Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 33 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Spurgun Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:52 pm

If you attack or roll (or do some other kind of action, blocking doesn't work though) the background sound/music disappears. It slowly comes back again if you don't do anything or only walk.
    I found this out in the forest while i was hosting. Thought it was pretty interesting.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 33 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:52 pm

In the Duke's Archives, in the outdoor courtyard area, with all the crystal golems, if you come down from the ladder and follow the wall around to the left and down to where the ground starts to slope down a bit, there's a small platform that juts out from the wall that can be jumped onto. I just used it to preform a plunging attack onto an invader who was chasing me around trying to inflict the last hit necessary to bleed me with the Lifehunt. I jumped up then turned right back around and plunged onto him. Priceless
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:17 pm

I've learned that the regular dagger and the parrying dagger are both actually faster than any other dagger in the game, including the bandit's dagger. It appears to be tied to their weight, because they are only 0.5, while the rest of the daggers tend to be heavier.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:20 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:In the Duke's Archives, in the outdoor courtyard area, with all the crystal golems, if you come down from the ladder and follow the wall around to the left and down to where the ground starts to slope down a bit, there's a small platform that juts out from the wall that can be jumped onto. I just used it to preform a plunging attack onto an invader who was chasing me around trying to inflict the last hit necessary to bleed me with the Lifehunt. I jumped up then turned right back around and plunged onto him. Priceless

You can also use the stairs to the entrance of the Forest for this. I'm sure you know about using them off the sides and whatnot, but you can climb a couple of steps then turn around and jump into a plunging attack if someone is following you.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:43 pm

I wasn't aware of that. That's good to know. I love figuring out ways of using the environment to your advantage. It makes me feel like a ninja
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:56 pm

MasterofShadows wrote:I've learned that the regular dagger and the parrying dagger are both actually faster than any other dagger in the game, including the bandit's dagger. It appears to be tied to their weight, because they are only 0.5, while the rest of the daggers tend to be heavier.
    The plain Ghost Blade (not Jagged) is also very fast.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:06 pm

When using Lingering Dragoncrest Ring and CMW, you can observe the crystals on your weapon slowly disappearing one after another as the buff gets near it's end, until your weapon looks like it only has GMW on and then it turns off completely.

It's a nice little effect, one could use to ascertain remaining time of opponents buff. I wish this worked even without the ring and on more buffs.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:29 am

It seems that sometimes things get harder once you have a viable strategy. Though normally it would be the other way around. For some reason once i started using a bandit knife against the stray demon instead of my upgraded hand ax, i did far more damage but ended up dying repeatedly and for stupid reasons.

Oh and of course i kill him on the next try as soon as ranting on the forums. lol!

Then proceed to die to the torch hollows on the way out.:evil:
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:17 am

The asylum demon, stray demon, and fires age demon should NOT be able to fly with those wings.

IMO dragonbros should too. *nods*
    YourBigSpoon

Post by YourBigSpoon Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:18 am

I had no idea that the two cages in Sen's Fortress were a shortcut...(I've literally went by them at least 40 times and said to myself, "I wish those cages worked as a shortcut".)... Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 33 3358384175
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:11 am

I've come to the realization that you cannot be invaded in the Demon's Ruins if you haven't placed the Lord's Vessel in Firelink Altar yet.

It's a long walk, but I go get the Large Flame Ember after ringing the second bell and before I leave Blighttown. It's relaxing to be able to play online in human form without fear of invaders.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:26 am

RedderAI wrote:The asylum demon, stray demon, and fires age demon should NOT be able to fly with those wings.

Prostration
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:28 am

Spurgun wrote:
    RedderAI wrote:The asylum demon, stray demon, and fires age demon should NOT be able to fly with those wings.

Prostration

Not sure if praise or grievance. -_-
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:53 am

Green__Eagle wrote:I've come to the realization that you cannot be invaded in the Demon's Ruins if you haven't placed the Lord's Vessel in Firelink Altar yet.

It's a long walk, but I go get the Large Flame Ember after ringing the second bell and before I leave Blighttown. It's relaxing to be able to play online in human form without fear of invaders.
    That's not entirely true. After the bridge leading to the fog gate of Ceaseless Discharge, there's a spot where you can summon and be invaded. Sure, you can just step though the gate if you are invaded, but that's not the point. silly
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:42 am

The Oolacile Ivory Catalyst will net you 1000 souls if fed to Frampt, the same amount it costs to buy it from Dusk. If I am not entirely mistaken, you can have as many of the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst as you want...Meaning that it's the perfect soul banking method.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:55 am

If you shoot Gwynevere, but run out of her chamber towards the bonfire fast enough, Gwynevere will die but the cutscene where Gwyndolin chastises you won't trigger and Anor Londo will not go dark.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:01 am

RedderAI wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:

Prostration

Not sure if praise or grievance. -_-

Praise the Sun

Spoiler:
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:59 am

If you use the binoculars and fire the Avelyn, I don't know if this works with any other crossbow/bow, and shoot it, a bolt will stay in the crossbow. If you switch to a weapon that goes over your shoulder, say a Greatsword type, the bolt will be suspended over your hand XD.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:20 pm

The sleeping serpent man can break the wall hiding Big Hat.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:I've come to the realization that you cannot be invaded in the Demon's Ruins if you haven't placed the Lord's Vessel in Firelink Altar yet.

I do the same thing. The bonfire down there also does not appear at all, and Kirk does not invade. But if you take some time and a pile of poison arrows you can get the large flame ember and usually the chaos ember (assuming you've killed ceaseless) in peace and quiet. Same is also true of any area ultimately blocked by the orange fog, such as the Tomb of the Giants. You can go down and collect all the goodies, kindle all the bfires etc, in safety as long as you are willing to endure the climb back out without warp ability.

One that amused me recently was that the harpies in PW can fall to their deaths just like any other mob even though they supposedly fly.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Those harpies actually tend to fall off ledges more than anything else BECAUSE they can supposedly fly. That ridiculous jump attack has killed more of them than anything else at least for me.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:57 pm

XachAttack wrote:If you use the binoculars and fire the Avelyn, I don't know if this works with any other crossbow/bow, and shoot it, a bolt will stay in the crossbow. If you switch to a weapon that goes over your shoulder, say a Greatsword type, the bolt will be suspended over your hand XD.

That works with every bow and crossbow. And every type of bolt/arrow. You can even get a dragonslayer arrow stuck in your fist. In fact, it's possible to get one of each bolts and arrows stuck in your hand at the same time. It looks pretty messy though.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:18 pm

A stun negates the animation of reloading a crossbow, but it's still reloaded after the stun.

Found this out when fighting roller with kirks something equipped while i had 0 poise.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:18 pm

Reaperfan wrote:If you shoot Gwynevere, but run out of her chamber towards the bonfire fast enough, Gwynevere will die but the cutscene where Gwyndolin chastises you won't trigger and Anor Londo will not go dark.

You can do that by just shooting here from outside the chamber as well.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Lol spur... you can thank me later

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:12 pm