a lot of damage before the damn thing is close enough to fight. >.<
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:25 am

You can summon Dusk while hollowed. Near-useless fact, but saved me a bit of time when I was planning on homeward boning to reverse my hollowing.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 am

CaligoIllioneus wrote:I discovered today that the Centipede Demon can actually shoot some strong fireballs from its mouths, and they seemed to home in as well.

That the centipede demon kicks my but to easily on NG+++++. I forgot to continue Solaires quest so I couldnt summon him. sad
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:23 pm

The thing I hate the most about the centipede demon is that ridiculous arm stretch move he stops to use again and again while closing the distance to finally fight me face to face.

I also just learned that if you die to the hollowed big hat logan in the place where you first fight seath, you will be put in the jail just like you were before, but without the alarm sounding or the door being locked.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:47 pm

the hand axe is one of the lightest fastest stunlocking wepons in the game. +buff = dead everything
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:29 pm

I accidentally bs a pisaca today. I only thought humanoid creatures could be bs'ed.

Also found out you can block ghost attacks with the ghost blades. Lol
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Ah... it's the stretch armstrong thing that he spams at the start that pisses me off and not the fireballs, sorry.

RedderAI - I too thought that only humanoids could be BS'd ... until I BS'd one of those armored warthogs guarding the Archives. Looked so wrong.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:34 pm

I just noticed that when your world is cursed and you kill everything on the the map, quit and reload, the black phantom enemies respawn while all others are srill dead. Very suprising when you load your game expecting everything to be dead.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:56 am

I just came across something new (to me at least), and I guess it's a bug of some kind. A similar bug is found in demons souls.

If you two hand weapons of the small weapon classes (daggers, straight swords, curved swords, katanas, hammers), and your equip weight is at medium roll, you can approach enemies unseen from behind. They will notice you if you dash, but you do not have to sneak up on them to backstab. It's kind of like using the slumbering dragoncrest ring.

I tried different weapons and gear, and the results were the same as long as you two handed the weapon and had medium roll, the only thing I didn't remove was the fap ring. I only tried this in the dlc area, might not work in other parts of the game.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:37 am

Another thing I noticed recently is that some enemies do not revert back to their 'initial state' if you re-visit after going to other areas without resting or warping inbetween.
    I killed everything in new londo, then went through valley of drakes and took the lift back up and bought a few items from the female merchant, but forgot to rest before heading back down. When I got back the ghosts had respawned, but they also kept swarming me from a distance without having to trigger their traps first. For example, the two ghosts who hides in the ground above the first set of stairs came down the stairs to greet me.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:48 am

That the drakes in the valley are stunlocking jerks with that damn lighting.

However souls spear is really effective if you line them up you can hit several of them at once.

ALSO its not confirmed but it appears to me that some enemies change attack patterns depending on the equipment your holding. aka parry shields or daggers whether your two handing ect.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:35 pm

I just looked at the stats of the Crystal Shield, and it is amazing!

100 physical, 60 magic, 80 fire, 80 lightning, and 60 stability. Why do I never see people use this?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:38 pm

Yeah, the crystal shield is nice, I see folks use it against S&O fairly often due to the lightning resist. It's uncommon elsewhere I think because the stability is lower than most upgraded medium shields, and I don't think you can parry with it.

Something I recently discovered that's probably old news to others is that crossbow bolts benefit from the leo ring, since they do thrust damage. Better still, bosses are as susceptible to counter damage as anyone else. For example, if you get Smough or Ornstein to do one of their buttslams and then shoot them while they're sitting on the ground you do great damage with zero risk.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:02 pm

anyone tried the leo ring with throwing knives?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:48 am