Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 32 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:40 pm

I kinda don't like the thin little legs. When I use the BI, I usually mix it with the Steel legs. Maybe I should have just created a thread for this. I started to, but then decided it wasn't a big enough topic.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 32 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Idk, I always try to match by color when I'm hosting/helping. I don't really care when I'm invading since I'm all blue anyway.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Apparently, if in water and moving slowly without the Iron Ring, if you run and attack with a halberd. There is no wind up attack, the halberd just instantly makes an arc in front of you, striking faster than a dagger. So Halberds has some weird situational advantage in water.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:44 pm

It comes in very handy in blightown, mosquitos be damned!
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:18 pm

If you put arrows in the second arrow slot, but leave the first one empty, you can fire a bow without an ugly quiver being stuck to your back. Particularly useful if you're in Dragonform.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:31 pm

^ That is a nice piece of information. I hate how the quivers hang so far off your back. It's like they designed everything to sit off your back properly only if you're wearing Smough's armor. Honesty, Smough's set is ugly enough anyway, they should have just done it the other way around.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:32 pm

Bowing for Catbros makes my Butt hurt ;_;
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:06 am

Please correct me if I'm missing something, because honestly this is one of those rare times that I'd actually prefer to be wrong, but due to the existence of the Great Club, the Demon's Great Hammer is essentially useless isn't it? I'm pretty sure they have the exact same moveset, but the Great Club has higher base damage once upgraded fully, only trailing by a few points when it's not upgraded, has A STR scaling vs the DGH's B, weighs 10 points less, and requires almost 20 less STR to wield. That's crazy. Why would you ever use the Demon's GH considering that comparison? I really do hope I'm missing something here. I'd much prefer it to be useful

Wait no, the DGH does have higher base damage, but it's a pretty miniscule difference. It's only by about 20 points, and with the difference in scaling I wouldn't think it'd make any difference at all. Once you have enough STR to even wield the DGH, you'll be doing much more damage with the GC due to it's scaling. The only possible advantage I could see, is negating the scaling by going elemental, but if you have enough STR to use it, it'd be silly to not take advantage of it's scaling.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:13 am; edited 2 times in total
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:09 am

It's the knight shield as far as great hammers go.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:16 am

They have different R2 attacks. The DGH's R2's are a little faster than the GC's, but that's pretty much the only positive thing I can say about it.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:53 am

Derp ignore this post I misread and confused the demon great hammer for the demon great axe.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:27 am

I'm actually coming to really love the DGA. It's what I ended up going to from the Grant, for grape flavored buffs. I was just checking out some of my other options though, and that's what led me to look into the DGH. I'm really loving the DGA's R2 combo. It's so satisfying to nail people with the second hit and send them flying.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:23 pm

The red sign has no lower limit. I was level 100 and summoned a level 5 red.

I thought it had the same restrictions as a white sign.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:26 pm

no, it has no upperlimit lol
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:no, it has no upperlimit lol

Right, I was thinking backwards lol.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:47 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I'm actually coming to really love the DGA. It's what I ended up going to from the Grant, for grape flavored buffs. I was just checking out some of my other options though, and that's what led me to look into the DGH. I'm really loving the DGA's R2 combo. It's so satisfying to nail people with the second hit and send them flying.

It's also a really good bait. You can use it and them pivot parry people who try to BS you, or just unlock and hit them with another r2.

The DGA doesn't stunlock as well as it used to though, at least it fells like that to me.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Accessing the forums off my Xbox is WAY worse than on my PC.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:17 pm

The spell Hidden Body is not only great against pursuers (provided they haven't launched yet) it is also amazing against the mobs in Oolacile township/chasm of the Abyss. The sorcerors don't even target you with spells at close range, you have to stand right next to them to get them to aggro and even then they try their cute lil' melee attacks instead of spells. You can also stand off and plug all the mobs with a crossbow and they don't even react. It basically drops all their aggro ranges to about 2 feet. This is funny because they have those giant heads covered with eyes.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:21 pm

A friend of mine finally picked up Dark Soul around the beginning of December, made it past the Taurus Demon and stopped, because he was not having any luck hacking the Parish. Got a text from him today almost a month later:

"I think I understand Dark Souls now... it's called patience"

and so it begins.

Praise the Sun

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:28 pm

Spurgun wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I'm actually coming to really love the DGA. It's what I ended up going to from the Grant, for grape flavored buffs. I was just checking out some of my other options though, and that's what led me to look into the DGH. I'm really loving the DGA's R2 combo. It's so satisfying to nail people with the second hit and send them flying.

It's also a really good bait. You can use it and them pivot parry people who try to BS you, or just unlock and hit them with another r2.

The DGA doesn't stunlock as well as it used to though, at least it fells like that to me.

Yeah, I've felt that nerf also. I used the regular GA a lot before the patch, and it was definitely a better stunlocker before. They're still awesome weapons though. I fought a guy who was tanking and using the DGM last night, and usually those are some of the hardest battles for me, as my strengths with this character are the ability to stunlock, and not be stunlocked in return, and fighting another tank kinda takes that right out of your hands, but I was able to overpower him over and over again with the DGA. It's rolling attack is fast enough, and has enough range, that if you use it right, it can roll through GS attacks and attack from behind without taking damage almost every time. It's not as good as stunlocking, but it's still a nice advantage. Those rolling attacks are brutal.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Yeah, you can even deadangle with the rolling attacks, if you time it right.

I usually only have 40 poise on my builds, so the stunlock nerf hurt quite a lot. I used to be able to bait them into a stunlock, and then they would die silly . But now i have to stunlock them at least twice most of the time. And since the DGA is so slow, it makes it a lot easier for people to punish me.
    Turtlers aren't as much of a problem for me. Since i can deadangle roar them and follow up with a jumping attack. It usually hits for 800-1200 damage.

I do love the OHK ripostes that you can do with it, even without HR.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:35 pm

befowler wrote: You can also stand off and plug all the mobs with a crossbow and they don't even react. It basically drops all their aggro ranges to about 2 feet. This is funny because they have those giant heads covered with eyes.

+1

I started using this tactic some time ago, and rarely go through that area without it (unless I'm cooping). Normally that long route from the bottom of the shortcut to the creature with the spike on his head is an absolute gauntlet, but this makes it a snap. Love the crossbow.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Spurgun wrote:Yeah, you can even deadangle with the rolling attacks, if you time it right.

I usually only have 40 poise on my builds, so the stunlock nerf hurt quite a lot. I used to be able to bait them into a stunlock, and then they would die silly . But now i have to stunlock them at least twice most of the time. And since the DGA is so slow, it makes it a lot easier for people to punish me.
    Turtlers aren't as much of a problem for me. Since i can deadangle roar them and follow up with a jumping attack. It usually hits for 800-1200 damage.

I do love the OHK ripostes that you can do with it, even without HR.

Yeah, I actually broke into 4 digit damage for the first time BSing with it last night.With 50 STR and DMB I'm doing close to 1400 damage with it when I BS or parry. I've been combining it with force to give me an edge over faster characters who are trying to out maneuver it's slow speed. I love force. It's really funny how much hate mail you get about WoG spamming when you use it. I love sending the follow up messages that're like: "was I damaging you? It's force dummy."
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:46 pm

I've never used force, i think it's a bit useless on dragons since we have built-in force that's faster and spammable to no end silly
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:46 pm

Yeah, if I were using a dragon there'd definitely be no point to it, but if I want to keep my DMB, which I do, then Force will have to do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:25 pm