Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 27 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:54 am

Happens to the best of us. I still notice things that make me want to slap myself pretty regularly too.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 27 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:09 pm

You can Equip - Un-Equip Bloodshield/Gargoyle's Halberd until the Bleed/Poison/Toxic meter builds up, and it won't Damage you (You won't get poisoned/toxicated et.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:23 pm

^ It's still a good idea to wait for them to go back down before progressing after you equip them, because if you get tagged with one of them while they're high from equipping one of the items, it'll still trigger the status effect. Know what I mean? Usually if I equip something like that, it's because I'm about to enter somewhere where that status effect is prevalent, like the cursebite ring before Seath or an area with basilisks. Wouldn't help much if you put it on and then ran right in and took a blast and were cursed immediately, because you aren't seeing the effects of their protection yet.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:55 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:If you're coming from the secret area with the giant in the beginning of Sen's Fortress, you can roll out of the door, that would normally drop you down to the area at the beginning of the first swinging pendulums, onto a small rim in the wall. From there you can literally just stand above the door that leads into the area, which is perfect, because if you're invaded during that portion of Sen's, the invaders will enter from that direction, setting you up for a plunging attack from a place where nobody will be able to see you coming. Just did it a minute ago. Worked perfectly.

God damn it you had to reveal that spot. I've been using that for the past two weeks how can I surprise people now. sad
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:It's amazing that after all this time, and so many hours playing the game, that I've never noticed it before. Heck, I used to use the Shotel quite a bit in PvP! I guess I must go around Lordran with my eyes closed half the time! lol

And that's why this thread is 43 pages long.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:58 pm

steveswede wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:If you're coming from the secret area with the giant in the beginning of Sen's Fortress, you can roll out of the door, that would normally drop you down to the area at the beginning of the first swinging pendulums, onto a small rim in the wall. From there you can literally just stand above the door that leads into the area, which is perfect, because if you're invaded during that portion of Sen's, the invaders will enter from that direction, setting you up for a plunging attack from a place where nobody will be able to see you coming. Just did it a minute ago. Worked perfectly.

God damn it you had to reveal that spot. I've been using that for the past two weeks how can I surprise people now. sad

I'm still trying to figure out where he's talking about. Maybe I've never found this secret area...
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:59 pm

You got that right BLB! lol
    Synalon
    Synalon

Post by Synalon Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:03 pm

That there's a bonfire in Sen's Fortress?! What the hell
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Synalon wrote:That there's a bonfire in Sen's Fortress?! What the hell

Pretty easy to miss, considering you're probably running like hell from the rain of fireballs!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:
    steveswede wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out where he's talking about. Maybe I've never found this secret area...

I can post a photo if you'd like.

Sorry Steve. I was all excited to find it. I'm sure there're still going to be people that don't expect it.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:26 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Sorry Steve. I was all excited to find it. I'm sure there're still going to be people that don't expect it.

It was inevitable that it would be revealed here. I've been using it so much that people were bound to find out how to do it. The WTF moments on the hosts and phantoms have been an absolute blast when using it. You see them creeping up to the door thinking you're around the corner, look around everywhere else but don't look directly above them. They then proceed to the bridge and BAM I get them with a back stab and a look skyward taunt.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:29 pm

^I've been doing it, then following up with force, and throwing them off the cliff as soon as they recover from the plunge. Even if they survive the fall I can follow it up with another plunge, and if I miss that I've evened the odds pretty well by bringing a titanite demon into the battle.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:33 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:^I've been doing it, then following up with force

Ya know that would be really effective with WOTG instead. Combine the damage of that with the fall damage would be practically instant kill no matter what vitality you've got.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:35 pm

Yeah, pretty much. I've been trying to avoid using my WoG's if I can help it. Just because I've been trying to get better with my GA, and once I start WoGing that's about all there is, just because either I've killed my opponent with the one, or the nature of the fight changes so much, that I don't get the practice in I want to.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:12 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Back Lot Basher wrote:
    steveswede wrote:

I can post a photo if you'd like.

Sorry Steve. I was all excited to find it. I'm sure there're still going to be people that don't expect it.

Sure...and while we're on the topic of Sens, I have completely gone blank regarding how to open that cell door shortcut, the one that leads to the Black Sorcerer set. Anything to jog my memory (I'm brutal at navigation - constantly getting lost in games - got lost in those world 2 caves from Demon's Souls for days).
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:15 pm

When you enter the area with the rolling boulders, the one where if you run all the way to the bottom you can let them pile up and crash through the wall for the Gold Serpent Ring, instead of going down when you enter, go up a bit and roll off the ledge. It puts you on a small wooden platform, next to a female snake and the area you want to go.

Here are the photos of the ledge I was talking about:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:56 pm

lol...that's great, Plastic....I must try that. Fog ring might make it even more interesting, since you could also send them a message telling them you're waiting by the two serpents at the start, and BAM, drop on their heads when they come back. I'd feel kind of guilty for such trickery, though. But only for a minute, then it would pass!

I know that area with the female serpent...I must have missed something. Thanks for the description though.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Yeah, no problem. There are two direction to go once you're on the platform, and one of them leads to the Slumber DC, and if you go that way first you have to go all the way back to open the shortcut. That's probably what you did, if you've been there already and didn't open it. I do it sometimes too.

I'm not sure if they can see you from the doorway whether you fog ring or not. The angle is kinda weird from there, and I don't think the camera can manage it. I could be wrong though.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:15 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Yeah, no problem. There are two direction to go once you're on the platform, and one of them leads to the Slumber DC, and if you go that way first you have to go all the way back to open the shortcut. That's probably what you did, if you've been there already and didn't open it. I do it sometimes too.

I always went straight out, dropping to where the ring was. I must not have seen the path to the left or right. Will look for it next time I visit.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 pm

I was level 20 or so, low level gear, at start of game. I decided to dash down and get the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring then bone warp back.

Absent mindedly I went all the way there and actually used the second bonfire at tomb of giants...

Going from toumb of the giants bonfire back to Firelink shrine without warping... I had no idea that was such a tough run.
    Found out it was a lot easier to get INTO the graveyard that OUT of it.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:45 pm

MosquitoPower wrote:I was level 20 or so, low level gear, at start of game. I decided to dash down and get the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring then bone warp back.

Absent mindedly I went all the way there and actually used the second bonfire at tomb of giants...

Going from toumb of the giants bonfire back to Firelink shrine without warping... I had no idea that was such a tough run.

Yes it's quite the challenge coming back through it especially if the necromancers are still around. The only reason I used to rest there before getting the lord vessel was so I could get the large divine ember and make sure I didn't lose my souls from killing Pinwheel, but now I just use a ring of sacrifice and keep all my goods when I die.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:08 pm

I found out that PVP arena is actually really boring.

Its all just shield up and circle till someone lags enough to BS.

I've taken to just running off around the map and seeing how many laps I can do without being hit.

I have also found that you can do about 5 laps!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Oh, that ledge. I considered it a common knowledge. A lot of invaders try to plunge at me from there.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:21 pm

Sentiel wrote:Oh, that ledge. I considered it a common knowledge. A lot of invaders try to plunge at me from there.

One man's common knowledge is another's new discovery man.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:28 pm

MosquitoPower wrote:I was level 20 or so, low level gear, at start of game. I decided to dash down and get the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring then bone warp back.

Climbing back out of the tomb on foot is brutal, that was the hardest run I ever had the first time I tried it, also with a low level character. Went down there before I had the LV so I couldn't even get to Nito and I hadn't even triggered the events to get Reah down there. Those ladders guarded by the archers...ugh.

And Plastic, that is a hilarious discovery. Can you use chameleon up there too? I assume that would be glorious.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:51 pm